IGNORED

New Genesis games

atari2600land

I'm interested, but why do they all have to be RPGs? Can't some team of programmers make a decent platformer or puzzler for once?

I think it's about market. RPGs I think have a larger niche market than the other two. I could be wrong, but I just think RPGs are more marketable, and perhaps it's easier to find people to get excited about programming them because of the story involved, etc.

I'm interested, but why do they all have to be RPGs? Can't some team of programmers make a decent platformer or puzzler for once?

I think it's about market. RPGs I think have a larger niche market than the other two. I could be wrong, but I just think RPGs are more marketable, and perhaps it's easier to find people to get excited about programming them because of the story involved, etc.

I think it's also because the Genesis didn't get too many great RPGs released on cartridge. I think people have been wanting an RPG on the same level as the Final Fantasy games for the SNES. Hilariously enough, good RPGs for the Genesis have been available for quite some time and have only been one SegaCD purchase away from most of these people... :)

It's ironic that people are making RPGs on the Sega Genesis, while I'm trying to make action games on the Super Nintendo. I find it sad that nobody even tried to make a Gunstar Heroes game on the SNES. Everybody kept complaining about everything causing slowdown without even trying in the first place. Stop blabbering about unexplored territory, and just explore it for once!!!

Programmer - "Duh, I'm not going to do it because it will cause slowdowns"

It's ironic that people are making RPGs on the Sega Genesis, while I'm trying to make action games on the Super Nintendo. I find it sad that nobody even tried to make a Gunstar Heroes game on the SNES. Everybody kept complaining about everything causing slowdown without even trying in the first place. Stop blabbering about unexplored territory, and just explore it for once!!!

Programmer - "Duh, I'm not going to do it because it will cause slowdowns"

Heh. I keep saying Sonic 2'll run just fine if ported to SNES. "Nonono, it'll be too slow!" ...then what of the Game Gear Sonics?