IGNORED

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit

Cobra Kai

I grinded out the achievements yesterday and now have the full 1000 GP. Awesome fun. The Autolog really does create competition. I have 20 friends that have this game, so my wall/leaderboards are filled with good stuff.

:( i don't get mine till Dec, 25th. :sad:

There's no right and wrong in issue of such subjectivity, but there's an answer for someone who questions how somebody else could not like Burnout. If I want fantasy racing, I prefer a Kart game.

You might want to try Blur, I've heard that it's a Mario Kart type game with real cars.

or was it Split/Secound. You might like those...

-rick

I do like Forza/GT games... but i like Burnout/Need for Speed/Test Drive games more.

I'm still waithing for a new Road Rash game!!!

There's no right and wrong in issue of such subjectivity, but there's an answer for someone who questions how somebody else could not like Burnout. If I want fantasy racing, I prefer a Kart game.

You might want to try Blur, I've heard that it's a Mario Kart type game with real cars.

or was it Split/Secound. You might like those...

-rick

I do like Forza/GT games... but i like Burnout/Need for Speed/Test Drive games more.

I'm still waithing for a new Road Rash game!!!

That would be Blur, its mario kart mixed with PGR. its quite a fun game online and in single player. You are not the only one that's wanting a updated Road Rash game. i only hope they can make it as fun as what RR2 was that is if they ever do.

The lack of car customization has kind of killed this game for me. I think its a great game no doubt, but after getting all the achievements and also acquiring the highest rank for both cops and racers, there is absolutely nothing left for me to do. I guess I can go in and beat the race times of my friends on autolog, but I have no motivation to do so because you get nothing for it other than bragging rights. Seriously, your bounty caps at 2,000,000 where it then freezes at that amount. So, take the online matches for instance; the main reason to do well in the online events is to gain a bounty bonus, the best players earn the most bounty. Well, since my bounty is frozen at 2,000,000...what's the motivation to play again? Even if I could go in and fiddle with my cars' ride height, or tweak the steering responsiveness to my liking, that would be a huge reason for me to keep playing this game.

It's a catch 22, the game was so much fun and addictive that I played it every free moment I had until I completed it. But that act has ended my motivation to play anymore. I guess I'll just hope for some new modes and cars in upcoming DLC.

The lack of car customization has kind of killed this game for me. I think its a great game no doubt, but after getting all the achievements and also acquiring the highest rank for both cops and racers, there is absolutely nothing left for me to do. I guess I can go in and beat the race times of my friends on autolog, but I have no motivation to do so because you get nothing for it other than bragging rights. Seriously, your bounty caps at 2,000,000 where it then freezes at that amount. So, take the online matches for instance; the main reason to do well in the online events is to gain a bounty bonus, the best players earn the most bounty. Well, since my bounty is frozen at 2,000,000...what's the motivation to play again? Even if I could go in and fiddle with my cars' ride height, or tweak the steering responsiveness to my liking, that would be a huge reason for me to keep playing this game.

It's a catch 22, the game was so much fun and addictive that I played it every free moment I had until I completed it. But that act has ended my motivation to play anymore. I guess I'll just hope for some new modes and cars in upcoming DLC.

did you get gold medals in all the police and the race events...

on the first hot pursuit if you did such it unlocked even more races which unlocked even more races.....try playing 100% if you havnt already....

I might have had more time to race but it immediately asked me to put in my online code and then I was forced to sit through a #(@*#&$ advertisement for NFS Shift 2. After that it explained their new facebook app. Oops I mean Autolog in detail and then of course it had to explain everything else once before I could actually do a race. That was a bit annoying since I just wanted to hop in a car but at least the explanations were a one time thing. The advertisement was a one time thing but it still pisses me off. I assumed it was the intro to this game, not an advertisement for another game. Bastards.

Waitaminute...

Are you saying that you bought a $60 game and like the trailers on a DVD you had to sit through an ad for another one of their games before you could do anything?

WTF!?!

Hex.

[ Remembers a few of the launch XBox 1 titles had demos and trailers on them, but you weren't forced to watch them... ]

Waitaminute...

Are you saying that you bought a $60 game and like the trailers on a DVD you had to sit through an ad for another one of their games before you could do anything?

WTF!?!

Hex.

[ Remembers a few of the launch XBox 1 titles had demos and trailers on them, but you weren't forced to watch them... ]

Yep that's exactly what I'm saying.

Waitaminute...

WTF!?!

Hex.

It only happens once, though. Yes, it can be annoying, though I actually found it interesting since it was for another game in the same series, not for some other game or for some other random product entirely.

And even then, the ad can be skipped once it starts, if memory serves.

Waitaminute...

WTF!?!

Hex.

It only happens once, though. Yes, it can be annoying, though I actually found it interesting since it was for another game in the same series, not for some other game or for some other random product entirely.

When does the ad come up? I didn't really get what HammR25 said. Is it when you go online to race? or is it offline when it happens?

Waitaminute...

WTF!?!

Hex.

When does the ad come up? I didn't really get what HammR25 said. Is it when you go online to race? or is it offline when it happens?

Ok, here's what happens, and it's very insignificant. You put in your 'online pass' key that comes with the game, then a commercial for NFS Shift 2 comes on. This happens once and only ONCE. I actually forgot about it until someone brought it up in this thread. A lot of stink is being made about virtually nothing.

Ok, here's what happens, and it's very insignificant. You put in your 'online pass' key that comes with the game, then a commercial for NFS Shift 2 comes on. This happens once and only ONCE. I actually forgot about it until someone brought it up in this thread. A lot of stink is being made about virtually nothing.

Gotcha. I agree its not that big of a deal especially since its just NFS shift 2 and ONLY that. Its still borderline though especially when you read about such stuff. We've become so accustomed to ads that its almost acceptable that it sits with us at the dinner table.

Its become pretty retarded the last few years with WipeoutHD and a few other games so people these days can be really testy about the subject. I don't blame em'.

(I'm one of them of course)

Not only is this a not-so-cleverly disguised Burnout game (heck, the first achievement I earned was named "Burnout"), this is pretty much Burnout 3: Takedown remixed for the NfS series.

And you know what? That's okay by me.

As good as Burnout Paradise is, Burnout 3 remains the pinnacle of the series, just because of how plain fun it was. B3 was arcade racing anarchy at its absolute, comedic, violent best. While later entries in the Burnout series had their highlights, they just never got the adrenaline flowing like B3 could.

So take B3, add cops, swap "Road Rages" for police "Hot Pursuits," replace the fictional cars with their real-life counterparts, make the driving and handling slightly more real, and throw in optional free-range driving not unlike Burnout Paradise. Then give the whole thing a next-generation, high definition polish. Bam, you have the new Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. True, the "Crash Junctions" and exploding tanker trucks sadly remain missing, but the road blocks, portable spike strips (for the cops and the racers!) and the beautiful scenery that is Seacrest County will more than satisfy any lingering yearning for Burnout.

For those hoping for a more NfS-y Need for Speed, the next entry is already in the works. There's even a trailer for it on the NfS:HP disc.

Then I tried the demo for NFS Hot Pursuit and it seems a heck of a lot more Burnout Revenge-ish. So, for me this is a good thing. I am considering getting Hot Pursuit for this reason but I would like to ask those who like the Burnout comparison and those who dislike it to tell me, if I want a Burnout Revenge experience, is this close?

Burnout 3 was so much better than Burnout Revenge. I think you'll like Hot Pursuit even better than BR, but of course that's just my opinion.

You sold me. Burnout 3 is the best Burnout game IMO (I still play it on a regular basis). Hell, I want to get a racing cabinet, gut it, throw a ps2 in there, mod the cabinet to work on the ps2, just to play Burnout 3 in a sit down arcade. So if that is the case, this is a must get for me.