IGNORED

Puzzle games for X-Box 360

atari2600land

I'd like to get a new X-Box 360 game, but there doesn't seem to be much besides war sims. Specifically, I'm looking for a new puzzle game for my 360, and all I have now is Tetris and Sonic's Genesis Collection (which has a few puzzle games on it, like Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine and Columns.) So, are there any others besides the ones I mentioned?

Check out, Jewel Quest, Puzzle Quest, Gyromancer, Braid, Portal, N+, Marble Blast Ultra, Axle & Pixel and Hexic or Hexic 2 all personal favorites.

This is a small sample of the puzzle games available. There are a ton of great puzzle games on the 360 (and you can probably try most of them out for free)

Here's some more....

http://www.gamepro.com/xbox360/genre/puzzle/1/xbox360/

Believe it or not I can name others not mentioned in that article.....

So to answer your question... "yes", there are many, many puzzle games besides the two you mentioned.

The glut of war sims might be in your head. ;)

If you dont have internet access at home you may be severely limited in selection. Most are on XBL.

You can still pick up some pretty good puzzle games on DISC though. Popcap I think has a compilation but I think that may be the only one out there!

There's some cool puzzle-like games too like Culdcept (board\card game) and I think Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection may also have some stuff on there.

Most of these seem to be for X-Box Live Arcade, which I don't have.

Not sure I follow, you mean you don't have an internet connection at your house?

If that is what you mean, then can you take your Xbox to someone else's house and hook it to their modem/router long enough to download some puzzle games?

Shouldn't take more than around 5 minutes and most are pretty cheap. $5-$10

If you cannot do this, or refuse to buy DLC then your choices are going to be limited on the 360.

Here are some disks with puzzle games on them:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XRHZ30?ie=UTF8&tag=atariage&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000XRHZ30

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000G5R8JA?ie=UTF8&tag=atariage&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000G5R8JA

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00242KDH2?ie=UTF8&tag=atariage&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00242KDH2

Xbox Live Silver accounts are free. They allow you to access the Xbox Live store and the video store (called Zune but doesn't really have anything to do with the Zune). You just won't be able to play multiplayer online or use any of the other services that come with having a gold account like Netflix.

They're not Xbox 360 titles, but you have some options it looks like with original disc based Xbox games that the 360 is backwards compatible with. And if you don't have the latest emulation profiles and your 360 is offline, I believe they can be downloaded and burned to cd-r or dvd-r on a PC and installed via disc.

Namco Museum (Includes Pac-Attack)

Puyo Puyo Fever

Super Bubble Pop

Super Monkey Ball Deluxe ( I never thought of it as a puzzle game, but I see Marble Blast Ultra listed above as one, which has many similarities)

Tecmo Classic Arcade (Includes the arcade version of Solomon's Key, only works at 480i/p though)

Tetris Worlds

Ultra Bust-A-Move

Edited by Atariboy

Is the XBL service free, or do I use a credit card or something to pay for it?

I wouldn't tie a credit card to your account. It's a pain in the ass to delete. Better to just hit Wal-Mart or Amazon and snag a Points Card. The 1600 points card are around $20 the 4000 point cards are around $50 You use points to buy the games off Live.

Basically 400 points = $5

Most games are 400, 800 or 1200 points each to purchase.

• 2 weeks later...

If you managed to get hooked up online, Meteos is fun. I don't feel it's as good as the DS version (for several reasons), but it's still addicting. Luminess is also a personal favorite of mine, and Every Extend Extra is a nice puzzle-action-shooter-whatever hybrid. All of those are XBLA.

Is the XBL service free, or do I use a credit card or something to pay for it?

I wouldn't tie a credit card to your account. It's a pain in the ass to delete. Better to just hit Wal-Mart or Amazon and snag a Points Card. The 1600 points card are around $20 the 4000 point cards are around $50 You use points to buy the games off Live.

Basically 400 points = $5

Most games are 400, 800 or 1200 points each to purchase.

It is? I removed mine when I punched in a points card six months ago in one minute. :ponder:

It is? I removed mine when I punched in a points card six months ago in one minute. :ponder:

It is...yes.

I've punch in at least two dozen points cards and that has nothing to do with removing a credit card card tied to your gamertag.

Fact is I've called MS support and told them I wanted my credit card removed from my gamertag and the only way it was going to happen is if my current Live subscription expired and I didn't renew using said credit card card. Did you maybe sign up for Live with a credit card and then when your original Live Gold term ended not renew? Points cards have nothing to do with credit cards is why I ask.

Fact is I've called MS support and told them I wanted my credit card removed from my gamertag and the only way it was going to happen is if my current Live subscription expired and I didn't renew using said credit card card. Did you maybe sign up for Live with a credit card and then when your original Live Gold term ended not renew? Points cards have nothing to do with credit cards is why I ask.

It's not that hard anymore. Click the following link, select Edit Payment options and remove the credit card account:

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/account?xr=shellnav

It's not that hard anymore. Click the following link, select Edit Payment options and remove the credit card account:

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/account?xr=shellnav

Yep I tried that link, only thing is it doesn't work if your Gold Live is tied to the card. That's why I had to call them to find out why I couldn't remove it via their quick and easy online method and they explained I could only Edit that part if my Live Gold membership tied to the credit card was expired.They told me to wait 2 months for that to happen, at which point I was able to Edit it and remove it, then I renewed my Gold Membership with a card purchased from Amazon and to this day use points cards to purchase points. Why they couldn't just manually remove it for me is beyond me. I know I'll never tie a credit card to my account again. I didn't particularity want to wait 2 months.

It is...yes.

I've punch in at least two dozen points cards and that has nothing to do with removing a credit card card tied to your gamertag.

Well, I just checked....my CC info is still tied to my account, but it's NOT set to auto renew. Since I had used a prepaid XBox Live account card and that doesn't expire till June of 2012, I'm not worried about it. I still use that CC to buy points anyway -- I was just talking about my XBox Live Gold account. Sorry if that was confusing and I didn't explain clearly enough.

(I took advantage of a sale that Newegg was having a while back, something like 20 percent savings on a year membership card for XBox Live Gold so I bought two and entered both.)

Edited by SoulBlazer

I still use that CC to buy points anyway

Yep that is exactly how my card got tied to my gamertag, buying points on Live.

Just curious, can you currently go on the Live site and remove your card from your account?

Here's the directions:

http://www.theaveragegamer.com/2009/02/07/remove-your-credit-card-details-from-xbox-live-online/

I was one who would always get the message...

“This payment option cannot be removed at this time. Please contact Xbox LIVE Customer Support.”

I also have always used the pre-paid Gold cards since they have always been pretty cheap on Amazon that why it was confusing to me that i would have to wait for my Gold membership to expire. It wasn't like I bought the membership with the credit card, just points. I think you should be able to add or remove a credit card from your account whenever you feel like it. I'm avoiding adding one to my gamertag in the future.

I still use that CC to buy points anyway

Yep that is exactly how my card got tied to my gamertag, buying points on Live.

Just curious, can you currently go on the Live site and remove your card from your account?

Here's the directions:

http://www.theaveragegamer.com/2009/02/07/remove-your-credit-card-details-from-xbox-live-online/

I was one who would always get the message...

“This payment option cannot be removed at this time. Please contact Xbox LIVE Customer Support.”

I also have always used the pre-paid Gold cards since they have always been pretty cheap on Amazon that why it was confusing to me that i would have to wait for my Gold membership to expire. It wasn't like I bought the membership with the credit card, just points. I think you should be able to add or remove a credit card from your account whenever you feel like it. I'm avoiding adding one to my gamertag in the future.

Well, curious.....

First of all, the info on that page is out of date. The links amd menus have totally changed.

I did mange to find the option to remove my CC currently attached to my account, but when I tried to remove it I was told I could not at this time.

Digging around, I think I found out why.

In the spring I had let them charge the card for a three month period of XBox Live Gold. Soon after, I saw the sale on NewEgg and went and bought a prepaid one year XBox Live gold card. I then entered that. It looks like that both of those transactions got 'merged' and therefore my CC is still associated with that chunk of time until it expires in the summer of 2011.

However, the address on the CC is out of date -- no one can charge anything on it unless I change the info myself. I can't -- I tried to buy points with it (I had been using points stocked up) and certinaly MS can't.

If it was a big deal to me I'd call Xbox Live Support and ask that it be removed, but since no one can use it, I'm not going to bother.

The option IS there to remove the card, though. I'm just thinking in my case it's a minor bug due to how I did my account.

I have two credit cards linked to my account that I've wanted to remove for a while now.

One is a card I no longer use that was required when I originally joined (You couldn't join XBL during the Xbox 1 days without tieing a credit card to your account) and a second one that I had to enter to buy some Xbox 1 content before the shutdown this past April (Couldn't use a points card for that).

It let me remove one just now, but the second one (Which expired in August) won't delete and gives me the same error message others have posted in here ("This payment option cannot be removed at this time. Go to the Payment method information page to view services associated with this payment option.")?

I'm stuck waiting for my gold membership to expire for two months to be able to remove it? The only service showing up as enabled rather then cancelled at the payment method information page is a prepaid 12 months Live card, so it's not associated with something like a XBL subscription paid for by the card.

Edited by Atariboy

So that's three people on AA who have tried to use MS's convenient credit card removal process and failed. I think it's safe to say it's not a bug in how we are doing our accounts. I'm was in the same boat as Atariboy, I've never used a credit card to buy a Gold membership, only points, yet I got the same error. (Yes when that Gold membership expires you should be able to remove the card Atariboy)

The way I see it, you have a current Gold Live account and a credit card attached to the gamertag for whatever reason, you'll have to jump through hoops to remove it, for current Gold members that online link seems to be worthless if you ask me.

The reason I don't like that is I have had people use credit cards that were expired and make charges! I called my bank last year because some strange charge was on my credit card. Turns out whoever made the charge was using an old card number from the same bank I hadn't had or used for about 4 years!! Not unlike this situation, The bank said that old card was tied to my new card. How could it possibly be good is beyond me. The card numbers weren't even the same. I asked them to "un-tie" it and they said they couldn't !! WTF!!?? Don't ask me why it's so hard to get a credit card disassociated with something.

Wasn't having a credit card tied to your account mandatory in order to have an account? I thought this is how it used to be anyway. I could be wrong though.

No not that I recall.

In the early days as is now, you could add one if you wanted to buy points or renew Gold from your dash with the click of a button, but you always had the option to buy points cards or membership cards. In fact the first year you used to be able to buy whole kits with membership cards, a headset, points, a free arcade game and coupons for retail games.