IGNORED

Taking screenshots

badbrad

i dont think its possible to take screenshots in stellax (well not directly) it used to be f12 in the dos version but it doesnt seem to work for stellax.

pcaewin works fine under xp don't know why people have had problems with it. in pcaewin there is a menu option which says "save screenshot"

for z26 which also works under windows xp simply press the = key to take screenshots

another method which works for most emulators and games in general is the printscreen key, simply press the printscreen key when the game is running (fullscreen is best) then load up a program like paint shop pro or even ms paint and go to edit > paste and theres your screenshot! course if you want to take several screenshots of one game this way isnt the best but if you do get emulators with no built in screenshot support its a good method

Okay, I use Stella X!

How do you take screenshots with it? I've tried, maybe it's just way too obvious. :?

Press F12 to take screenshots in StellaX. You can press F12 to take repeated screenshots, and it makes sure the filenames are unique. You should end up with PCX files in the same directory that StellaX is located in.

..Al

ok, this is getting stupid in a hurry.

F12 does nothing in StellaX (xp)

I can't seem to get the joystick to work in Z26

Pressing PrintScreen in StellaX gives me a black nothing when I paste.

I think I'll just have to hook up a video capture card and run my atari through there. :|

Brad

no f12 does nothing for me in stellax either under xp, the printscreen key should work for you though...not sure why it wouldn't work for you...

as for the joystick problem with z26 which joystick do you have?

you are probably best off usin pcae which should should solve all screenshot and joystick problems that you have, personally i wouldn't use anything other than z26 as it is the best 2600 emulator by a long long way

sidewinders arent "normal" joysticks and are definitly not dos friendly, still if you want to play games with a joystick stick to stella but if you want to take screenshots use z26. there are also programs that capture joystick movements and translate them to keyboard commands, im ok as the software comes with my gravis xterminator but you would have to look for another one and im afraid i cant remember the name