IGNORED

New Pinballz Arcade in Austin - Looking for Full-Time Staff

Albert

MUHAHAHA! Disinformation mission: complete! I could have sworn you did a stint in Portland for a while, though. :ponder: Then again, I am highly medicated on Nyquil currently, so it is likely I am mixing you up with another Atari guru I know... :D

Hmmmm, I do know a local guy in the hobby. His name is Trebla and he looks a lot like Al, but has a little beard; could be who you were thinking of.....

The crowd on Saturday night looked pretty good for a place that hasn't had any official advertisement. I'm plugging you guys like mad with friends and acquaintances. I will try to drop in tomorrow (I'm off work). Every time I stop in you guys have new cabs up and running. Awesome.

Are you going to take any requests on newer equipment. I realize you guys have some other things that are slowly making their way to the floor. Any teaser lists?

Please tell me there will be an AA store front where you try try out homebrews on a real system, pick up stuff like PCB's, or stickers for printing cartridge labels, etc. That would rock.

I'd be interested to hear about this as well. The arcade sounds great, hopefully I'll be visiting it in January. :)

Please tell me there will be an AA store front where you try try out homebrews on a real system, pick up stuff like PCB's, or stickers for printing cartridge labels, etc. That would rock.

Not yet, but that would be interesting. RIght now we have our work cut out for us in getting all the games up and running, as well as getting other aspects of the business going (such as memberships, the party rooms, Mikki's Cafe, and more). I do agree that having classic consoles and games available to try and for sale would be fun. :)

..Al

The crowd on Saturday night looked pretty good for a place that hasn't had any official advertisement. I'm plugging you guys like mad with friends and acquaintances. I will try to drop in tomorrow (I'm off work). Every time I stop in you guys have new cabs up and running. Awesome.

Are you going to take any requests on newer equipment. I realize you guys have some other things that are slowly making their way to the floor. Any teaser lists?

Yes, if you have any requests please pass them along! In the past two weeks we've added the following games to the floor:

• Tempest
  • Black Widow
  • Major Havoc
  • Make Trax
  • Narc
  • Missile Command
  • Xybots
  • Xenophobe
  • Xybots
  • Vindicators
  • Mouse Trap
  • Guns and Roses (pin)
  • Black Hole (pin)
  • Road Show (pin)

Some games coming soon:

• Tournament Cyberball (four player)
  • Gyruss
  • Asteroids
  • Stargate
  • World Cup Soccer (pin)
  • Spiderman (pin)
  • Shrek (pin)
  • Big Buck Hunter (pin)
  • Gauntlet II
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  • Guitar Hero

For starters. :) And last night we got Maximum Force up and running (another Atari cabinet).

..Al

Not yet, but that would be interesting. RIght now we have our work cut out for us in getting all the games up and running, as well as getting other aspects of the business going (such as memberships, the party rooms, Mikki's Cafe, and more). I do agree that having classic consoles and games available to try and for sale would be fun. :)

..Al

I know that Ground Kontrol has classic games for sale and runs some kind of promotions around retro console gaming, but to be honest, I was in hyperactive five-year-old mode from the minute I got in the door, so the details are hazy. **Checks their site real quick** Good news, it looks like your venture stands a good chance of success in the current market as apparently Ground Kontrol has been succesful enough to be able to capitalize a complete remodel of their building. As of the 1st they have moved to a temporary location across the street while they revamp everything inside, including adding food to facilitate full liquor service. The PRGE after-parties just got one notch crazier.......

Holy hell I wished I was still in San Antonio. I would totally come over there for a day of gaming. Bride of Pinbot, Black Rose, Funhouse, Attack From Mars, Medieval Madness, Terminator 2... amazing lineup. :D

EDIT: I just seen you added Xybots and Black Hole.

Xybots is amazing, I regret selling it. Black Hole is one of my favorite pinballs of all time. That second playfield, and multi level multiball is just amazing.

Any pics of the inside of your place? That would be awesome.

Wish I could live out there and work for you. But some place like that isn't going to pay me enough. Wish I could at least do it part time.

Your machines operate on quarters? If tokens, I was going to say maybe some AA'ers would like to buy a few tokens for their collections.

There's some good pics here thanks to Redline9 of the Racketboy forums:

http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=337045#p337045

He continues on the next page so check those out too! Things have changed a bit from what I can gather from people's posts, and Al has promised even greater developments, but even in these early stages it's looking fantastic.

Edited by mugenmidget

Holy hell I wished I was still in San Antonio. I would totally come over there for a day of gaming. Bride of Pinbot, Black Rose, Funhouse, Attack From Mars, Medieval Madness, Terminator 2... amazing lineup. :D

EDIT: I just seen you added Xybots and Black Hole.

Xybots is amazing, I regret selling it. Black Hole is one of my favorite pinballs of all time. That second playfield, and multi level multiball is just amazing.

The Xybots in the arcade is mine, along with several other vids (such as Tempest, Major Havoc, and Black Widow). The Black Hole we just got in the arcade a week ago, and we have to fix one problem with it before it's ready for play (a bad coil, hopefully we can replace it tomorrow morning). Looking forward to playing it myself. :)

..Al

Any pics of the inside of your place? That would be awesome.

I need to spend some time taking some nice pictures.

Your machines operate on quarters? If tokens, I was going to say maybe some AA'ers would like to buy a few tokens for their collections.

We are only running on quarters at the moment, but we should have tokens within the next few weeks. Our coin mechs operate with both tokens and quarters. I'll post pictures of the tokens as soon as they arrive.

..Al

This all looks really cool. Might be in town for SXSW in March, you guys going to do anything special?

Al and I lived together for Portland for a very short time about a year ago! :D

Looking forward to the pictures. Congrats, Al! It looks just awesome.

I took a brief weekend trip to Austin to visit some friends, and I just couldn't have left without dropping in at Pinballz to check it out and play some games. While I was there I had the pleasure of meeting Al in person, and even played his Tempest (though it kicked my tail a number of times, lol). If you're in the Austin, TX area you owe it to yourself to stop by and have some good ol' arcade fun. The place is awesome. MUCH bigger than I expected it to be, with tons of classics to play, both video and pinball. The world surely needs more places like this.

Thanks again Al, and hope to come back soon! :D

post-16393-129248130185_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, if you have any requests please pass them along! In the past two weeks we've added the following games to the floor:

• Tempest
  • Black Widow
  • Major Havoc
  • Make Trax
  • Narc
  • Missile Command
  • Xybots
  • Xenophobe
  • Xybots
  • Vindicators
  • Mouse Trap
  • Guns and Roses (pin)
  • Black Hole (pin)
  • Road Show (pin)

Some games coming soon:

• Tournament Cyberball (four player)
  • Gyruss
  • Asteroids
  • Stargate
  • World Cup Soccer (pin)
  • Spiderman (pin)
  • Shrek (pin)
  • Big Buck Hunter (pin)
  • Gauntlet II
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  • Guitar Hero

For starters. :) And last night we got Maximum Force up and running (another Atari cabinet).

..Al

SINISTAR

• 2 weeks later...

Plane Tickets Purchased!

Hotel Reservations Made!

(Both are non-refundable, so come hell or high water....)

JANUARY 24TH TO JANUARY 28TH

CEBUS CAPUCINIS.

PINBALLZ.

ATARIAGE WINE SNOB CLUB.

I will be there! :thumbsup:

If anyone wants to become a Wine Snob Club member and can come to Austin, let's hang out! Pictures, beer, wine, all sorts of great times! :)

The CTX Racketboy meet up is almost here (1/16) and we will definitely be stopping by afterward.

If anyone is interested in attending, click here. Our meet up will be Dreamcast themed! The plan is to meet and game from noon to 6pm at the Game Over Videogames Lamar location and move on to other activities from there.

Edited by wip3outguy7

• 2 weeks later...

Our Racketboy Dreamcast meet was a success. We had 14 show and most of us made it over to Pinballz afterward. The arcade was hopping - lots of customers! Glad you guys are getting the much deserved business. My name is now in the Virtual On set (2 player side, not sure if it matters) for 14 wins. I think I could have gone further but people stopped challenging and Jaguarandi put an end to my fun.

• Like 2