IGNORED

Boulder Dash on XBL

cimerians

I don't mind these updates to classic 80's games (also see Lode Runner) but hows about including the original game with the $10+ purchase?

I agree. That would be awesome...Clearly we are asking too much.

:lolblue: I agree Lord Helmet! I mean those old games do take up a lot of space and just imagine how many minutes it would take to integrate into the new version. It is a lot to ask!! ;)

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well first impressions are good....

the new mode is great fun and start easy but gets a lot more complicated.

The retro is good but it seems like they have put a slight 3d effect on the image with is a pity. They have removed the sound and that is my main gripe as I loved the original sound on the atari 800xl...and i forgot how difficult it was ...

having said all of the above this is a retro package that is so worth getting.....

Well first impressions are good....

the new mode is great fun and start easy but gets a lot more complicated.

The retro is good but it seems like they have put a slight 3d effect on the image with is a pity. They have removed the sound and that is my main gripe as I loved the original sound on the atari 800xl...and i forgot how difficult it was ...

having said all of the above this is a retro package that is so worth getting.....

I agree with everything you say. I still bought it though because the other modes on there do NOT have a timer making the game a lot more relaxing and fun. Yeah the 3D effect on the classic game is a bummer. I would have preferred just the original game.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but a couple of retro games that I'd really like to see remade are Jumpman, Oil's Well, and Shamus. I spent hours and hours and hours playing all three on my Atari800.

Mendon

Oh yeah Jumpman deserves a re-release and Oil's Well was my favorite Pac-Man clone. (If you can really call it that). Although the precise joystick movements may be hard to emulate on today's controllers.

I also used to play this Jumpman game called Ultimate Wizard on th C64 which was good.....and of course my lifelong dream to see a great remake or re-release is:

Montezuma's Revenge and H.E.R.O!!! :lust:

• 10 months later...

anyone have this title? it's on sale for 50% off at 400 Microsoft points. I loved playing this on my Atari 1200XL back in the day. how is this version?

http://marketplace.x...15-d80258410af1

I think its worth it for 400 points. It's been a long while since I played it but if I recall I had fun with it because they have a variety of modes you can play in (like a relaxed mode with no timer or a puzzle mode). There are a ton of levels (or caves) too.

I found this review really good\accurate:

http://www.gamingnex...L/Item3148.aspx

It may not beat the original but I think they did a good job.

Edited by cimerians