IGNORED

Philly Classic 4 tournament suggestions

Xot

Looks like I'll be in charge of running the PC-sponsored tourneys this year, so I'd like to get suggestions from as many as are interested. Games, systems, rules, you name it. If you've got a thought I want to hear it!

So far, we're considering -

Dr. Mario - 4 player - N64

Pokemon Puzzle League - N64

Warlords - 2600

Outlaw - 2600

Surround or Warring Worms - 2600

Mr. Do! - 5 minute Score Challenege - Colecovision

If anyone's got one they want to let us borrow, I will GLADLY do the Nintendo World Cup contest again. I agree that was one of the best tournaments at PC 2001.

Actually, how would people feel about playing this emulated?

• 3 weeks later...

I had an interesting thought today and if anyone has an opinion I'd like to hear it. What about a contest to see who can beat Dr. Robotink in Sonic 1 in the quickest time? I'd love to see someone do it in under a minute.

I had an interesting thought today and if anyone has an opinion I'd like to hear it. What about a contest to see who can beat Dr. Robotink in Sonic 1 in the quickest time? I'd love to see someone do it in under a minute.

That's got to be physically impossible without cheating UNLESS you only mean beating the FIRST Robotnik at the end of Green Hill 3. Then, maybe. Still tough to clear 1, 2, and 3 all in an average of 20 seconds or less though. Considering how many spikes and chasms there are to clear in 3 and how many times you have to hit Robotnik to beat him, it might actually have to be more like 18 18 24.

That's got to be physically impossible without cheating UNLESS you only mean beating the FIRST Robotnik at the end of Green Hill 3.  Then, maybe.  Still tough to clear 1, 2, and 3 all in an average of 20 seconds or less though.  Considering how many spikes and chasms there are to clear in 3 and how many times you have to hit Robotnik to beat him, it might actually have to be more like 18 18 24.

No, what I actually meant was using the Up-Down-Left-Right cheat to wawrp to the Final Zone and beat JUST the last Robotnik (the one in the cylinders). I haven't done it, but with perfect luck, I think a minute CAN be done.