IGNORED

Yurkie's ColecoVision Mods RGB, VGA and HDMI May 2018

Yurkie

• 4 weeks later...

System sold to kennyk. Thanks.

I will be listing a set of refurbished black controllers with ball knobs and straightened cords tomorrow for $60 + shipping. Send me a PM if your interested.

Edited by Yurkie

Hello Yurkie,

I have spent a better part of my working day with reading about your awesome modifications to both the ColecoVision and its controllers.

It all sounds like very welcome (and in some cases much needed!) mods for this aging system.

As it goes while reading forums, you click through several threads and while doing so I finally came here.

Now do I understand it correctly that you sell refurbished/modded complete systems that include all of the wonderful mods you can do?

Do you know if its possible to mod a European ColecoVision (distributed here by CBS)?

I know that for the games it doesn't really matter because both NTSC and PAL games can be used on my system.

But of course our power outlets are different (we use 220V instead of your 110V).

Maybe the other way around is easier, if you'd mod a Coleco CV and use it on the European powergrid, I think this should be possible using a convertor plug between the power cable and the socket.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Would you ship one of your modded systems abroad to The Netherlands?

If so, could you give an estimate on shipping cost?

Lots of questions I'm aware, but I'd be grateful for your answers (if you can give them).

Cheers.

Edited by ColecoEric

I am now too a very happy owner of a Coleco console completely cleaned and modded by Yurkie.

The console works very well and it looks great, all shiny and with the US Coleco frontsticker (I'm used to having a CBS version until now).

For future interested persons who live in The Netherlands, I can confirm that most modern television sets can display the NTSC standard without problem (see the pictures).

And our powersupply works also very well with the American console.

Yurkie has been a very friendly seller to me, helpful and he deserves the compliments for the work he does in restoring our beloved ColecoVision.

His handling of the entire process (answering questions, sending updates about progress etcetera) have been top notch.

I'd do new business with him any day. Kudos Yurkie :)!

post-31776-0-52128500-1328221065_thumb.jpg post-31776-0-28369300-1328221070_thumb.jpg

By the way, the game I used for my testing is of course Pepper II. Next to Lady Bug and Jumpman Jr, this is one of my favorite games..

Edited by ColecoEric

• 2 weeks later...

Just posting a huge THANK YOU to Yurkie for an amazing ColecoVision system. It arrived very well packaged and very clean. The modifications are incredible and everything works perfectly. I highly recommend the purchase of Yurkie's ColecoVision refurbished and modified systems.

Edited by Trebor