IGNORED

Beginners' Guide to the High Score Club ("HSC")

therealbountybob

2 hours ago, CapitanClassic said:

It definitely feels that way to me most of the time. ;) The a800 HSC has some serious competition.

Going to try to post scores this season for the 800 and 2600 HSC. I plan on posting a score each week. (Looks like I almost missed out on Nibbler.)

Wow, haven’t posted many scores for about 7 seasons.

Would be good to have you back on board CC :thumbsup:

In the end I went for Low Score Club as the promotion!

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking as a not-so-regular HSC "competitor", the whole point is to enjoy playing the game with other Atari 8-bit fans (was gonna use owners but some of us no longer own an Atari). Whether I win or not, I look forward to playing the game(s) in the current round along with others, maybe discover some new/old games that I enjoy and maybe post my best scores now and then.

Otherwise, I could go about playing games of my choice, on my own, at my own schedule, without participating in the HSC and try to have fun alone.

Another thing about participating in the HSC is that you get all sorts of tips on improving your game from fellow Atari players for the game being played, and sometimes pointers to the "best available" fixes or copies of the games.

Edited by pusakat
Added another reason
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

It's my first season and the HSC is a great chance to focus on the old games. Thanks for that possibility!

Will there be a new poll for round 3 with complete new games or will the second place of the last poll (The Tail of Beta Lyrae) get the game of round 3?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MichaG said:

It's my first season and the HSC is a great chance to focus on the old games. Thanks for that possibility!

Will there be a new poll for round 3 with complete new games or will the second place of the last poll (The Tail of Beta Lyrae) get the game of round 3?

Welcome again MichaG and the other new players this season :thumbsup:

There will be a new poll (soon today) with most of the runner up games plus some new choices :)

• Thanks 1