IGNORED

BASIC on CART Contest (BoCC)

Opry99er

I'm always amazed by the fact that PCs die, freeze, get viruses, and generally suck over time. My TI is 30 years old and turns on and runs every time, no issues, no problems...

Ignoring the issues of complexity, not to mention cheap parts and the like... if your PC reverted to factory settings every time you powered it off, it wouldn't have 90% of the problems it has. This was a strong benefit of ROM-based machines. A bit of a weakness, too, since you couldn't easily upgrade them, but neither could malicious software. ;)

Nice to see the video, thank you for the credit there!

Can't wait till these are all out in people's hands. I'm really happy with the group effort to figure out the tricks we put into those carts (especially killing FCTN-4, hehe ;) )

I'm excited as well... I'll be making a few of these carts... for Adam, Bill Gaskill, and the like... I will leave it up to Adam to determine how he wants to distribute the game further than the previously-stated carts I will be building. I'm sure there will be some interest in this game, especially in cartridge format.

We're all fortunate to be a part of such a talented and friendly community. You guys are the engine that drives us, and I'm especially proud of the programming efforts here at Atariage. You may not realize it, but this forum has put out more TI games/programs in a year and a half than the whole community combined in the last 10. Something to think about. =)

I'm making a big BOCC video and doing a write-up for RTM for March... All the games will be discussed and shown, but Aperture is getting some special attention... You guys will be famous. =) hehe.

March issue is out and your article isn't there. I'm so sad. :(

But the new format is so unreadable... So, I guess it's okay.

Edited by unhuman

Well, it's my bad... I had so many irons in the fire at once that some things had to be neglected... In this case, I had to get taxes done, had to get Aperture on cart, work with Filip (a little bit) on his SPECTRA project, Spring Cleaning around the house, deal with work-related issues.... Needless to say this has been one insane month. I told Bryan at the magazine that I would have an article to him this month, but couldn't do it. It's sad, and I hate it... but this will have to wait til next month... the article that is.

In the meantime, we have tested Aperture on a REAL TI and it works beautifully. I am having several EPROMs burned as we speak and should be able to have the boards ready to go by mid-month. I had planned to design a label for them, but that will probably have to be bypassed now too. At this pace, Beryl won't ever get finished.

Anyway, I am making progress on getting the carts made up so that we can call the contest "closed." In the meantime I hope you guys keep rockin' here at Atariage... I might be MIA for a few days getting affairs in order around here. =)

Anyway, I am making progress on getting the carts made up so that we can call the contest "closed." In the meantime I hope you guys keep rockin' here at Atariage... I might be MIA for a few days getting affairs in order around here. =)

Hurry back!

Are you documenting the cartridge-making steps? Might be fun for me to make my own cart of my own game. Of course, that's all theory.

The TI BASIC cart making is done via a little tool that I wrote with the header that we sussed out in another thread. But rather than distribute that tool (which has been held back for Owen to finish this contest), I will be doing an enhanced and easier to use one for everyone. :)