IGNORED

HSC Season 3 Week 15: Sprint 2

VectorGamer

Sprint 2

An early two-player black and white driving game with a top-down view of the track. Players could select between about a dozen tracks where oil slicks and other cars opponent or neutral cars could make you lose control. Ratings: Granny, Rookie, Pro. Bonus time extra 30 "seconds" for completing enough laps.

Game Information

Game Name: Sprint 2 [set 1]

Released By: Kee Games, 1976

MAME ROMset: Sprint2

Dip Switches: Tracks on Demo: Easy Track Only; Oil slicks: On; Extended Play: On; Play Time: 150 seconds

Chosen By: LarcenTyler

ROM Location: http://romhustler.net/download/mame/4557

Twin Galaxies MAME World Record: 368

Notes:

Competition ends Sunday, November 21 @ 12PM EST

Leaderboard

1. 238 patbb

2. 220 LarcenTyler

3. 176 rmaerz

4. 150 roadrunner

5. 114 FlyingTurtle

Season Standings

Calculations through week 14

1. patbb 648

2. rmaerz 608

3. roadrunner 462

4. LarcenTyler 231

5. FlyingTurtle 173

6. ClassicGMR 128

7. Dr Galaga 127

8. Zoyx 42

9. HatefulGravey 38

10. homerwannabee 20

11. 4Ks 18

12. Mister VCS 6

Edited by rmaerz

There's an auction right now for a Sprint 2:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3902533151811?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=390253315181&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

And what a sexy cabinet! I love the color scheme, the artwork and the metallic control panel. A perfect design IMHO

I love the game and cabinet too. Looks like the auction game doesn't work. Check out the screen in the two pics!

There's an auction right now for a Sprint 2:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3902533151811?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=390253315181&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

And what a sexy cabinet! I love the color scheme, the artwork and the metallic control panel. A perfect design IMHO

I love the game and cabinet too. Looks like the auction game doesn't work. Check out the screen in the two pics!

Exactly and that's the question I sent to the seller in that the pics he has posted that the playfield isn't being displayed. His response was that it was working. I think it's located in CT anyway which I won't drive that for a cabinet...

This game looks like Sprintmaster for the 2600.

And the knuckleheadz decided to use a joystick instead of the driving controller for Sprintmaster...

Over 500 games released for the 2600 and only 1 game uses the driving controller.

I wonder why Atari gave up on the driving controller. :?:

Cuz they're terards...

This game looks like Sprintmaster for the 2600.

And the knuckleheadz decided to use a joystick instead of the driving controller for Sprintmaster...

Over 500 games released for the 2600 and only 1 game uses the driving controller.

I wonder why Atari gave up on the driving controller. :?:

Cuz they're terards...

Speaking of Atari controllers, they should of used the CX-40 for the 5200 and 7800.

Just add another button on it for the games that need 2 buttons.

You should try the track I'm using, the 7th.

I think it a lot easier ... only one oil spill.

I never go faster than 3rd gear.

I always get above 200 points.

Try to get in second position at the first turn, this way you will be able to make several laps before you have to lap the slowest car.

You should try the track I'm using, the 7th.

I think it a lot easier ... only one oil spill.

I never go faster than 3rd gear.

I always get above 200 points.

Try to get in second position at the first turn, this way you will be able to make several laps before you have to lap the slowest car.

LOL - that was my logic...I started playing the one that had only one oil spill...I'll stay in 2nd gear until I enter the turn in the upper right of the screen and stay in 3rd until I enter the first turn off of the straightaway...

I don't like how the other cars are invincible