IGNORED

Jaguar HSC Top-Scores Database

Austin

You are being a back stabber dude and its not cool. making rules up as you go.

Tweaking and fine-tuning all play a part in the process of managing ongoing projects. That includes something like this.

I dont appreciate spending hours playing games to get highscores and you call me a fuckin lying spammer and refuse to put my scores up.

I specifically stated that photos be provided after the lack of them on your Atari Karts post. Instead of agreeing and complying, you went and made another submission (sans-photos) and expected me to sympathise with your stance yet again.

you didnt say it directly but i can read between the lines. you are totally out of line. Whatever go ahead and be on a power trip but its pretty damned laughable. it boils down to you dont want to see my name all over your precious little database huh? :D

You can call it a "power trip" if you would like, but I see it like Laird put it above. Take that however you will.

ive been at atari age since 2003 a hell of a lot longer than you and i was doing the jag hsc longer than you til this point. you are doing a good job but you are being totally disrespectful to me. it aint cool. you should only require photo verification for new members with less than 100 posts or something and we dont have any of those playing here so why dont you just chill the hell out with the photo verify thing.

There are members that have done far more for the gaming community in general that also play in the Jaguar HSC. None of them feel the need to spout off their accomplishments in order to gain attention or make themselves look better in others' eyes. For instance, Gaztee has provided us with some damn-fine boxes (and reproductions); Kgenthe runs a fantastic, professional gaming web site; Hyper_Eye has done quite a bit for the XBOX amongst other things; Laird does JagFest UK amongst other things.

As far as myself, I don't feel it particularly matters how long I have been here, nor am I looking for any kind of acceptance or praise because of what I do in this (very small) HSC. All I am trying to provide here is an even playing field, with solid rules set in stone (that need tweaking here and there). With that, I also have to lay down my fist from time to time, or allow others to abuse what I have put in place. If someone doesn't like that, they can choose to not play.

im a long standing and well liked member in the jag community ask anybody i been around a long time.

Kevin, you also have a history of digging yourself into holes for reasons that are still unbeknownst to most of us here. See: Here. If you would like to do so one more time in this thread, I would appreciate you do it elsewhere.

i dont need photo verify for shit... :roll: you are abusing your little power.

I have no power, but I can pass this up the chain if need be. I really don't want to have it get to that point. It would surely be a waste of their time. :thumbsdown:

• Like 3

Kevin you are being a dick, sorry.

Austin is sticking by the rules that everyone agreed and if he lets one person off then all the other people who take part are going to get pissed off.

I am good friends with Austin and I have been part of this community since 2003, host Jagfest UK and I am a mod on several forums but he still busted my chops when I forgot to post a photo recently. He was right to that and I told him not to count my score, dude seriously just grow up. Its really not that hard to take a crappy photo on your phone, especially when 90% of Jag games save the score anyway.

well then of course you would take austins side since you are his good friend, but hes been a dick to me and by the rules it was supposed to be the honor system here but all of a sudden he is being anal about photos... He asked recently to get the database filled out with highscores so i took it upon myself to get some highscores on there and i get nothing but bullshit from him so thats why im angry. i usually do post photos. its stupid to be so formal, there are not many of us playing in the jag hsc anyway its really not that serious and none of us are pathetic enough to try to cheat because who are we going to impress!? Hardly anyone gives a damn about our scores..

You are being a back stabber dude and its not cool. making rules up as you go.

Tweaking and fine-tuning all play a part in the process of managing ongoing projects. That includes something like this.

you only gave me shit cus you dont like me. Anyone else and you would have just added the scores. But for me you changed the rules AFTER i spent my time playing the games. pretty weak.

I dont appreciate spending hours playing games to get highscores and you call me a fuckin lying spammer and refuse to put my scores up.

I specifically stated that photos be provided after the lack of them on your Atari Karts post. Instead of agreeing and complying, you went and made another submission (sans-photos) and expected me to sympathise with your stance yet again.

I had already played Protector and Breakout 2000 and gotten my highscores before you started claiming i needed photos. By the way maybe you thought im spamming high scores cus my scores in these 2 games were low. Breakout 2000 classic mode in particular is a very low scoring game...

you didnt say it directly but i can read between the lines. you are totally out of line. Whatever go ahead and be on a power trip but its pretty damned laughable. it boils down to you dont want to see my name all over your precious little database huh? :D

You can call it a "power trip" if you would like, but I see it like Laird put it above. Take that however you will.

you are not above anyone so stop trying to act like it. When I ran the Jag HSC I never pulled this type of shit on anyone. You are being a like a cop who gives someone a ticket for going 70 in a 65...... ie Not a cool one.......

ive been at atari age since 2003 a hell of a lot longer than you and i was doing the jag hsc longer than you til this point. you are doing a good job but you are being totally disrespectful to me. it aint cool. you should only require photo verification for new members with less than 100 posts or something and we dont have any of those playing here so why dont you just chill the hell out with the photo verify thing.

There are members that have done far more for the gaming community in general that also play in the Jaguar HSC. None of them feel the need to spout off their accomplishments in order to gain attention or make themselves look better in others' eyes. For instance, Gaztee has provided us with some damn-fine boxes (and reproductions); Kgenthe runs a fantastic, professional gaming web site; Hyper_Eye has done quite a bit for the XBOX amongst other things; Laird does JagFest UK amongst other things.

This has NOTHING to do with that... All I'm saying is that I've been around plenty long enough to be known by everyone in the Jag community and you are treating me like some asshole lying scumbag by demanding i show you proof of my scores. Youve only been around here a year, not only that but again you dont seem to give a shit that I gave you the chance to run this jag hsc. ill be damned if you treat me like some noob.

As far as myself, I don't feel it particularly matters how long I have been here, nor am I looking for any kind of acceptance or praise because of what I do in this (very small) HSC. All I am trying to provide here is an even playing field, with solid rules set in stone (that need tweaking here and there). With that, I also have to lay down my fist from time to time, or allow others to abuse what I have put in place. If someone doesn't like that, they can choose to not play.

this should purely be a fun thing, nobody should be putting their fist down about anything. again everyone playing here is cool and not a cheater. you should only be acting like this if some new guy comes along and posts insane high scores.................

im a long standing and well liked member in the jag community ask anybody i been around a long time.

Kevin, you also have a history of digging yourself into holes for reasons that are still unbeknownst to most of us here. See: Here. If you would like to do so one more time in this thread, I would appreciate you do it elsewhere.

oh please just because im brave enough to speak my mind and you speak like a robot doesnt mean anything. you are fake and sugar coat things, im real and speak my mind.

i dont need photo verify for shit... :roll: you are abusing your little power.

I have no power, but I can pass this up the chain if need be. I really don't want to have it get to that point. It would surely be a waste of their time. :thumbsdown:

hahahah ya go ahead and be a tattle tell RAT. "OH ALBERT look at Kevin hes being such a bad boy please punish him.."

:lol:

LOOK, ill make sure from now on ill take photos of everything, but you should chill out about speaking down to long time members here...

maybe i did go overboard but if there is one thing in life that pisses me off is someone calling me a liar (directly or indirectly as you like to do things.)

Scores are no longer to be submitted on this thread, period. I have laid out the conditions for submitting new/updated scores for old HSC games and rounds played. These can be found on the first post of this thread as well as the updated Jaguar HSC rules thread (updated 12/12). If you do not consent to these modifications, then do not submit a new score in an old thread. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

What about the games listed that dont have links / haven't been played in a HSC? Use the threads I created that are empty or no?

No. I've decided to keep this list reserved only for games that have been played in full-fledged HSC rounds. Nearly every game that has been played has a link next to it, so if you want to try and beat any old scores, use the links in this thread. Submitting scores for games that have not yet been played (blanks on this list) will have to wait until those games are actually played in a future round.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was going for the "Tower" Ruiner Pinball record and the strangest thing happened. On ball 4, I cast all 3 spells and started on my multi-ball marathon. After I finally lost, the game started getting jittery while it calculated my score. For the next few minutes the camera was no longer following the ball (about a half second delay) and there was a big delay with the flippers. On top of that, the game was moving at about 5 fps. Finally, the game crashed altogether. My game ended with one ball remaining, and a score of 415,051,440. *sigh*

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Updated the thread as needed. Averybluemonkey made the list with his Alien Versus Predator (Alien) and Hoverstrike scores. Punisher5.0 made the list with his Brazil track time in Super Burnout. Jeremiahjt made the list with his Zool 2 easy mode score. Sauron made the list with his SuperflyDX score. If I missed anything, let me know..

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Updated the list. We actually had quite a few games with scores completely smashed this season--Ruiner Pinball, Raiden (one credit mode), Zool 2 (just barely!), Pinball Fantasies (Stones 'n Bones table), and Missile Command 3D. Great job everyone! :)

• 1 year later...
  • 8 years later...

Here are two Rick, thanks:

Jaguar HSC__REBOOTED Special Season Round 2- Downfall OG+
SCORE:  107,284 - Machine
https://atariage.com/forums/topic/326450-jaguar-hsc_rebooted-special-round-2/?do=findComment&comment=4945877

Jaguar HSC__SEASON 12__ROUND 2 - Impulse X
Score:  1,115,400 - Machine
https://atariage.com/forums/topic/296668-jaguar-hsc_season-12_round-2/?do=findComment&comment=4369860

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...