IGNORED

Jaguar HSC Revamped Round 8: Checkered Flag

Austin

Jaguar HSC Revamped ROUND 8:

CHECKERED FLAG

ROUND OVER.

RULES AND DIRECTIONS:

Pick the ISLAND HOP track; Settings must be at Daytime and Practice Mode (Any car customization is up to the player); Race until you achieve your fastest lap and submit it here (I recommend putting it on 99 laps--When you finish practice mode, it won't display your track times; Take a picture of your fastest lap prior to the mode ending).

If you are not familiar with the new Jaguar HSC general rules and how the scoring system works, please visit this thread here: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/166522-new-jaguar-hsc-rules-updated-7242010/. It is recommended that you take a photo of your score, but it is not required. We go on good faith here, so please be honest.. :)

Final rankings (fastest track times submitted):

1. GKC - 0:25:3 +11pts

2. The_Laird - 0:26.8 +10pts

3. Austin/Kevincal - 0:27.7 +9pts each (tied)

4. Kgenthe - 0:30:6 +8pts

5. Majorhavoc2049 - 0:31.7 +7pts

6. Roadrunner - 0:32:5 +6pts

7. Boog - 0:33.4 +5pts

8. Gaztee - 0:35.3 +4pts

The current Jaguar HSC rankings as of the end of Round 8:

1. The_Laird - 83pts

2. Austin - 76pts

3. orpheuswaking - 65pts

4. Boog - 62pts

5. Hyper_Eye - 46pts

6. Kgenthe - 35pts

7. Gaztee - 34pts

8. Major Havoc 2049 - 24pts

9. Kevincal - 23pts

10. Doctorclu - 17pts

11. GKC - 15pts

12. Lexlothar - 13pts

13. Roadrunner - 12pts

14. Major Havoc 2049 - 11pts

15. Sauron - 10pts

16. Tyrant - 8pts

17. Sauron - 7pts

18. Dan Iacovelli - 3pts

holy effing what!!!!

I have had this game for years and never played it beyond the first day I got it, and now I remember why! How is it even possible to complete a lap without crashing multiple times?

0:58:8 and I don't think I need a photo for that craptastic submission.

• Like 1

holy effing what!!!!

I have had this game for years and never played it beyond the first day I got it, and now I remember why! How is it even possible to complete a lap without crashing multiple times?

C'mon, I know this game sucks, but I also know you can do better than that. ;)

Put it into the cockpit view if you haven't tried it. It makes turning more precise, strangely enough.

holy effing what!!!!

C'mon, I know this game sucks, but I also know you can do better than that. icon_wink.gif

Put it into the cockpit view if you haven't tried it. It makes turning more precise, strangely enough.

Oh really? Cockpit view score was a 1:18:3

• Like 1

holy effing what!!!!

C'mon, I know this game sucks, but I also know you can do better than that. icon_wink.gif

Try using the brakes?.. :P

holy effing what!!!!

Try using the brakes?.. icon_razz.gif

You mean the brakes that bring you to an almost complete stop without any normal deceleration... Yeah those work well icon_razz.gif

Edited by orpheuswaking
  • Like 1

Oi.. This was painful. It's really tough to be consistent in this game unless you take it slow. Braking works for keeping off the walls, but I've found the only way to race (for the best time) is to keep your finger on the gas, and wiggle back and forth.. Occasionally you will get lucky and not smack into anything.. :lol: ..28.7 is my fastest lap.

post-24675-129002086773_thumb.jpg

You mean the brakes that bring you to an almost complete stop without any normal deceleration... Yeah those work well icon_razz.gif

Tap the brakes, don't hold them. The game sucks, but not everything in it is broken. icon_lol.gif

at full speed taping the brakes works like, well, no brakes at all...

• Like 1

There is a method to the madness when it comes to the stearing in Checkered Flag and it's not like a normal traditional racer at all. Once you figure it out and dial it in, you can fly around the tracks like Nigel Mansell on crack. Since this is a high score contest though...good luck figuring it out. icon_razz.gif Now if I can just remember the method to the madness....

• Like 1