IGNORED

Any recommended PSN downloadable games?

Cynicaster

I liked the many cutscenes, scripted events and slower parts in the demo, which were giving it some kind of a "survival horror" like atmosphere. Does it continue on that promise, or will it quickly degenerate into a dual analog shoot'em up after the intro?

I'll have to admit, the game play is pretty repetitive. There are some simply amazing area's to explore, well I guess "explore" isn't the word...more like look at, it's all just fluff I guess, I liked the progression of the story and where it took you. The game is indeed areas of dual analog shoot'em up separated by find the card key, or find three levers and pull them etc...type puzzles and a couple bosses. I would say get the first chapter for sure and give it a go. If you like good ol fashioned video game play with kick ass graphics, it's a great play through. I'd consider getting the additional chapter eventually if they were on sale, I didn't feel like rushing out and buying the next ones when I heard about it however. Still I'm glad I bought and played that first game.

I picked up that Afterburner Climax game the other day. I think it was on sale because it was only $5.99 or so.

The reviews I read for the game were generally on the positive side of lukewarm, so I figured that since I loved the original game (and the Genny version back in the day) it would be a worthwhile purchase for me. But I don't know, so far I think this game kind of sucks. Maybe it's operator error, but I feel like all I'm doing is just randomly firing missiles hoping they hit something, only to get shot down every 10 seconds. For some reason, I remember having better control over the plane in the old game, at least to the point where I was actually playing a game and not just button mashing and hoping for the best.

My next complaint is that the sound is lame. I wanted to hear big rumbling explosion sounds and roaring jet engines, but what I got was a half-baked, restrained-sounding game that is not up to modern standards at all.

Oh well, it wasn't expensive.

Nonetheless, would have been cool if there was a playable demo, so I could have saved the money.