IGNORED

Terrible X box 360 games

bloodreptile

I agree with both of those examples Mendon.

I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed M & M after seeing the wretched reviews for the game, and while Civil War was slow moving (you walked around like you were wearing cement shoes and the reload times while accurate took awhile) I still had a lot of fun with that one!

I loved 99 Nights. That was the nearest thing we got to Dynasty Warriors on the 360 and I love me some Dynasty Warriors.

You mean nearest thing other than Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Warriors Orochi, and Dynasty Warriors: Gundam? :D

I'm going to echo Moycon and say that I've never seen anyone say that EDF 2017 was a bad game. I heard nothing but good about it.

I loved Bullet Witch. One of the very few of those types of games I've ever found enjoyable. That reminds me. I need to play it some more.

And Onechanbara is awesome! Although I have to say I prefer Warriors Orochi for my hack n' slash.

I haven't played it in a long time, but I enjoy Dead or Alive Xtreme 2. It's relaxing eye candy.

I can't really think of games that I feel are terrible but that I like. Pretty much by definition, if I like them then they're good, not terrible. :P

At the time 99 Nights came out Koei was busy kissing Sony's ass and saying they didn't care about the Xbox.

At the time 99 Nights came out Koei was busy kissing Sony's ass and saying they didn't care about the Xbox.

Nah. Dynasty Warriors 5 : Empires came out for the 360 in North America around March of 2006 , 99N didn't come out till August of the same year.

I have 1000/1000 gamerscore on both! :D

Nah. Dynasty Warriors 5 : Empires came out for the 360 in North America around March of 2006 , 99N didn't come out till August of the same year.

I have 1000/1000 gamerscore on both! :D

Empires is a completely different game from Dynasty Warriors. Dynasty Warriors 6 didn't come out for a year and half after 99 Nights.

I wish they would come out with a new Kessen game for the 360. I loved Kessen and Kessen II for PS2.

Edited by OldAtarian

History Channel: Civil War, A Nation Divided and its sequel History Channel: Civil War, The Secret Missions got pretty bad press and low sales but I enjoyed them both.

Dark Messiah: Might & Magic was frowned upon but again, I had some fun with the game.

Mendon

i like all those too lol.

Empires is a completely different game from Dynasty Warriors. Dynasty Warriors 6 didn't come out for a year and half after 99 Nights.

Sorry, I've played over a half dozen Koei games on the 360 alone. (We wont even mention last gen versions of games they have released )

Empires is a Dynasty Warriors game, and it came out months before 99N. It is absolutely NOT a completely different game.

In my experience, none of the games Koei releases are completely different from each other and yes now we can mention last gen Koei games!! :lolblue:

Not even sure I understand the logic behind that statement.

I guess you would dismiss Samurai Warriors 2 as well for the same reason?

In any case, releasing games for the 360 seems an odd way to kiss Sony's ass. ;)

• 2 months later...

Superman Returns! It costs like five bucks and if you ever had any fun running amok in grand theft auto, it's for you. I love any game where you're a "hero", but you can blow an entire traffic jam of cars off a bridge and into the ocean, strand people in the smokestack of a nuclear reactor, or just fly around with a 20' wide hamburger while the city lays in ruins.

I love playing terrible games. This thread is for me. I have played the Civil War games and agree that they suck, but I still liked them.

Vampire Rain is considered one of the worst games out there, but if you check my gamertag you will see that I unlocked every achievement in that awesome game (which is near-impossible).

Jumper: Griffin's Story looks like a N64 game ported to the 360. It has terrible graphics, audio, dialogue, plot, controls... just everything. That game is not a so-bad-it's-good type of game at all.

Darkest of Days is a super fun FPS that was developed on like $10.00. Great, super great plot, but everything else is last-gen or worse.

Deadly Premonition is my favorite game ever. If you don't know what it is, just hop on YouTube and watch some footage. It's the most awesomely bad game I've ever played. Ever.

Superman Returns is just fucking terrible.

Secret Service was loads of laughs.

All the CSI games are a win in my version of reality.

Jurassic: The Hunted is just great because you get to shoot dinosaurs in a modern FPS sort of way.

I'm sure there are tons more that I could mention because, honestly, I avoid good games most of the time (except for CoD or Halo from time to time).

Jumper: Griffin's Story looks like a N64 game ported to the 360. It has terrible graphics, audio, dialogue, plot, controls... just everything. That game is not a so-bad-it's-good type of game at all.

Darkest of Days is a super fun FPS that was developed on like $10.00. Great, super great plot, but everything else is last-gen or worse.

Deadly Premonition is my favorite game ever. If you don't know what it is, just hop on YouTube and watch some footage. It's the most awesomely bad game I've ever played. Ever.

Secret Service was loads of laughs.

I'm sure there are tons more that I could mention because, honestly, I avoid good games most of the time (except for CoD or Halo from time to time).

Those sound like winners to me. Jumper seems very interesting from the youtube videos... too bad the controls are bad, if they were spot on, it would be even more fun.

Deadly Premonition sounds like a game for both my girlfriend and I. We love terrible movies, and this is nothing short of amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been having a wonderful time playing really pathetic games recently so I have a number of games to add to the cannon...

Silent Service (the afore mentioned game)... really this game would have been trash on the xbox... the fps parts are easy but they have these puzzles which make the game impossible... the puzzles are good fun.. the FPS parts are painful

Soldier of Fortune this game is just terrible.... people still play it online (wow) its one of those games where they throw loads of enemies at you... the should have called it cannon fodder 2.... very generic

Now I am playing the awesomely awful Prison Break and I think this one might take the prize. Really this game is inept. It has fighting which is really limited... tattoos.. Stealth where you walk about like you have just shat yourself... its like pac man without the pills in a way as you just have to avoid everyone...

Really this is a game everyone should play...99 cents is the top wack for it... and if you truly want to feel like you are in prison this is the game for you... as you will want to break out and play borderlands for hours after playing this...

If you're into horrible games and music games, you might check out Power Gig: Rise of the SixString. The game itself is bad: bad graphics, bad game play, very bad controllers, and an arguably half-decent selection of songs that escapes being called bad mostly due to gems by Eric Clapton and Dave Matthews, who somehow got duped into signing exclusive contracts for this game. What really makes Power Gig interesting, however, is just how badly bungled everything to do with the game was handled.

First there was the video of them dumping a bunch of Guitar Hero guitars into a volcano, proclaiming the end of 5-button guitar playing. See, when a video game studio does this, it's PR. When you or I do this, it's littering.

Then, it was revealed their game would support 5-button guitars anyway. Furthermore, their "real" guitar would be a stubby guitar-shaped thing that you could maybe play real guitar parts with. Most players would never know, because it was further revealed the only thing the game would teach you on this "real" guitar were two-string power chords. That's it. More fake playing or real power chords.

And then the drums were revealed. Yeah. I'll just leave this here.

Meanwhile, Rock Band developer Harmonix was discovered to be working on their own version of a "real" guitar. Not only would this one teach you more than just power chords, but eventually there would be a "real" guitar put out by a "real" guitar company: a special version of the Squier by Fender that could be played with the game. Power Gig's reaction? A snooty blog post, since toned down, where they claimed RB3's pro mode "sounds tricky," and that Harmonix has given "not one peep" about when the Fender guitar would be available (never mind that was Fender's call to make, not Harmonix's).

But all this back and forth between competing game developers is to be expected, right? And of course gamers would be able to decide for themselves come release day, right? Yeah... no. Power Gig's release date of October 19, 2010 came... and went. No reviews. No game available in stores. Zip. That's when it was revealed, "Oh yeah, that's when we shipped our game out. Stores will be getting them in the next couple of days, promise!" The fact they didn't even send out any advance kits for reviewers was pretty much glossed over.

Well, the game eventually did make it into gamers' hands, and reviewers' hands as well, and the results were not pretty. I think even E.T. got better reviews than this.

But reviewers don't control everything, and a good marketing campaign can rescue even the baddest of games, right? Certainly... as long as you don't hire the guys that made this commercial for Power Gig. Yeek!

Other failures, from missing DLC to spam-infested forums, added to the hilarity, but I think you get the idea. And hey, for only a mere $8 or so now, you too can add this spectacular example of "for the love of all things holy do NOT create or market your game this way!" to your collection.

Edited by FujiSkunk

• 2 weeks later...

Add Hour of Victory to the cannon. I played this turkey and thought that it was even worse that then demo. Basically this is a ps1 game made for the 360. The graphics are okay but the gameplay is so old hat... The music does not fit the game play. Really this game is the worst i have played on the 360...

Edited by bloodreptile

If you're into horrible games and music games, you might check out Power Gig: Rise of the SixString. The game itself is bad: bad graphics, bad game play, very bad controllers, and an arguably half-decent selection of songs that escapes being called bad mostly due to gems by Eric Clapton and Dave Matthews, who somehow got duped into signing exclusive contracts for this game. What really makes Power Gig interesting, however, is just how badly bungled everything to do with the game was handled.

Oh jeeze. I snagged this game off eBay for like $18 because it really does have a decent song list, and I figured since I don't play the guitars or drums in these games (one of the main bitches) it would be decent enough to just sing the songs. I gotta say though, we tried it once and let me tell you, the game is pretty damn shoddy. The animation, the slow choppy scroll of the vocals bar, the barely animated, non customizable characters. The worst part was whatever the default setting is for vocals, it lowers the music when you are singing so all you can hear is your drunk ass voice over everything else. LAME. I plan on messing with the audio to see if I can stop it from doing that. If I can then we might be able to get some fun out of it, but it will just be from the actual act of singing a song we like.

Earth Defense Force is a Very fun and enjoyable game! I really put some hard hours into it! I find it to be a great 1 or 2 player game. The amount of chaos that goes on screen is just a blast! And girls really dig this game too for some odd reason.

I wont go through all the posts, but has this been mentioned?

big_bumpin-400-400.jpg

Dammm I just went thru the whole thread thinking I was gonna throw down with the winner and the Koala beat me to the punch!!! This game is by far the worst $.99 I ever spent on anything!!!! It is almost unplayable. There just aren't words to describe the suck factor of this game!

PS: I'd challenge you to some online multiplayer, but that is broken for this game as well!!!

I wont go through all the posts, but has this been mentioned?

big_bumpin-400-400.jpg

Dammm I just went thru the whole thread thinking I was gonna throw down with the winner and the Koala beat me to the punch!!! This game is by far the worst $.99 I ever spent on anything!!!! It is almost unplayable. There just aren't words to describe the suck factor of this game!

PS: I'd challenge you to some online multiplayer, but that is broken for this game as well!!!

If you thought Big Bumpin sucked you should try Sneak King, IMHO its way way worse. LOL Though it is mildly awesome in the respect that your playing as one of the creepiest mother fuckers to ever grace a video game. lol If they could have reversed the game and had the King Sneaking up on you I think it would have probably been a genuinely freaky survival horror, imagine walking down a hallway, rounding a corner and their he is with a hamburger. :rolling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o_lzS_O88k

Out of the three BK titiles, Sneak King has to be the worst for sure (though its HILARIOUS), Pocket Bike Racers wasn't awful, and believe it or not I liked Big Bumpin' the best icon_mrgreen.gif.

I actually got online once with another kid! He beat the hell out of me he says he plays a lot lol.

• 4 weeks later...

I have another classic that I just bought... and Moycon this is the one you need to purchase for $1. It cost me £1.50 4 months after it came out. Its Truth of lies. They had a cheek to call this shoddy excuse for a game a game... it is quite simply awful and had not redeeming features... save i got 750 gamescore for 30 minutes play.....

Just now I am playing the classic shooter Conflict Denied Ops... a true classic.