IGNORED

Is Philly Classic worth it??

MacGurl

For us to attend PhillyClassic4, it's gonna cost a buttload of money. Airline tickets, hotels, food, money to buy games...

For those that have been before, is it worth it in your opinion? Is it a semi-big to do? I'd hate to spend all that money for a small get together.

Yes, yes and YES. Last year we had over 1,000 people attend. This year we're hoping for even more. The floor space is HUGE. There's an entire arcade's worth of arcade games set on free play.

There's dozens of vendors selling stuff you can't get just anywhere. There's contests, tournaments, thousands of games to play, and a chance to meet us weirdos from Atari Age in the flesh.

And of course there's the auction.

If you're REALLY into video games, you won't be disappointed. I make the drive from Vermont every year, so I know that travel can be a bitch!

Next to CGE I'd wager this is the biggest Classic Con you are going to find. Its definitely the biggest one on the East Coast. And yeah, its WELL worth it. I had a blast last year (and drove 13 hours to do so), and I DEFINITELY plan on going again.

There is PLENTY to see and do! I loved it!

Oh, and Xot, how about this year and auction BEFORE the very close of the show. Nobody has any money by that point. Remember last year..... :(

It's very much worth it. Think CGE but a bit smaller and much more "warm and friendly". I love it!

Now I put "warm and friendly" in quotes for a reason (So Joe, John, and Sean don't kill me). It's not that CGE is an unfriendly show or anything, but since it's much bigger with more non-regulars in attendance it tends to get a bit cold and uncaring. That's what happens when you have a show that size; you have lots of strangers, lots of very expensive things, and many more responsibilites, so you have to have the extra security guards and stricter rules. Not that that's a bad thing, but the Philly is bit more community oriented and lax. Think of CGE as the big city show and Philly as more the hometown show.

Tempest

Next to CGE I'd wager this is the biggest Classic Con you are going to find.  Its definitely the biggest one on the East Coast.  And yeah, its WELL worth it.  I had a blast last year (and drove 13 hours to do so), and I DEFINITELY plan on going again.

There is PLENTY to see and do!  I loved it!

Oh, and Xot, how about this year and auction BEFORE the very close of the show.  Nobody has any money by that point.  Remember last year..... :(

I agree 100%. I would rather do the auction on either Saturday night or Sunday morning, but as yet there's not itinerary worked out... I'll pass the idea along to David.

Well now that I know that you are going I'll have to be at the airport to pick ya up and take ya wherever you(s) are staying. :wink:

perrrfect. I thought we could just stay w/ you? ;)

Well that will make my bed a lil crowded but hey anything for you sweets :wink:

BTW is the "we" you and cvo??*crosses fingers* :P

Can somebody give me the phillyclassic website address?(it's probably something simple like www.phillyclassic.com, but I'm too lazy) I went to Cinciclassic and thought it was GREAT, but I don't even know when Phillyclassic is. It'd be really great to go, I doubt I will, but it would still be a blast to go.

No I just dont like them in general.  They make me nervous.  It's hard to relax with security like that around.  

Tempest

Tempest.....ex con? What do you have to be nervous about? Thus far they have not passed a law against shameful dancing..... :P

post-409-1039191652_thumb.jpg