IGNORED

Gundemonium Collection - do you recommend it?

Rikkarr

Hey everyone, if you have some time, could you share some opinions about this collection and its games? I saw it was part of the PSN sale thingy, and I'm considering it... I typically enjoy these types of games, but I'm a little unsure about spending money on it, as funds are a little sparse and I'm not sure about the quality. What do you guys think?

The player characters are big but the collision detection box on them is actually pretty small. I have them and they're decent shooters but there are others I'd rather play. I'm not a big fan of bullet hell shooters and that's what these are. It comes with two side scrolling shooters and one vertical shooter.

Agreed with the above; it's a bullet hell shooter collection, with big sprites but small hitboxes. As for the quality, it's a doujin soft series, i.e., Japanese indie. Take from that what you will, but high difficulty is pretty much guaranteed. Also, be aware that there is a PC version available at the US publisher's site, which is a physical disc plus some bonus goodies. Lastly, I think the games (on the PS3) are Remote Play-compatible. At least, that was the reason cited by a Rockin' Android person to me when explaining why there were PSP ESRB ratings for these games, even though there's no PSP version.

onmode-ky

Thanks for the input, guys! The character size was a concern for me too, but when you mentioned that the hit boxes were small, that was a relief. I am a big fan of bullet hell games, like Touhou, so I decided to buy it. So far, I'm very impressed with the games! I would have liked to buy a physical copy for the PC, but my computer is beyond crap (256mb RAM beige box :D) so this was really the only option. I also read that there is, indeed, remote play (and I DO have a PSP, so that's good news).

Once again, thank you guys for your input, it was much appreciated!

Should you still be considering the PC version, I point out that, this being a Japanese indie game, the system requirements are quite low. Here is what the Rockin' Android site says:

OS - Windows 98/2000/XP/ME/Vista/7

CPU - Intel Pentium III 800MHz

System RAM - 256MB

Video Card - Direct3D/DirectX 8.1-compliant video card with 64MB RAM

Sound Card - DirectSound compatible sound card

Hard disc space - 350MB free space

The guy who made this, by the way, is an associate of Touhou's maker, ZUN. So I read somewhere, anyway.

onmode-ky

Should you still be considering the PC version, I point out that, this being a Japanese indie game, the system requirements are quite low. Here is what the Rockin' Android site says:

OS - Windows 98/2000/XP/ME/Vista/7

CPU - Intel Pentium III 800MHz

System RAM - 256MB

Video Card - Direct3D/DirectX 8.1-compliant video card with 64MB RAM

Sound Card - DirectSound compatible sound card

Hard disc space - 350MB free space

The guy who made this, by the way, is an associate of Touhou's maker, ZUN. So I read somewhere, anyway.

onmode-ky

Thanks for the info! I am still interested in this version, and my friend is giving me his old computer (about 4X better than this old box o' silicon), so when I get the chance, I'll need to pick this up as well.

Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the input, guys! The character size was a concern for me too, but when you mentioned that the hit boxes were small, that was a relief. I am a big fan of bullet hell games, like Touhou, so I decided to buy it. So far, I'm very impressed with the games! I would have liked to buy a physical copy for the PC, but my computer is beyond crap (256mb RAM beige box :D) so this was really the only option. I also read that there is, indeed, remote play (and I DO have a PSP, so that's good news).

Once again, thank you guys for your input, it was much appreciated!

That sounds exactly like my PC-we got it in 2004, and it has a Pentium 4 (which by now is probably stone age), and even less then 256mb of RAM. We do have Comcast high speed internet-just not the machine to run it!

I'll have to get these games on the PS3, how much does each one cost??