IGNORED

99/4A Console Exchange Program

matthew180

Yeah, I guess I better go reread my own offerings!! :ponder:

Sorry Mimo, my mistake. :) I don't have any XB or E/A carts though, nor any speech synths, but I can send you a console for sure. I've been offline for a bit, so let me get back in to the groove of things and see if I can dig up a little more gear. But either way, the console would be the biggest box, I could probably send the other smaller stuff at a later date. Small flat rate USPS boxes to the UK are only about $12USD or so.

Yeah, I guess I better go reread my own offerings!! :ponder:

Sorry Mimo, my mistake. :) I don't have any XB or E/A carts though, nor any speech synths, but I can send you a console for sure. I've been offline for a bit, so let me get back in to the groove of things and see if I can dig up a little more gear. But either way, the console would be the biggest box, I could probably send the other smaller stuff at a later date. Small flat rate USPS boxes to the UK are only about $12USD or so.

Many thanks, no rush though.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd send my consoles. :) If I send you two, could you mod one and keep the other? :)

I want a couple mods, actually... a reset switch (as Marc suggested) and the 32x16 mod. An interesting piece of info... for consoles that have the 32x16 modification, you must create a bypass for the 32k expansion on the CF7. Richard Bell did something like this and posted some pictures of his modifications on the Y group some months ago. He put a little switch on the CF7 that switches the 32k on and off. :)

I'd send my consoles. :) If I send you two, could you mod one and keep the other? :)

I want a couple mods, actually... a reset switch (as Marc suggested) and the 32x16 mod. An interesting piece of info... for consoles that have the 32x16 modification, you must create a bypass for the 32k expansion on the CF7. Richard Bell did something like this and posted some pictures of his modifications on the Y group some months ago. He put a little switch on the CF7 that switches the 32k on and off. :)

When trying the CF7 on my system (which has 32K on board.) I just pulled the 62256 out of the CF7 and it worked fine.

If you are in to developing assembly language on a real TI with the CF7 then I would suggest you do get a console with the fast memory and 14.3mhs crystal. It cuts your assembly time in half. Do you have a trade ?

I'm down to bare bones now, buddy. :)

I actually was thinking of getting rid of most of my excess hardware anyway... I have less and less time to work with it, and my CF7 is pretty much all I use anymore on my real TI. If I had the nano-PEB instead, I'd never need another PC for XMODEM transfers again!! :)

I do most of my assembly in Notepad++ and I use Classic99s assembler to assemble my source... It's nice that C99 allows .txt files to be used as source.

ASSEMBLE:

DSK1.BERYL.TXT

I'm down to bare bones now, buddy. :)

I actually was thinking of getting rid of most of my excess hardware anyway... I have less and less time to work with it, and my CF7 is pretty much all I use anymore on my real TI. If I had the nano-PEB instead, I'd never need another PC for XMODEM transfers again!! :)

I do most of my assembly in Notepad++ and I use Classic99s assembler to assemble my source... It's nice that C99 allows .txt files to be used as source.

ASSEMBLE:

DSK1.BERYL.TXT

Well then what do want a modded console for ya knucklehead ?

So I CAN assemble on my TI. :). Additionally, I want the reset mod (for obvious reasons). I'd like to replace my CF7-console with a modded console--- I want to be like Marc. :)

Ha.... Well ya better get a bit more surely, decrepit, degenerate and ugly if ya wanna be like me ;-)

Maybe I can slap something together in the next 4-5 weeks. here's what I can do...

32K16 & crystal mod with switches to go back and forth from fast to slow.

pause/reset switches

XB in console.

E/A in console

Any other GROM set in console (up to 4 total, I recommend E/A, DM2 + 2 others)

What ever I do you would have to provide the parts like the MoBo, e/a cart, XB cart or other GROM based carts and name your next kid after me (not Golum..;-)

I will chime in with a "me, too" if you will be offering the 32x16 mod. I am too busy to bother with that right now, or at least bother with it and make it neat and clean. I know it does not cost much to send my console to you.

Hey, which brings to mind: when is the next Faire?

I will chime in with a "me, too" if you will be offering the 32x16 mod. I am too busy to bother with that right now, or at least bother with it and make it neat and clean. I know it does not cost much to send my console to you.

Hey, which brings to mind: when is the next Faire?

Nov 5th 2011...

PM me..

I have not done any of those mods, so I would not feel comfortable taking them on at this point. Plus, I can't stand to run crazy wires all over the place, bend pins on chips, etc. That kind of work is best left up to Marc, he has no inhibitions. I'll add all that stuff when I do the 99/4A SoC... ;)

I have not done any of those mods, so I would not feel comfortable taking them on at this point. Plus, I can't stand to run crazy wires all over the place, bend pins on chips, etc. That kind of work is best left up to Marc, he has no inhibitions. I'll add all that stuff when I do the 99/4A SoC... ;)

OK I'll step up here. If you want one or more of the mods done you will need to provide the console and any carts you want buried inside. I'll provide the IC's and crystals. You will only have to pay shipping both ways and the cost of any switches you may desire. If there is any interest then PM me. I could do about 1 a month with everything else going on so first come first served.

A very generous offer, Marc... I would be happy to do this-- ecstatic, actually... Once the EA and XB GROMs are in the console, how does one access them? Do they show up on the cart select screen?

Not quite..... I put a rotary switch on the top of the console to select either cart port, XB or one of the embedded GROMS. This brings up a good point. If you don't want your console to have knobs and switches (mine looks like Frankenstein's TI) then you better not send it here. It's a bit like Monster Garage out in the studio. Hell I'll even two tone and stencil it for ya. And as a disclaimer.... we are 67 percent Bondo free ;-0.