IGNORED

Jaguar HSC Revamped Round 9: Pinball Fantasies

Austin

Jaguar HSC Revamped ROUND 9:

PINBALL FANTASIES

(ROUND OVER)

RULES AND DIRECTIONS:

This round will be played on the PARTYLAND table. Before playing, hit the OPTION key at the title screen and switch the amount of balls to 5 and the difficulty to EASY (this changes the physics of the table). Any other settings do not affect gameplay, so pick whatever options you wish. Submit your best score when finished!

If you are not familiar with the new Jaguar HSC general rules and how the scoring system works, please visit this thread here: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/166522-new-jaguar-hsc-rules-updated-7242010/. It is recommended that you take a photo of your score, but it is not required. We go on good faith here, so please be honest.. :)

FINAL SCORES:

1. Save2600 - 102,737,980 +11pts

2. Major Havoc 2049 - 71,400,350 +10pts

3. Austin - 54,878,510 +9pts

4. The_Laird - 29,219,670 +8pts

5. Kevincal - 28,502,680 +7pts

6. Boog - 20,617,920 +6pts

7. Gaztee - 13,247,190 +5pts

8. Orpheuswaking - 10,843,310 +4pts

9. Roadrunner - 4,685,170 +3pts

As of the end of this round, the standing Jaguar HSC Rankings:

1. The_Laird - 91pts

2. Austin - 85pts

3. orpheuswaking - 69pts

4. Boog - 68pts

5. Hyper_Eye - 46pts

6. Gaztee - 39pts

7. Kgenthe - 37pts

8. Kevincal - 36pts

9. Major Havoc 2049 - 34pts

10. Doctorclu - 17pts

11. GKC - 16pts

12. Roadrunner - 15pts

13. Lexlothar - 13pts

14. Save2600 - 11pts

15. Sauron - 10pts

16. Tyrant - 8pts

17. Sauron - 7pts

18. Dan Iacovelli - 3pts

Shoot, just realized we we're supposed to change the game over to 5 balls. Scored over 48mil on my first try at 3 balls :-)

post-13896-129150299985_thumb.jpg

@Laird: you know... I felt some frustration playing this for the first time on the Jag in a loooong time tonight too. I can say with certainty that this version SUCKS compared to the Amiga version. PF gameplay on the Jag is either too slow or too fast. You control the pitch of the table using the Difficulty adjustment: Easy/Hard. And the camera scrolling is either Soft or Hard. I prefer the game with the camera on Soft, but Difficulty on Hard. Still, you end up making an awful lot of missed shots on this table compared to the Amiga version. Also, on the Amiga, there are no difficulty or speed settings IIRC. Game plays just right the way it is AND you can see more of the table at once, making it a little easier to align your shots. Seems on the Jag version, there isn't enough different places for the ball to travel. As if its math is wonky or something. Not as fluid or "analogue" like compared to other versions and the flippers are sluggish too. A shame really as this table *IS* normally a lot of fun to play. Just suffers a bit with the Jag translation, which when I think about it - is just about par for the course dammit! lmao

Okay... I'll give it another go or two here, but the more I play the Jag version, the more pissed off I'm getting. :mad: :lol:

Edited by save2600
  • Like 1

Its official, I totally hate this table and have never suffered so many unfair deaths on any game ever! I actually had to turn it off I was so angry, I enjoyed Checkered Flag more than this.

Haha, of course you did. Checkered Flag is awesome. It's easily in the top 60 of Jaguar titles.

• Like 1

Thanks for your post, Save2600. I've been playing Pinball Fantasies on my iphone here of late and I'm able to get like 28 million with just three balls on that version. The ball in the Jag version though seems a little dead and doesn't move with the same fluidity as the iphone version. I was wondering if all the older versions of PF were slugish, or if it was just the Jag version. The scrolling will also lock-up sometimes for a sec on the Jag version. It also seems harder to make some shots on the Jag version.

• Like 1

Regarding cheap deaths, I didn't have that problem too much on this table in the Jag version. Stones 'n Bones on the other hand, there are some situations where it seems like the ball is guaranteed to go into the gutter, and that's in both the Jag and iPhone versions.

BTW, does anyone have any tips for nudging/bumping the table? I've never been particularly GOOD at pinball, and I think it's partially because I don't know when or when not to nudge. Any tips that would help with this specific game perhaps?

Regarding cheap deaths, I didn't have that problem too much on this table in the Jag version. Stones 'n Bones on the other hand, there are some situations where it seems like the ball is guaranteed to go into the gutter, and that's in both the Jag and iPhone versions.

BTW, does anyone have any tips for nudging/bumping the table? I've never been particularly GOOD at pinball, and I think it's partially because I don't know when or when not to nudge. Any tips that would help with this specific game perhaps?

I find the opposite, Stones & Bones is a brilliant table and I never get the cheap deaths I do on this table.

With regards to nudging the only time I use it is to stop the ball going down, on rare occasions you can nudge the ball back onto the flipper before it drops.

• Like 1

I was wondering if all the older versions of PF were slugish, or if it was just the Jag version. The scrolling will also lock-up sometimes for a sec on the Jag version. It also seems harder to make some shots on the Jag version.

Yep, all of those qualms you observed are unique to the Jag version. I've played ALL of the 21st Century tables across various platforms and your observations of the Jag traits are spot on. It's just the way it is unfortunately :(

Edited by save2600
  • Like 1

I find the opposite, Stones & Bones is a brilliant table and I never get the cheap deaths I do on this table.

With regards to nudging the only time I use it is to stop the ball going down, on rare occasions you can nudge the ball back onto the flipper before it drops.

post-24675-12915748423_thumb.jpg

• Like 1