IGNORED

Replacement Power Cord

bretthorror

I know this is a beginner's topic, but I want to be sure because the last thing I want to do is fry my PS3. I need a replacement power cord for it (the tag on this one says 10A 125V) and I was wondering if anyone could direct me to the model of the cord? I typed it into Ebay and things look shady. The PS3 model I have is CECHL01.

Any help would be appreciated, I don't wanna blow my system out. Ever since someone on here told me I could have blown up my NES if I'd have done what I was going to do, I have been wary about such things and figured I'd ask the more tech inclined because PS3s are slightly more expensive than a Nintendo. Thanks guys!

The cord doesn't have a transformer, the ps3 does, so if you cord isn't working, most likely its you ps3's problem. I've used my xbox cord to power my ps3, so, so far all I know that all the cord is, is just a cord.

Replacement was a bad word, I need another one. I got a projector in the living room and it's much more convenient to just have two cords and two HDMIs to switch it from my movie room to the TV room.