IGNORED

need a website owner to contact me via e-mail

TheXFactor

• 2 weeks later...

You can create a thread and there's an upload file section that allows you to add the images to the post. Just remember that you have to upload, then make sure you also add the image link to your post.

I've spent 10 minutes trying but it doesn't work. I select the particular image from the folder it's in and click on 'Attach', but I keep getting a message saying that no file was selected. I give up. If anyone else wants to try I'll e-mail the image to you.

Edited by TheXFactor

Load them on to www.Photobucket.com or any another free photo provider and post a link to the picture in this thread. Change the topic to "Lookie Lookie I got a Cookie." People will swarm to see it and if someone can use the pic I'm sure they will.

That's a good suggestion, but I'd rather post it here because then the dedicated Atari fan gets to see and appreciate it instead of a person casually browsing through Photobucket and going "Oh yeah, I remember that!" and just swiping the image.

Load them on to www.Photobucket.com or any another free photo provider and post a link to the picture in this thread. Change the topic to "Lookie Lookie I got a Cookie." People will swarm to see it and if someone can use the pic I'm sure they will.

That's a good suggestion, but I'd rather post it here because then the dedicated Atari fan gets to see and appreciate it instead of a person casually browsing through Photobucket and going "Oh yeah, I remember that!" and just swiping the image.

Ok now you are being silly.

Imagine if you do post it here and THEN someone puts it on Photobucket EGADS !!

Don't name the photograph anything but a generic A1424251 etc.

No one will ever find it and if they do WHO CARES ! Anyone who searches Photobucket for missing Atari pictures certainly would also qualify as a "dedicated Atari fan"

The dedicated Atari fans get to see and appreciate it because once you post it on PhotoBucket, you will link to it here and it will show up right in this thread. If you have an image you want to keep all to yourself and keep it private from the world at large, don't post it on the internet at all.

If it's an image size issue, you could do a Google search for "how to resize an image", then choose whichever method makes sense for whatever sort of computer you have.

The dedicated Atari fans get to see and appreciate it because once you post it on PhotoBucket, you will link to it here and it will show up right in this thread. If you have an image you want to keep all to yourself and keep it private from the world at large, don't post it on the internet at all.

If it's an image size issue, you could do a Google search for "how to resize an image", then choose whichever method makes sense for whatever sort of computer you have.

It's not that I want to keep it all to myself, but I did want to keep it a simple procedure (upload and be done with it) and we see where that's gotten me.

Ok now you are being silly.

Imagine if you do post it here and THEN someone puts it on Photobucket EGADS !!

Don't name the photograph anything but a generic A1424251 etc.

No one will ever find it and if they do WHO CARES ! Anyone who searches Photobucket for missing Atari pictures certainly would also qualify as a "dedicated Atari fan"

Nope- just lazy. I wanted to keep this simple and it's already turned into a process ("Post it on another site and link it here", "Do some research on Google"). I thought I'd find ONE person here who would help out with the image posting. Obviously, I thought wrong.

Image resizing and format conversion are two of the most basic procedures you need to learn to be a full participant in online forums. Research them, learn them, do them. Also, get used to having people not want to hold your hand and walk you step-by-step through basic procedures like this. Except on forums specifically for ultra-newbies, people tend to get tired of explaining that sort of thing over and over. The info is out there, all you have to do is put a little of your own effort into finding it. Once you show that you've done that, others will be more eager to put their efforts into helping you.

P.S.: Wanting to post your images here is admirable; far too many linked (and hotlinked) images no longer appear in every online forum that keeps a permanent or long-lived archive. If it's uploaded to the forum servers, it will last as long as the forum does (unless the forum expires older uploads).

Edited by A.J. Franzman

Image resizing and format conversion are two of the most basic procedures you need to learn to be a full participant in online forums. Research them, learn them, do them.

P.S.: Wanting to post your images here is admirable; far too many linked (and hotlinked) images no longer appear in every online forum that keeps a permanent or long-lived archive. If it's uploaded to the forum servers, it will last as long as the forum does (unless the forum expires older uploads).

Except that I really don't participate in online forums, so it's not worth my time and effort to learn such things. I came to this forum because I thought it would be simple to share the two Earthworld images, and it's been everything but. I tried again with the images just now and no luck, so I'm done. If someone knowledgeable in such things wants to contact me privately I'll e-mail you what I have.

Dude: "I want to feed the homeless, but I can't drive."

Other Dude: "Get somebody to drive you."

Dude: "But I don't really know anyone who could drive me. Can you drive me?"

Other Dude: "No, but what about a bus?"

Dude: "That's a whole complicated process I don't want to get into. No thanks."

Other Dude: "Taxi?"

Dude: "I'd have to call for a taxi, then wait, then open the door and get in. It's just too much of a hassle."

Other Dude: "I give up."

Dude: "Fine! Be that way! If you're not going to help me, the homeless can starve!"

:D

• Like 2

Dude: "I want to feed the homeless, but I can't drive."

Other Dude: "Get somebody to drive you."

Dude: "But I don't really know anyone who could drive me. Can you drive me?"

Other Dude: "No, but what about a bus?"

Dude: "That's a whole complicated process I don't want to get into. No thanks."

Other Dude: "Taxi?"

Dude: "I'd have to call for a taxi, then wait, then open the door and get in. It's just too much of a hassle."

Other Dude: "I give up."

Dude: "Fine! Be that way! If you're not going to help me, the homeless can starve!"

:D

Bad metaphors aside, there's not a size limit as to how much you can donate to charity. Try to upload a simple 8 1/2 x 11 scan on this site though...

Bad metaphors aside, there's not a size limit as to how much you can donate to charity. Try to upload a simple 8 1/2 x 11 scan on this site though...

It all depends on the format and resolution. If it's 8 1/2 by 11 inches at 2400 dpi in .BMP format, there probably isn't a forum on the web that will let you upload an image file that big. Nobody has a monitor that can display it without scrolling all over the place either, even provided they have the patience to wait for it to download. But if you resize it to something reasonable, say no more than 1000 pixels in either dimension, and convert it to .JPG at a reasonable compression ratio, or .PNG, it should be just fine.

It all depends on the format and resolution. If it's 8 1/2 by 11 inches at 2400 dpi in .BMP format, there probably isn't a forum on the web that will let you upload an image file that big. Nobody has a monitor that can display it without scrolling all over the place either, even provided they have the patience to wait for it to download. But if you resize it to something reasonable, say no more than 1000 pixels in either dimension, and convert it to .JPG at a reasonable compression ratio, or .PNG, it should be just fine.

They were definitely done as .JPG, though I'm not sure what the DPI was. Maybe that's what the problem was and why the image was over 2 MB.