IGNORED

Funny / Stupid / Crazy / Lame Auction Listings

nofrills100

3 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

...and now it’s relisted 

Take opinions for what they are, but I do not see this set worth more than $525.  That is $75 for each 1571 and $100 for each 128.  Maybe being generous on the drives and less than so on the 128s, but the latter have aging wear and in my experience many more problems can lurk beneath.  (This actually bit me on a recent sale -- I wound up sending the buyer another 128 console.  It was supposed to be an exchange, but honestly I am not complaining after all the problems he had with my tested console.)

2 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Take opinions for what they are, but I do not see this set worth more than $525.  That is $75 for each 1571 and $100 for each 128.  Maybe being generous on the drives and less than so on the 128s, but the latter have aging wear and in my experience many more problems can lurk beneath.  (This actually bit me on a recent sale -- I wound up sending the buyer another 128 console.  It was supposed to be an exchange, but honestly I am not complaining after all the problems he had with my tested console.)

Agreed.  Even that’s a little generous in my opinion.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2020 at 12:52 AM, bluejay said:

If it was a bbq chip it would have costed 100k, cause that's just the way it is.

'murica, dammit.

Then we have this dipstick: https://ebay.com/itm/223971324450

$40 for a WarpSpeed cartridge, as-is not tested, no idea whether it is v1 or v2 (supporting the 1581.)  I offered $30, which I think is still high, and explained why... rejected.

4 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

'murica, dammit.

Then we have this dipstick: https://ebay.com/itm/223971324450

$40 for a WarpSpeed cartridge, as-is not tested, no idea whether it is v1 or v2 (supporting the 1581.)  I offered $30, which I think is still high, and explained why... rejected.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Commodore-64-128-WARP-SPEED-by-Cinemaware-C64-Cartridge-UNTESTED-AS-IS-EB-3043/174264098871?_trkparms=aid%3D1110001%26algo%3DSPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131231084308%26meid%3D74cb4458f1ea4c6fb72e3dc7880e60f6%26pid%3D100010%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D223971324450%26itm%3D174264098871%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109

Same cart, worse condition, higher price

Some guy on eBay is selling "project boards" for the Commodore which supports being turned into a WarpSpeed cartridge.  I could make my own, with a case, for less then they want for these.  I bet I could get a license to make official carts for less than that!  (Okay, exaggeration, but my point still stands.)

• Like 1

This thing is worth around 50-60 bucks in Korea, and this seller is bullshitting people by claiming that it's an extremely rare item. Yes, it is rare, and yes it is highly sought after, but no, it's not worth anywhere bear 35 grand.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Silver-Korean-Edition-Gameboy-Color-Legendary-Rare/193192734217?hash=item2cfb2f2e09:g:kscAAOSwjONdvaIf

Edited by bluejay

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2020 at 6:52 PM, bluejay said:

https://ebay.to/302KOsL

doesnt even come with a damn battery cover

Holy Cow!  I watched that page load slowly on my little netbook,  and at first I'm thinking, Oh it's an old school GBA, no biggie there...Then I saw the price!  WHAAAAAAAA????!

And NO RETURNS!    LOL

What I think happened was someone got tired during that listing or perhaps was looking at a list of things they were listing and they wrote down 2 prices in a row, without proofreading.

Otherwise, my working GBA with a few games (and a battery cover) is gonna be sold soon so I can buy a new car or retire!

There are several things out on eBay right now that will be fun to watch. The big boys are going to be dishing out buckets of cash this month. 

Chase the Chuckwagon box

Halloween box

mint Swordquest Waterworld box

prototype maybe 1 of a kind Waterworld box

i made my laughable bids to play along, but I can’t wait to see final $$$ on each of these.  

Edited by Atari_Bill

36 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

There are several things out on eBay right now that will be fun to watch. The big boys are going to be dishing out buckets of cash this month. 

Chase the Chuckwagon box

Halloween box

mint Swordquest Waterworld box

prototype maybe 1 of a kind Waterworld box

i made my laughable bids to play along, but I can’t wait to see final $$$ on each of these.  

I'm watching all of those. Wondering if the CtCW and Halloween box seller is a member here. He sold over $800 of empty boxes in the past 24 hours!

5 minutes ago, cvga said:

I'm watching all of those. Wondering if the CtCW and Halloween box seller is a member here. He sold over $800 of empty boxes in the past 24 hours!

Wow, I didn’t see some of those.  He took a bath on a few of those auction.  They went waaaaay under value.