IGNORED

Funny / Stupid / Crazy / Lame Auction Listings

nofrills100

Was looking at 5200 consoles to see what they are worth on ebay.  Found this.

ebay

He paid 19.99 at goodwill and he is aking 65 on ebay.  If it works then its a good find and yes its worth 65.  But untested, really?  If it does not work then return it to goodwill.  They do credit at least.  Or at least remove the good will sticker.  Don't let people know you paid 19.99.  They will feel bad.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2023 at 5:11 PM, 0078265317 said:

Was looking at 5200 consoles to see what they are worth on ebay.  Found this.

ebay

He paid 19.99 at goodwill and he is aking 65 on ebay.  If it works then its a good find and yes its worth 65.  But untested, really?  If it does not work then return it to goodwill.  They do credit at least.  Or at least remove the good will sticker.  Don't let people know you paid 19.99.  They will feel bad.

I must be out of the loop.  When I saw $65,  I thought maybe it wouldn't look too bad...I expected a scuff or two,  but Jesus!  That thing looks like it was pulled from a Shitpile!

Seriously,  if something from a cat's litter box looks cleaner than the console,...Don't buy the console!  Your time is worth money too,  and how many hours do ya wanna spend cleaning that up?

4 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

I must be out of the loop.  When I saw $65,  I thought maybe it wouldn't look too bad...I expected a scuff or two,  but Jesus!  That thing looks like it was pulled from a Shitpile!

Seriously,  if something from a cat's litter box looks cleaner than the console,...Don't buy the console!  Your time is worth money too,  and how many hours do ya wanna spend cleaning that up?

Its just a few marks on the exterior shell.  Its all there and no cracks.  And even has the controller door.

Edited by 0078265317

55 minutes ago, 0078265317 said:

Its just a few marks on the exterior shell.  Its all there and no cracks.  And even has the controller door.

I agree, what appears to be a large crack is really decorative pinstriping, and the chunks of missing plastic are advanced cooling mods.  People pay good money for those kinds of upgrades.

• Haha 1

On 3/29/2023 at 3:36 AM, nopaybob said:

I certainly didn't read every syllable, but...Well, that's an interesting way to sell an Atari 800, huh? (Not that it sold)...  I might agree with him some, but when you list a rambling wall of BS text like that;  It really makes you look like just another nut job on the internet.

On 3/29/2023 at 2:36 AM, nopaybob said:

A buddy of mine who has nothing to do with retro gaming shared that auction with me. 

I guess it's making the round in various discussion sites like reddit, Facebook, etc.

I'm not a shrink but reading that description, I have to think the seller is... unwell.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 4:58 PM, bfollowell said:

Very strange.

Aww, I clicked on it fully expecting "a person who is known by three letters who, if you say those letters or his name, returns to AA with a massive flood of unhinged page-long posts repeating his own name every other word."

You all know who I mean, and I genuinely caution anyone who replies to this to PLEASE DO NOT POST HIS NAME OR INITIALS.

• Haha 1

On 4/4/2023 at 12:33 PM, Cebus Capucinis said:

Aww, I clicked on it fully expecting "a person who is known by three letters who, if you say those letters or his name, returns to AA with a massive flood of unhinged page-long posts repeating his own name every other word."

You all know who I mean, and I genuinely caution anyone who replies to this to PLEASE DO NOT POST HIS NAME OR INITIALS.

Beetlejuice.

Beetlejuice.

Beetlejuice.

• Haha 1

On 4/4/2023 at 12:33 PM, Cebus Capucinis said:

Person or maybe an 80s rap group?

https://thevogue.com/artists/kmd/

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...