IGNORED

Snider-Man's 12 DAYS OF ATARI GIVEAWAY - DAY 6!

Snider-man

DAY 6 PRIZE:

UP425495.jpg

The complete 2600 Epyx Collection consisting of Summer Games, Winter Games, and California Games!

Today's contest is one I’ve titled “Clueless.” Why? Because I will NOT provide you with instructions on what you’re to do! Let’s see how clever you guys (and gals) truly are!

Below are eight sentences. Do some stuff, then post another list of eight to this thread. First to correctly read my mind, figure out the relevance of these eight sentences, and then post a correct list of eight items to this thread wins the cart package.

(Yes, it’s vague and confusing. I told you the contests get harder from this point on! But look at the prize up for grabs. C'mon, you can do it! Think!)

I will give you this hint: There’s a hint as to the concept behind this day’s game within one of the sentences. That should make this easy.

Here the typical rules clarifications:

1. You may only post your list once. More than one post and you shall be disqualified.

2. As before, you may not edit your message. If your list is corrected or edited after you've posted it, it shall be voided. (That way, someone won't immediately post some gibberish, go research, then come back and correct it - effectively making them "first.")

(In case anyone needs a reminder of the rules, go here.)

OK, here we go:

THE CLUELESS LIST:

1. My own farthest son.

2. Light tennis.

3. A winey anagram.

4. Bill’s levers.

5. New shirt, geek.

6. A coachman sees luster.

7. Sent ore filth.

8. A homestretch, sir!

Good luck gang!

We have a winner! Keir was the first to post a corrected list of UNSCRAMBLED CHRISTMAS CAROL TITLES to this thread and wins the Epyx Cart Collection.

I was hoping someone would make the connection between these two concepts.

* It’s Christmas Time, for Pete’s sake. ;) Some of these games have had a Christmas theme.

* The word “anagram” appears right there in Item 3.

Once you knew what was going on, all you had to do was puzzle them out yourself or go to any one of many on-line anagram solvers. Here are the correct answers:

1. My own farthest son. = FROSTY THE SNOWMAN

2. Light tennis. = SILENT NIGHT

3. A winey anagram. = AWAY IN A MANGER

4. Bill’s levers. = SILVER BELLS

5. New shirt, geek. = WE THREE KINGS

6. A coachman sees luster. = HERE COMES SANTA CLAUS

7. Sent ore filth. = THE FIRST NOEL

8. A homestretch, sir! = OH CHRISTMAS TREE

If Keir will PM his name and address, I’ll get the prize in the mail to him. Of course, Keir is now ineligable to win any of the other conetsts in the 12 DAYS OF ATARI, except for the Big Day 12 Giveaway that’s open to everyone who enters. ;)

When we come back tomorrow, here’s what’s up for grabs:

UP425497.jpg

Brand-new, in the shrinkwrap TRON and WARGAMES videos (VHS format)! Wow, a set of classic 1980’s videogame movies!

Well, we’re halfway through the contests. Hope everyone is having fun. See you Saturday.

all my bags are pack and i'm ready to go. i'm standing here out side the door i hat to wake you p up to say goodbye. BUt the dawn is break and its early morn. Taxies waiting, he's blowen his horn. Already i'm so lonesome i could die. So kiss me and smile for. Tell me that you'll wait for me. HOld me like you'll never let me go. Cause i'm leaving on a jet plan don't know when i'll be back agin. Oh babe i hate to gooooooooo.

Man that was quick. I thought you said you were making these harder?

I swear I thought this would go on for an hour, minimum, before someone made the connection and figured them out. (Although it DID go 30 minutes, so that's something.) Heck, if Thomas was here, it would've been over in 10 minutes. :)

Well, we'll see how the gang handles the remaining 6 days. Day 12 will be the big test of wits and initiative. ;)

Hey Mark! I didn't recognize you, did you change your username? Anyway, thanks.

I thought this would go on for an hour, minimum, before someone made the connection and figured them out.

If it's any consolation, I happened upon the thread 5 minutes after you posted it. :D