IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Yep. Saw that. Threw up a little in my mouth. He typically triggers that reaction.

Found this item on eBay last week tucked inside of a B-17 Bomber box...

ITAcover.jpg

ITAman.jpg

ITAback.jpg

Was just a regular Hong Kong edition of B-17 and wasn't marked as any kind of international release so the Italian manual was a surprise. The voice translation key on the back cover is really cool.

Very cool! I love unexpected finds like this. ??

• Like 1

Nice variant pickup! You're gonna get sucked into the vortex! Just wait!

Thanks! But that is still pretty unlikely for me. I've decided to spend my post-Original 125 completion dollars hunting for homebrews rather than variations. While I'm not chasing a complete set of all past and future homebrew games, there are enough new titles coming out that I'd rather put my limited hobby resources towards those vs. slightly different versions of things I already have. I do not see anything wrong with variant hunting. In fact I consider it vital to preserving the history of our favorite system. It's just that I do not have the means to have such a large scope for my personal collection. This becomes even more true for me with the Amico on the horizon.
I have to allocate those dollars carefully :thumbsup: ;)
  • Like 3

A couple more things:

Space Hawk NIS signed (2 copies) - https://www.ebay.com/itm/302986724468

One more Lounge Trio package (Lives/Rocks/HiFi) - https://www.ebay.com/itm/302986731240

This is the last Lounge Trio, I promise. I do have a few opened Intellivsion Rocks to get up after I make sure they are readable.

One concern I have is that Congo Bongo came with a hang-tab on top of the box. It seems strange that Sega would manufacture a box designed for hanging and then shrinkwrap it. I am no expert with sealed Intellivision games (I avoid sealed games, in fact) but my gut says that the store sealed it back in the day, not Sega.

• Like 2

Test cartridges time!!! New labels just printed up for all of these:

Intellivision V4.1a Video Test Cartridge (Auction) - https://www.ebay.com/itm/302988132880

Intellivision MTE 201 Test Cartridge (fixed price) - https://www.ebay.com/itm/302988127054

I am going to try to get the very last Flashback up later today (#79 of 79) in the full package we sent out before.

• Like 3

I'm selling a group of 7 ROM variant cartridges, if anyone's interested:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254017808295

I had these squirreled away in a drawer for years. Never got around to checking them until recently. None of these are undiscovered, but some may or may not be hard to find in cartridge form. Offered for the die-hard ROM variant collector :)

Equivalent Reference Set Filename CRC32 checksum LTO Flash Display Name Description

AUTORACE.BIN B35C1101 Auto Racing (Real Steering) White label; realistic steering variant

BasketEZ.BIN 518979C9 NBA Basketball White label; “easy play” variant

BKSTBALL.BIN 81E7FB8C NBA Basketball Blue logo label with heavy ROM shell; standard play variant

SuperProFootball-TimingBug-Bsr.BIN 32076E9D Super Pro Football Timing bug variant

Checkers-Sound2.BIN 243807E2 Checkers (First Release) Buggy version w/ shorter razzz sound (i.e. not version on Intellivision Lives)

unknown E00D1399 Lock ‘n’ Chase (6K (variant)) Variant of 6K version (not “LockNChase_2.bin” or “LockNChase-6K.bin”)

LasVegasPokerAndBlackjack-1979.BIN 604611C0 Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack (1979) 1979 copyright variant

Edited by classic-videogames

That seller has quite a few nice things - many in shrink that appears​ to be valid from the period based on price stickers, etc. Hard to tell if any of the stickers are under the shrink, though. Prices are not low, though.

One concern I have is that Congo Bongo came with a hang-tab on top of the box. It seems strange that Sega would manufacture a box designed for hanging and then shrinkwrap it. I am no expert with sealed Intellivision games (I avoid sealed games, in fact) but my gut says that the store sealed it back in the day, not Sega.

This is the second shrinkwrapped Congo Bongo from this seller... first one sold for a cool $485.

Growing up we had a discount seller in our small rural town called "Dock 44". They still sold Intellivision items, new, well into the 90s. I wouldn't be surprised if a seller like them, 20 years ago, would shrink-wrap items to keep contents from falling out and make it look nicer for buyers.

I'm still waiting for the stash of unsold items to pop up at a garage sale or estate sale in town... I'm sure there's some gems to be found in Kansas of all places.

Common for stores to shrink-wrap games to prevent the little bastards from taking the carts home. :-) Toys R Us did it and KB Toys did it.

Even if the plastic seal was added later, it still served to preserve the box and hang tab. That's one of the best condition Congo Bongo boxes I've seen.

I have a beautiful NIB not shrink-wrapped Congo Bongo...but another may be in order.