IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

13 hours ago, Lathe26 said:

A rather grimy Nintendo at that! Mine looked that way until I gave it a cleaning. Or maybe it looks that way again and I've regrimed it. (Is "regrimed" a word? It should be.)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Masters-of-the-Universe-The-Power-of-He-Man-Intellivision-1983-w-Box-Overlays-/154818304634

Not cheap and not great condition, but haven't seen one of these in a while.

Yah that really doesn't come up that often 

3 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Yeah, pretty hard to find the MotU II in good conditions (and affordable price indeed).

Dunno if @scalpel saw it, there was one complete in bad conditions at 80€ three weeks ago on leboncoin.

This one on Ebay it’s the second (the first being the abovementioned one) that I saw in the last two years…

I don't remember to tell the truth

By the way, I have to check all my MOTU soon. I have a few. I could trade/sell one. 

On 10/30/2018 at 8:43 PM, Atari_Bill said:

I doubt this is probably anything significant, but I had never seen this version before and took a shot that it might be a bit of a rarity. I still haven't been able to find a picture of this exact one online after doing some searching. Part # 2609-0920 (D). Anyone have any info on it? Interesting that there are no Intellivision markings on the unit itself and no label on the cartridge. Very generic looking overlays in the controllers as well (if they are overlays). Looking forward to getting this to investigate further.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MATTEL-Electronics-Intellivision-Master-Component-Operating-Instruction-Manual/264013514550?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Hey Bill, i found your old post about 2609-0920(D). I just received one in a lot of games i purchased with an early system. Did you find out any good info about it?

As you stated, the system on the cover has no markings, nor does the cart. The TV pictured looks to be black & white even! The controller keypads are not gold and look way different than what was released (those are not overlays as there is no plastic above the slide frame of keypad). Copyright Mattel, Inc. 1978.

Did you also notice where it says "TV set Not Included" is the same text font as the text on FCTVVO game boxes? All of this info plus the fact that I got this manual with a low 13,000 serial# 2609 unit & 4 FCTVVO games makes me believe this is an early Master Component manual for the test market. Did you come to the same conclusion?

It is obvious the pictured 2609 unit on manual cover is an early mockup before gold keypads, system panel lettering, or game labels.

20220201_160831.jpg

Edited by Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Hey Bill, i found your old post about 2609-0920(D). I just received one in a lot of games i purchased with an early system. Did you find out any good info about it?

As you stated, the system on the cover has no markings, nor does the cart. The TV pictured looks to be black & white even! The controller keypads are not gold and look way different than what was released (those are not overlays as there is no plastic above the slide frame of keypad). Copyright Mattel, Inc. 1978.

Did you also notice where it says "TV set Not Included" is the same text font as the text on FCTVVO game boxes? All of this info plus the fact that I got this manual with a low 13,000 serial# 2609 unit & 4 FCTVVO games makes me believe this is an early Master Component manual for the test market. Did you come to the same conclusion?

It is obvious the pictured 2609 unit on manual cover is an early mockup before gold keypads, system panel lettering, or game labels.

20220201_160831.jpg

Yes Roger that's the manual that came with the earliest systems I believe. My #111 unit came with the same manual. 

• Like 1

So cool.  Now i need to find an early box for the system. I saw one a couple weeks ago on ebay but i missed the end of auction.

Have you guys opened it up? Are all internals the same? I dont know if i should leave it as is or replace the keypads. The discs and side buttons are well used and falling apart. Thoughts?