IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

The box looks pretty rough inside that stupid plastic case, look at the edges. WATA rating is only a 6. So is being WATA rated adding to value even if the rating is low?

Like if a beat to hell box inside a case was only rated a 1, would it still be more valuable because it was rated?  The whole WATA thing seems like a total scam indeed.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Steve Jones said:

The box looks pretty rough inside that stupid plastic case, look at the edges. WATA rating is only a 6. So is being WATA rated adding to value even if the rating is low?

Like if a beat to hell box inside a case was only rated a 1, would it still be more valuable because it was rated?  The whole WATA thing seems like a total scam indeed.

The problem is that the cost of grading and associated shipping is at least $40, so that's the starting price for pretty much anything graded.  No one should be grading anything that's worth less than $100 on its own.  That MLB is worth maybe $10 and the grading adds nothing but the cost of grading.  Scam indeed.

5 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

The problem is that the cost of grading and associated shipping is at least $40, so that's the starting price for pretty much anything graded.  No one should be grading anything that's worth less than $100 on its own.  That MLB is worth maybe $10 and the grading adds nothing but the cost of grading.  Scam indeed.

I find the whole grading process unnecessary.  I only started collecting vintage systems (and repairing them) for my own personal use and reliving nostalgia of acquiring stuff I had growing up. The prices are a bit disturbing as of late for all vintage products as I collect for Apple II, C64, Tandy, 2600 and intellivision and I suspect 'these grading systems are designed to drive prices even higher. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, magnificat said:

I find the whole grading process unnecessary.  I only started collecting vintage systems (and repairing them) for my own personal use and reliving nostalgia of acquiring stuff I had growing up. The prices are a bit disturbing as of late for all vintage products as I collect for Apple II, C64, Tandy, 2600 and intellivision and I suspect 'these grading systems are designed to drive prices even higher. 

They are. 

20 hours ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Thats because its a scam and they have no idea what they're doing.

I often see these WATA slabbed Intellivision Inc. games and there is no mention on the label that it's Intellivision Inc. - it just says "Mattel Electronics".  Nevermind that an Intellivision Inc. Backgammon or Roulette would be much more desirable than the Mattel version.  You are right, they have no idea what they are doing. And, I know, they don't care.  

11 hours ago, Morpheus said:

I don’t know.  That seller seems to have an awful lot of “record breaking” auction results.  Not sure I trust that as a true value. 

15 hours ago, Morpheus said:

3 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

I don’t know.  That seller seems to have an awful lot of “record breaking” auction results.  Not sure I trust that as a true value. 

Yah that's a weird one to me. Sealed inty 2's usually come up a few times per year. I've bought lots of handhelds from the seller and he's a good seller. 

23 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

Yah that's a weird one to me. Sealed inty 2's usually come up a few times per year. I've bought lots of handhelds from the seller and he's a good seller. 

That’s the thing….   I’ve seen many perfectly normal auctions from them while at the same time seeing more than normal HUGE $$$$$ auctions too.  I don’t quite know what to make of it. 

10 hours ago, stupus said:

Good seller as in he makes himself lots of money. He has lied left and right in the past. I would not hesitate for a second to think he would even reglue that box shut.  

Total huckster in my book.

Really? That sucks. I've bought lots from him over the years and haven't had any issues. Weird. 

5 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

And gone.  They don’t last long. ?

I went to check it out right after you posted it... it was already sold. Pricey though... Ive already been Duped twice thinking i might get one. Both times they were regular units with the shielding removed. So im always hesitant.

Wonder who nabbed it.

13 hours ago, MonsterSky said:

Looking at a picture of that auction, trying to catch if it could be a tutor board or not I see this details:

image.thumb.png.3e0581b6e33ccaf4dd4f80edb3368439.png

compared to the tutor board of my Super Pro it seems the same chip in the same location:

image.thumb.png.d1d4be154e6654fb24c8204ece6f5dca.png

even if the big capacitor has a different color. May be an hint?

imageproxy.php?img=&key=f4dcc336a70d5c68

We still can't know if it would be a full tutor or partial though, Right? Without opening the case?

On 3/30/2022 at 9:42 AM, cmart604 said:

Really? That sucks. I've bought lots from him over the years and haven't had any issues. Weird. 

I mean i dont think he is 1 to not follow through on deals. I have bought items from him in the past and they arrived fine.

It's more that he lies about the origin of his things and the rarity and just ridiculously hypes his stuff. Definitely a big flipper who claims this is all stuff he has had for years etc etc.

He tries to corner items too like others have done in the past....robotkingnes, happiestseller, etc. Buying up all the ones that come up and then listing a bunch of the same things at super high prices to create artificial rarity for specific items.

Not a practice I like to support.

I would love to get one of these in the collection however the risk seems high in not actually getting one. Price is not so much the issue for me I just don't want to pay the price for a non TutorVision. 

35 minutes ago, BBWW said:

I would love to get one of these in the collection however the risk seems high in not actually getting one. Price is not so much the issue for me I just don't want to pay the price for a non TutorVision. 

Unfortunately we have to take chances to find them sometimes. (Im looking too... although i thought price on that one was too high being that it was unsure if it was Tutor pro.) If it is for sure, i would pay it to have one in my collection.

Ive already took a chance on 2 previously and have been disappointed. Maybe eventually.

10 hours ago, MonsterSky said:

Having the console you could use the FW diagnostic cart to test if is a full Tutor Vision without opening it.

Right, but it seem before buying one the only thing we can know is its a partial tutor. Unless the seller can open it or test it.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 2:19 AM, Morpheus said:

Sold, just have to wait and see if it gets graded.

2 hours ago, roadrunner said:

Sold, just have to wait and see if it gets graded.

Wow!

Bit sad to see that Amico became stuff to be collected even before making to the market…??

I paid that Limited Collector’s Edition 8 games pack approx 180 bucks, 22,5 bucks each, shipping included.

That one got sold at 95 bucks… Wow!!!

How much it was the original price in the US?