IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

On 8/4/2022 at 12:40 PM, Kamikazi26 said:

It was 99.9% mint…

they never came sealed. 

I had the money, I really wanted it, and I was happy to buy it.  “To me” it was worth what I was willing to pay. 

Mine was $950 in 2019 but it's maybe an 8/10. Still I felt lucky so I get the whole "It's worth it to me" vibe. Totally agree there!

To have one THAT mint is a real treasure too. You did well.

• Like 1

Is this someone on here?  This is a great idea and looks very nice.  Completely out of my price range, but I wouldn't mind doing this on some individual games like AD&D and some of the original titles that had Jerrol Richardson's artwork on them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293762822174?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=unk8SZIxRAy&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=2Da4PhWQQMO&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

12 minutes ago, IMBerzerk said:

Is this someone on here?  This is a great idea and looks very nice.  Completely out of my price range, but I wouldn't mind doing this on some individual games like AD&D and some of the original titles that had Jerrol Richardson's artwork on them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293762822174?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=unk8SZIxRAy&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=2Da4PhWQQMO&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

He’s been trying to sell that overpriced item for many years now.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kamikazi26 said:

He’s been trying to sell that overpriced item for many years now.  

Yeah, it's waaay out of the reality ballpark, but I really like the design.  Not too hard to do this yourself.  Michael's can do the cutting and framing for a good price with a coupon. 

Does anyone reprint the old boxes still?

2 hours ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Do we know that the boxes were cut up?

Theres alot of room under that matte. They may be just patially folded. The full game carts are entirely below the matte also.

A European (Dutch?) seller on eBay was unloading a pretty nice collection a while back.  Most, if not all, of the boxes had been defaced similarly.  These were among them.  It's a nice display and honestly probably the best outcome for them, but that price is bonkers.  It would be cheaper to buy them complete or sealed, cut them apart, and make one yourself ?

6 hours ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Do we know that the boxes were cut up?

Theres alot of room under that matte. They may be just patially folded. The full game carts are entirely below the matte also.

The front and the back of the boxes are visible at the same time.  Maybe they only cut where the boxes were glued, but the boxes were at a minimum disassembled.

6 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

A European (Dutch?) seller on eBay was unloading a pretty nice collection a while back.  Most, if not all, of the boxes had been defaced similarly.  These were among them.  It's a nice display and honestly probably the best outcome for them, but that price is bonkers.  It would be cheaper to buy them complete or sealed, cut them apart, and make one yourself ?

Yes, it was a Dutch reseller that was asked by a dutch collector to sell his amazing collection of games with… cutted boxes!

I even got in touch with the seller and asked him if it was possible to rebuild the cutted boxes with the glue, but he told me that some parts of the boxes were missing, impossible to rebuild.

Such a shame, it was so sad to see so many nice pieces destroyed forever…

3 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Not sure about the value.. that's speculative. That League of Light has an Activision cart (which only originally came in a handfull of them).

But, all of those that got the Activision cart treatment also had the box sleeve. They were only made 2 ways, mattel style cart with regular box & Activision cart with sleeved box. Never a combination of the 2 (that i can remember).

Its possible someone made it into the cart later.

post-31049-0-96062000-1453483045.jpg

20220810_074838.jpg

Edited by Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Not sure about the value.. that's speculative. That League of Light has an Activision cart (which only originally came in a handfull of them).

But, all of those that got the Activision cart treatment also had the box sleeve. They were only made 2 ways, mattel style cart with regular box & Activision cart with sleeved box. Never a combination of the 2 (that i can remember).

20220810_074838.jpg

Thank tou very much Rog!

That’s very interesting…

It means that we have two variants of League of Light, I didn’t know…

And Robot Rubble too right?

I’ll check my copy, it’s probably a Mattel like one, don’t remember exactly…

1 minute ago, Kamikazi26 said:

Those activision style carts are so much sexier!

I agree.

Note about the boxes... they were made large enough to accept the sleeves... so any of them could be changed over very easily.

The Activision carts were kind of a pain, but could be done.

8 hours ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

20220810_074838.jpg

Hey Roger,

On @Rev’s Homebrews list there are Robot Rubble and League of Light published by you in 2005 and by him in 2019.

Were his releases with Mattel cartridges and yours with Activision cartridges and black trays inside the box?

Thanks a lot!🙏

2 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Hey Roger,

On @Rev’s Homebrews list there are Robot Rubble and League of Light published by you in 2005 and by him in 2019.

Were his releases with Mattel cartridges and yours with Activision cartridges and black trays inside the box?

Thanks a lot!🙏

Kind of yes & no.

Yes Rev's were mattel style carts...

But, so were the majority of the ones Chris & I produced. For a few collectors i offered to make them in Activision carts along with Activision sleeves. So theres only about 10 of each out there that i made in Activision shells with box sleeve.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just thought I'd share this one for sale from our collection. We had 3 and couldn't find a trade for KBC stuff. So we thought we sell one. These are storage tapes for the original Keyboard Component.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325294129856?hash=item4bbd0a82c0:g:fDAAAOSw5zBikqEb

• Like 1

On 8/10/2022 at 8:47 AM, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

I can't speak for originally, but when I picked up Robot Rubble 2nd hand years later, it was a Mattel style cart with regular box, and a surprise bonus unassembled Activision cart.

On 7/4/2022 at 8:20 PM, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

It looks to be a TutorPro from what i see.

The large Capacitor is visible... so it doesnt have shielding. My guess is an INTV88 board.

Sweet Grab Bill!

Congrats.

Make sure you let us know your findings.

Finally got a chance to test and shockingly it is a full Tutorvision with correct exec!   Sweet!

• Like 4

On 8/18/2022 at 4:01 PM, MauAnouk2012 said:

...now on ebay. ...🤪

ebay.thumb.png.21edb8318be4dd8a309d0b205d7678e3.png

514110814_ebay2.thumb.png.a310bd28e8c5bdd0e431fe276eaad944.png

.... make a bid ... starting price 🤑

...I hope it is a mistake .... otherwise it would be the world price record  🙃 🤣

The seller writes that he wants to contact someone called FROST and he thinks that this is the only way to do it. So he made the auction so expensive that nobody buys it.

Edited by Intymike
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1