IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

2 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I have one as well.  They're totally a thing, if you're into stickers as variants.  So what if there's a marker crossing something out instead of a sticker?  Still a variant,?

Some games have an early box with an error that's either crossed out or has a sticker added.  If there's a newer box fixing the error, then I say it's a variant, but if some of the early boxes made it out into the wild before being corrected and your comparing the one with the hand-made correction vs the uncorrected, it's not really a variant, unless you're the hardest of core collectors 😁

I personally do not see the addition of a decal to be cause to call a game a "Variant".. (Unless something has changed about the game, or a vital production change. Example would be the red "NEW" decal on some games. The "NEW" decal does nothing at all to change the game.. we already know it was New at some point. The game, specs, and box remain the same with or without that decal.. ( ...= Not a Variant!). A true variant would be a change in gameplay, vital specs (size, style, graphic, color or typo) on (box, cart, manual or overlays) , different country of origin or pertinant differences printed on box.

But, the decal you have on the Popeye box does change something important.. the Origin of Production! So I Do see that as a true Variant, just as if it were produced in Hong Kong, or Taiwan.

.. So there is a difference. Not all decal'd games are variants. Ateast this is how i see it. You have to draw the line somewhere.

I think that decal on Popeye box makes it a true Variant.

I belive the marker crossing out text is also a "Variant" as long as it was done by company producing it. An example would be the back of the Early Buzz Bombers box by mattel where they marked out "1 or 2 can play". This is a variant to me.. as it was done during production by Mattel because of the text error.

20220827_152531.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, scalpel said:

It's Popeye, International edition. Have a look to the sticker to the second one. Can we consider it as a variant ?

Is it a "new" variant ?

IMG_7091.jpg

IMG_7092.jpg

Yep it’s real. 👍🏻 Not new, just maybe underreported. And definitely a variant. (Or at least in my collecting brain it is. ) 😂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

PXL_20221223_043001424.thumb.jpg.37e1eabe60fb39a9a46aab74c4bd633e.jpg

It’s definitely a very sexy sticker Folks! 😍😍😍

New Variant!!!👍👍

Hope to find one sooner or later…

It’s impossible to have a unique meaning for "Variant"…

To me, anything (including a black marker strip to cover a wrong "for one or two players") done by the producer or national distributor on the box, cartridge, manual or overlay qualifies as "Variant".

But this is my personal trick to have an almost endless list of games to collect!🤪🤣

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

Yikes. Why would someone do that? 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

This can't be an Intellivision game.  You can tell by the lack of overlays 🥺

Well, i agree overlays would have been nice.

But staying true to the other Parker Brothers games, it does not have them.. yet.

Maybe once i get finished with my current project, ill produce a set for members for free.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

But staying true to the other Parker Brothers games, it does not have them.. yet.

Maybe once i get finished with my current project, ill produce a set for members for free.

I like the sound of that Roger! 👍🏻

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Maybe once i get finished with my current project, I’ll produce a set for members for free.

I love the way you think sir! Great to have Mr trooper back!