IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

14 minutes ago, the1hatman said:

I am a sick man for wanting to buy this simply because I have some theories as to how I can restore the box art without making any cuts...

eBay Item: 325637177714

Thankfully the price is prohibitive enough keep my nerd sensibilities at bay for now.

That would be a tough undertaking. Looks as though it may have been one of the INTV games where they originally pasted another title to the box (which they did as they started to run out of boxes). About 15 years ago i sold a couple i had. One was a Mountain Madness like this one, with a Slam Dunk manual pasted to it. I wonder if it could be the same box?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

That would be a tough undertaking. Looks as though it may have been one of the INTV games where they originally pasted another title to the box (which they did as they started to run out of boxes). About 15 years ago i sold a couple i had. One was a Mountain Madness like this one, with a Slam Dunk manual pasted to it. I wonder if it could be the same box?

This is one I still need for the 125.  Guess I'll pass.

8 hours ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

I was wondering if it were that or it was stored with other games front to back and some moisture caused it to stick and tear away when finally separated. Since there are no other signs of water damage on that box, I'm thinking you are correct.

7 hours ago, vtadave said:

This is one I still need for the 125.  Guess I'll pass.

If you want to try for it, I'll be happy to attempt to fix that box for you at no charge. I wouldn't pay anywhere near the $195 they're asking for it though. Unless you can get them to come down about $60-70, I'd pass and wait for an undamaged copy to come along.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, the1hatman said:

I was wondering if it were that or it was stored with other games front to back and some moisture caused it to stick and tear away when finally separated. Since there are no other signs of water damage on that box, I'm thinking you are correct.

If you want to try for it, I'll be happy to attempt to fix that box for you at no charge. I wouldn't pay anywhere near the $195 they're asking for it though. Unless you can get them to come down about $60-70, I'd pass and wait for an undamaged copy to come along.

I'll probably get insulted for offering $70. I'll wait.

53 minutes ago, Omnibro said:

This is one i still need too.

I was close to what you offered. I was at 110 and got the same auto decline thing.

I think the issue here is the seller believes they have a rare game that is complete in box. In reality, they do not. 

You have to ask yourself as a seller, "Who wants to buy my item?" In the case of this copy of Mountain Madness, that would be the people who either play or collect Intellivision games (most of us do both). People wanting to simply play the game on original hardware will only value the cart. They don't want to pay a premium for a box and manual they don't need especially when those are so damaged that they can't flip them to cover for the cart they actually wanted**. Collectors will want a CIB copy because this helps complete their collection. The issue they likely see with this listing is that they will still need to replace the box with a better condition version to satisfy their collection. In effect, it makes this "CIB" listing no more attractive than a plain cart offering to them. Since these carts go for between $80-120 on their own, the market is basically nonexistant for this particular offering at nearly $200 as neither target group will value it anywhere near the full CIB price one would expect an undamaged boxed copy to bring. 

I think your offer of $110 was actually pretty solid considering the condition of the box and manual, which is also in rough shape. I'm not saying neither has any value. The manual can likely be flattened out again and the box does make for a nice placeholder. But neither would fetch anywhere close to full value in their current state. A nice reproduction box would be just as good a placeholder as this original damaged one at less than $25. Either way, you'd still need to source a replacement to consider that item checked off in your collection.

**Ever see a rare original empty game box for sale on eBay and wonder how it survived the ages while the cart didn't? What usually happenes is the seller only wanted the cart and knows they can flip the box and manual for most of if not even more than the cost of just the cart. Makes building a cart only 125 even cheaper than you think.

• Like 4

It wasn't too long ago when I remember a decent number of those empty Mountain Madness boxes with mild damage selling for about $20-30 each.  I think price climbs steeply with quality for rare games, but that's a pretty unsightly gash of the front.  Not worth paying a premium.  If I were going to be spending $200-300 for one these days, I'd want a pretty nice copy.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, vtadave said:

Humm…🤔🤔🤔

4 days to go, 8 bidders, 27 bids, 76 bucks…

It doesn’t look like an easy deal dude…

Good luck!💪💪💪