IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

1 hour ago, Atari_Bill said:

That one really made me sad!  😢

why would anyone do this?  I don’t get it.  

My hope is that these were all damaged boxes and this was the best salvage job they could do. Doesn't look like it though. My assumption is that these were done decades ago before they had any real collectable value and someone just wanted to have all the same size boxes.

One more reason why someone needs to do a run of gatefolds for all the post Mattel games that never had them. Would be an awesome way to store loose rare carts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the1hatman said:

My hope is that these were all damaged boxes and this was the best salvage job they could do. Doesn't look like it though. My assumption is that these were done decades ago before they had any real collectable value and someone just wanted to have all the same size boxes.

One more reason why someone needs to do a run of gatefolds for all the post Mattel games that never had them. Would be an awesome way to store loose rare carts.

Oh the horror!   Now there’s Mud Buggies & both Learning Fun in Frankenstein boxes.  😭

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Atari_Bill said:

Oh the horror!   Now there’s Mud Buggies & both Learning Fun in Frankenstein boxes.  😭

By the looks of the old tape, fading, & maybe bong residue.. it was done decades ago. Maybe when these games were only $10 each! There was no way they could know they were defiling thousands of dollars in rare boxes. 

giphy95720g7C1jz13wI95fixed95width001951541971784229.gif

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Well, we must admit that gatefold is really easy to handle...

May be he was just a lazy gamer…🤣

This is what I was thinking.  The INTV boxes are a pain to use compared to gatefold.  It did take some effort to make these, but why bother with the Imagic boxes.

On 8/30/2023 at 10:17 PM, Sinjinhawke said:

Just happened to be on eBay this afternoon and saw this small lot of loose games for $15.00.  Had to jump on it.

Wonder what the unlabelled cart will be.  

My rule of thumb is that any unlabeled Intellivision cartridge I see in an auction is Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack. That way I'm always pleasantly surprised when it's something else. Seriously hoping you hit on a Spiker! I'll make you a replacement label if it is  👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the1hatman said:

My rule of thumb is that any unlabeled Intellivision cartridge I see in an auction is Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack. That way I'm always pleasantly surprised when it's something else. Seriously hoping you hit on a Spiker! I'll make you a replacement label if it is  👍

I think i could arrange an authentic one

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Someone in the Western US who is going to PRGE should buy these and bring them to Portland and then we can take bets and try them out at the Inty booth and see who wins the pot. 

• Like 3