IGNORED

Changing controller mapping Kid'c Controller (Use joystick)

Eddie

I don't know anything about 2600 ASM or ROM hacking, but like to hack 2 of the Sesme Street games (Big Bird and Cookie Mon) so the controls map to a joystick instead of the keypad (Kid's controller).

Big Bird is just left/right and Cookie Mon is standard 5 (up/down/left/right and button).

Can anyone help with this?

• 3 weeks later...

I did some more joystick conversions. In this folder:

- Alpha Beam With Ernie (PAL and NTSC)

- Big Bird's Egg Catch (PAL and NTSC)

- Cookie Monster Munch (PAL and NTSC)

- Holey Moley (NTSC) proto

Joystick Conversions 2.zip

Holey Moley will also now start (or restart when you are dead) by pressing the firebutton. This game is fun once you get the hang of it. If you have a real old version of the Stella Emulator then you might have to upgrade Stella to make this rom work properly. Otherwise pull out your Harmony cart and enjoy!!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Omegamatrix, thanks for these joystick hacks.

I noticed a bug in the Alpha Beam With Ernie hack. If you try to move while beaming a letter to the shuttle, the game gets mixed up.

I added the code that checks for this from the original back into the hack.

There is still a bug that appears to be part of the original, but you almost have to try and do this one one purpose. On game 6 (and probably 7 & 8 ), if both players try to beam the same letter to different places on the rocket at the same time, the will succeed. Since it was in the original, I decided it wasn't worth the time it would take me to try fixing.

EDIT: Screenshots and ROM removed because of Atari sending cease and desist letters to Andrew Davie (atari2600.org) and pps (ppsberlin.de). Although a sample apology letter from Atari can be found here, I don't want to take a chance of them coming after me.

Edited by dwane413
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I did some more joystick conversions. In this folder:

- Alpha Beam With Ernie (PAL and NTSC)

- Big Bird's Egg Catch (PAL and NTSC)

- Cookie Monster Munch (PAL and NTSC)

- Holey Moley (NTSC) proto

attachicon.gifJoystick Conversions 2.zip

Holey Moley will also now start (or restart when you are dead) by pressing the firebutton. This game is fun once you get the hang of it. If you have a real old version of the Stella Emulator then you might have to upgrade Stella to make this rom work properly. Otherwise pull out your Harmony cart and enjoy!!

These are awesome and work on the Atari Flashback Portable.

• Like 1