IGNORED

Merry Christmas - Atari SAP Music Archive v3.4 is out!

pseudografx

Hi to all fans of the Atari music,

As an early Christmas present, here is the new update of our Atari music archive with an astounding number of 1024 new songs! The archive now contains 3862 songs to listen to, which equals to over 6 days and 15 hours of listening.

Have a nice holiday time with listening to ASMA!

Download at http://asma.atari.org

Edited by pseudografx

ASMA is very impressive collection. Today I discovered the AsmaDB and flash player. Thats a very cool feature on your website!

On the other side I prefer to use my Atari as the "natural playback device of choice". For this it would be very nice if I could download (next to the SAP module) the underlying tracker module. Because of the nature of how SAP works I understand that this is not possible for all SAP-file. But where there is an MPT, CMC, TMC, RMT or whatever available it would be nice to have it. Or are there easy toosl to extract the original tracker-modules out of the SAP container with little or no manual intervention?

grtx,

\twh

As an early Christmas present, here is the new update of our Atari music archive with an astounding number of 1024 new songs! The archive now contains 3862 songs to listen to, which equals to over 6 days and 15 hours of listening.

Edited by twh/f2

On the other side I prefer to use my Atari as the "natural playback device of choice". For this it would be very nice if I could download (next to the SAP module) the underlying tracker module. Because of the nature of how SAP works I understand that this is not possible for all SAP-file. But where there is an MPT, CMC, TMC, RMT or whatever available it would be nice to have it. Or are there easy toosl to extract the original tracker-modules out of the SAP container with little or no manual intervention?

Hi twh,

The trouble is that maintaining such a huge archive is quite exhausting, and adding more "agenda" to it would be just unbearable. I could send you the source files I have individually but do not expect me to create and maintain an ASMA-like structure of the source files :-)

Actually, music written in popular programs (such as MPT, CMC, RMT and TMC) can be easily extracted to their original formats using ASAP. But what about all the other like Munns' or other "nonstandard-formatted" tunes? The MAY exist as binary files but often they use some weird memory locations... So maybe keep .sap format and give Sapemu program a try. icon_smile.gif

@pseudografx:

Thanks for releasing 3.4 icon_smile.gif All of us deserved it so much. icon_thumbsup.gif

Greetz!

miker

Edited by miker

Congrats on the update, ASMA rocks !

I found some interesting tune in the new playlist

MSX 5 by DEX. I'm astonished by the played drumchannel there.

What tracker could do that?

Not sure how it was composed - it shows as a digital player though.

AUTHOR "Rafal Pucinski (Dex)"
NAME "Msx 5"
DATE "199?"
TYPE D
INIT 04E3
PLAYER 0503
TIME 04:58.47 LOOP

He's got a few with digital in his folder.

Plus the IRQFreq should jump around indicating samples are probably playing.

How are you supposed to tailor these for real machine? I thought you could just trim the header from the file and use the Init/Run address that's in plaintext.

AFAIK the init address is called once and the player address is called by SAP player 50 times per second if not redefined by FASTPLAY setting in the header. Don't know if it is different when samples are used. Just look into sap.txt in asma docs directory.

I found some interesting tune in the new playlist

MSX 5 by DEX. I'm astonished by the played drumchannel there.

What tracker could do that?

Dex composed his tunes in CMC and then in MPT (MusicProTracker), which allows to use one or two digi-voices (for one digi-voice theres is also choice between 7,5 and 15kHz sample mixing rate).

Edited by miker
  • Like 1

Hi, Tonight I was playing some of the files in the ASMA archive. Drag&Drop onto the Windows SAP desktop shortcut. And then I accidentally dropped one of the files onto a different desktop icon called 'VLC media player' and it played the tune. I normally only play DVD's with this player. I knew that WinAmp would play SAP files, but this was a suprize..

http://www.videolan.org/videolan/