IGNORED

Snider-Man's 12 DAYS OF ATARI GIVEAWAY-DAY 7!

Snider-man

DAY 7 PRIZE:

UP425497.jpg

Brand-new, never-opened videos (VHS formet) of those two classic 1980's videogame movies: TRON and WARGAMES!

Hi contestants! I took some time from sending out my Christmas cards to post yet another game for you. I thought I'd base today's game on - what else? - my Christmas cards! Below is the cover of a Christmas card I'd LOVE to send out next year. Each letter in the words "MERRY CHRISTMAS" are taken from the label of an Atari 2600 cart (US releases). Your job is to identify the 14 carts I took these images from. I'd like to see a list as follows:

M - CART NAME

E - CART NAME

R - CART NAME

R - CART NAME

Y - CART NAME....

...And so on. First to correctly identify all 14 carts correctly wins the prize package. (I think this will be a fast one, so stay sharp!)

Here are some rules clarifications:

1. As mentioned, they're U.S. cart releases. I didn't mix it up with any PAL releases, pirate carts, Brazil releases, etc. All are straight U.S. releases. Also, no recent homebrews. All were released "in the day." If you think it's a homebrew cart label, you're wrong.

2. As before, you may only post your guesses once. More than one post and you shall be disqualified.

3. Again, you may not edit your message. If your list is corrected or edited after you've posted it, it shall be voided. (That way, someone won't immediately post some gibberish, go research, then come back and correct it - effectively making them "first.")

(In case anyone needs a reminder of the rules, go here.

And now, next year's Christmas Card! Good luck!

UP430391.jpg

Congratulations to CPUWIZ who was the first to post the correct names of the Christmas Card carts. The correct answers are:

M - Gremlins

E - G.I. Joe

R - Venture (Venture II is NOT acceptable. No 'homebrews/hacks.')

R - Tapper

Y - Strawberry Shortcake

C - Commando

H - H.E.R.O.

R - Carnival

I - California Games (The "I" is a palm tree on the label!)

S - Squeeze Box

T - E.T.

M - Miner 2049er (Vol. 1, not Vol. 2)

A - Spider-Man

S - Tax Avoiders

If CPUWIZ will PM me his address, I will get his prize in the mail. Keep in mind that - if you win any prize - you are now ineligible for further contests with the exception of the Day 12 Giveaway - if you've entered, that is. ;)

When we play tomorrow, here's the prize up for grabs:

UP425498.jpg

A set of still-in-the-box, never used, brand-spankin'-new Atari 2600-compatible joysticks! See you then!

DARN IT! VENTURE stumped me and I had to spend six minutes looking it up, otherwise I'd have had it. Oh well.

Really? Venture was the first that jumped out at me. I had trouble with Tapper, Squeeze Box and Tax Avoiders.

I thought Tapper was really easy. Venture was the only one I didn't get right of the bat. I KNEW I'd seen it, but couldn't place it.

FWIW, it's from the Coleco release and I have the Atari red label one. I have all the other carts except Gremlins, so I'd see them all fairly often. Plus, I work with typefaces all the time, so that kind of thing sticks in my mind anyways.

Great contest though!! And I still have four more days to win something!

:D