... also bought these:  

8 members have voted

1. 1. So which one should I get next?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Dantes Inferno

God of War III

Castlevania

Conan

All of the above are like Heavenly Sword in terms of style (action beat em up)

I finished Heavenly Sword a while back. While the combat engine was a little goofy I loved the story and the mini games in between. Underated game by some people, I think it was pretty sweet. I'm glad I got it.

Thanks! I didn't have a closer look at Conan or Dantes Inferno yet :)

If fast paced third-person acrobatic fighting is your thing then I strongly recommend Bayonetta. Can be picked up very cheap and it's just astonishing.

That's very good to know, since I already have it sitting ready to go on the shelf ;)

Thanks! I didn't have a closer look at Conan or Dantes Inferno yet :)

If fast paced third-person acrobatic fighting is your thing then I strongly recommend Bayonetta. Can be picked up very cheap and it's just astonishing.

That's very good to know, since I already have it sitting ready to go on the shelf ;)

I finished all of the games except for Bayonetta, Devil May Cry 4 and Castlevania which I have played quite a bit but havent finished due to destractions (all three).

I also own an finished Ninja Blade for the 360 and both Ninja Gaiden Sigmna's for the PS3. I also finished all Devil May Cry's and Onimusha games on the PS2. I was there waiting in line when Ninja Gaiden Black came out for the Xbox. Played through it at least 3 or 4 times.

Without trying to sound like a prick I'm a big action game fan and consider myself pretty knowledgable and insanely opinionated on the matter. ie. I will rip a game if I think it sucks in some way and spew sparks on games I think kick ass. I still love all of them though. Whatever you want to know about action games, come see me.

:P

(Im not kidding though....besided RPG's I'm an action game freak from hell)

Heavenly Sword was an Excellent game, all I can say from your above list is...

DO NOT BUY LAIR!!!

Conan was a lot of fun, gets repetative but I liked it.

What was wrong with Lair?? If you didn't like the sixaxis control they patched it to use the thumbs. Either way I think its a pretty good game & cheap now too! :roll:

• Like 1

DO NOT BUY LAIR!!!

What was wrong with Lair?? If you didn't like the sixaxis control they patched it to use the thumbs. Either way I think its a pretty good game & cheap now too! :roll:

I never played it with the patch and wasn't aware of it. If it is playable now I will go pick it up because I really wanted to like it, that game was horse-shit with the 6 axis control scheme. I guess it is dirt cheap now too so I got nothing to lose. I paid $60 for it and was disapointed to say the least.

DO NOT BUY LAIR!!!

I never played it with the patch and wasn't aware of it. If it is playable now I will go pick it up because I really wanted to like it, that game was horse-shit with the 6 axis control scheme. I guess it is dirt cheap now too so I got nothing to lose. I paid $60 for it and was disapointed to say the least.

Unfortunatly it still wasnt playable for me. I sold it soon after they patched it, I was upset cause it had so much potential to be good.

I could not for the life of me get used to the controls.

Dantes Inferno

God of War III

Castlevania

Conan

I finished Heavenly Sword a while back. While the combat engine was a little goofy I loved the story and the mini games in between. Underated game by some people, I think it was pretty sweet. I'm glad I got it.

yeah, steering arrows into peoples eyes is still the greatest thing ever as far as modern games. :D

Dantes Inferno

God of War III

Castlevania

Conan

yeah, steering arrows into peoples eyes is still the greatest thing ever as far as modern games. :D

I loved that part of the game. It was so cool. :P

Bullet time arrows smacking into a guards skull. Even when you hit them in the leg it was cool. I would then let another arrow fly and finish them off. Great stuff. I would try and down as many enemies like that before I got into battle.

What was great was when you guided your arrow through a flame, like a torch and it caught fire. Fun!

Since Uncharted is winning by a landslide, I tried the demo.

I wasn't overly impressed with it though. What I saw there was basically some very easy platforming parts intersected with rather uninspired cover-shooting sequences. The latter also felt pretty awkward to control, but maybe I'm way too used to smooth Wiimote aiming over fiddling a cursor with an analog stick into place.

I hope the overall gameplay of Uncharted is much more diverse or are the shooter parts the core mechanic on which the whole game is built?

Since Uncharted is winning by a landslide, I tried the demo.

I wasn't overly impressed with it though. What I saw there was basically some very easy platforming parts intersected with rather uninspired cover-shooting sequences. The latter also felt pretty awkward to control, but maybe I'm way too used to smooth Wiimote aiming over fiddling a cursor with an analog stick into place.

I hope the overall gameplay of Uncharted is much more diverse or are the shooter parts the core mechanic on which the whole game is built?

Well, one thing you have to take in to consideration with Uncharted is it was one of the first games made for the system so in the beggining it blew a lot of people away with it's amazing graphics/etc... The PS3 has come a long way since then but if you like a good Indiana Jones style adventure, with a story that keeps you interested and excited, you will like it :)