IGNORED

Looking for more interesting Genesis carts

atari2600land

I need some recommendations for the Genesis. I already have some titles, and would like some cool platform or puzzle games. Here's what I have so far:

Animaniacs, BlockOut, Bubsy II, Bugs Bunny, Caesar's Palace, Columns, Cool Spot, Cyberball, Dr. Robotnik, Ecco, Garfield, Hard & Race Drivin', Jungle Book, Klax, Pac-Man 2, Ristar, Roadblasters, all the Sonic games, Taz, Trampoline Terror, ToeJam & Earl 2, both Vectormans, Arcade Hits, & Virtual Pinball. Any stand out games I'm missing?

Alisia Dragoon, Columns III (so much better than the original!), Rampart (some people hate this because it's not quite like the arcade, but I think it's actually more fun), Gunstar Heroes, Starflight (one of my favorite games ever... watch for battery failure, though), Phantom 2040.

Castle of Illusion and World of Illusion are both great. Kid Chameleon is a great platformer. Chiki Chiki Boys is another good one.

You already have Columns and BlockOut, which are the two puzzle games that came to my mind.

Chris

Edit: Yes, Starflight is awesome. I didn't mention it because I was thinking only of platformers and puzzle games.

Edited by Jibbajaba

Mutant League Football and Hockey. Streets of Rage 1 and 2 (I never cared for 3), Vecter Man 1 and 2, and Truxton. The spelling is likely off on all of that, but I'm tired and at work, so I can't get the games to be sure I'm right on all of that. The point stands, great games. Many of the above games are also great, these are just the ones I didn't see in those list.

"Dragon's Fury" is worth getting even if you're not a pinball fanatic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbRyeqaYWIc

I heard it's butchered compared to the JP Devil Crash. Aside from the censorship, the background and some enemy graphics were changed from the worse and there's a bug that's only in the western version.

I need some recommendations for the Genesis. I already have some titles, and would like some cool platform or puzzle games. Here's what I have so far:

Animaniacs, BlockOut, Bubsy II, Bugs Bunny, Caesar's Palace, Columns, Cool Spot, Cyberball, Dr. Robotnik, Ecco, Garfield, Hard & Race Drivin', Jungle Book, Klax, Pac-Man 2, Ristar, Roadblasters, all the Sonic games, Taz, Trampoline Terror, ToeJam & Earl 2, both Vectormans, Arcade Hits, & Virtual Pinball. Any stand out games I'm missing?

Any interest in RPGs? I noticed a lack of Shining Force and Phantasy Star on the list.

I recommend the Shinobis (including Shadow Dancer), Streets of Rage, Streets of Rage 2, Thunder Force III, Golden Axe, Golden Axe II, Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Strider, Road Rash, Road Rash II, Ms. Pac-Man (remember to hold the mode button down when turning the game on up to the Sega logo when using a six button controller), Space Harrier II, Lightening Force, Fire Shark, Truxton, Alisia Dragoon, Gunstar Heroes, Contra Hard Corps, Gain Ground, Rocket Knight Adventures, Gauntlet IV, Lotus II, Earthworm Jim, Aladdin, Herzog Zwei, Atomic Runner, Rolling Thunder II, World of Illusion, and Quackshot.

Are you interested in sports games? If so I recommend Sports Talk Baseball, Arnold Palmer Tournament Golf, World Series Baseball '95, and PGA Tour Golf III.

Edited by BrianC

Super Hydlide. Dont let anyone fool you, the games frigging awesome. Just get one with a manual so you dont complain that you dont understand why you bought a buncha armor at level 1 and cant walk anymore.

Mystic Defender. Awesome action game

The Phantasy Star series (If you like those kinda games)

Dune (If you like Dune)

Dungeons and Dragons

Maximum Carnage (If you like Marvel comics and beating stuff up)

Also, as was said, Rocket Knight Adventures. That game is sooooo awesome.

The original poster might prefer "Shadow Dancer" if he'd rather his ninja games be short and arcadey. The graphics are superb but the game isn't as deep as the other two Shinobi titles. The final boss is the only real frustrating part... and did take me awhile to defeat.

It's been almost 20 years since I've played "Super Hydlide" but I recall liking it. I think there is some added realism that pisses off players who aren't used to that... objects have weight and make you slower, etc.

I love this music from "Super Hydlide":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0Z9hmZLaeE&feature=more_related

Just look at my sig and see the games I have that you don't. :D

It's been almost 20 years since I've played "Super Hydlide" but I recall liking it. I think there is some added realism that pisses off players who aren't used to that... objects have weight and make you slower, etc.

I love this music from "Super Hydlide":

Theres day/night, weight, you have to rest at the inn, there are good/evil monsters....

your average retard gamer doesnt want to do that they just want to kill all moving objects and win the prize.

Hydlides a really awesome game with above average music. Some of the best on the Genesis.