IGNORED

PS3 Backwards Compatibility question

Underball

My old PS2 had an option in the system config section to enable fast disc reading for PS1 games. I've read where this feature was mostly unnoticeable, and occasionally caused issues with audio stuttering on some games.

But one game it was needed for was Return Fire PS1, without that feature enabled, the game locks up.

Unfortunately that option no longer exists in the PS3 (in O/S version 3.55 anyway) and as a result this game locks up right after the vehicle selection screen.

Did this option ever appear in any older version of the PS3 firmware?

My old PS2 had an option in the system config section to enable fast disc reading for PS1 games. I've read where this feature was mostly unnoticeable, and occasionally caused issues with audio stuttering on some games.

But one game it was needed for was Return Fire PS1, without that feature enabled, the game locks up.

Unfortunately that option no longer exists in the PS3 (in O/S version 3.55 anyway) and as a result this game locks up right after the vehicle selection screen.

Did this option ever appear in any older version of the PS3 firmware?

When I first got my PS3, it was a late 2.XX firmware (can't remember...), and I don't think it had that option. Only polygon smoothing.