IGNORED

Atari 8-bit related BBS(s)

svenski

Just a reminder for the Atari BBS community zoom chat for Sunday, April 7th 2024 at 3pm Eastern.

For more information and the proposed agenda, go to http://www.ataribbs.com/zoomchat

This is also the link to the zoom meeting itself (it will automatically forward from 15 minutes before until four hours after the meeting starts).

As you well know, the agenda is always subject to change and the whims of whoever actually attends, but what is planned is...

- Followup discussions on AtariAge BBS Guru Club threads.
    - FANSI (ANSI editor for the ST) install and brief demo.
    - How to use a real dial-up modem to call an internet BBS...
    - ... using a new toy! The Viking DLE-200B Two-Way Line Simulator - Get yours here -> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004PXK314?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I apologize for the late notice but still I hope to see you there!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Atari BBS list at http://www.sfhqbbs.org/ataribbslist.php now has fTelnet links for all BBSs, using Atascii (or ANSI) for 8 bit BBSs and ANSI for ST BBSs!  Just hit the blue fTelnet button under Links with their listing.  Let me know if you encounter any issues (except for a busy message, I can't help it if Atari BBSs are popular!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Just a reminder for the Atari BBS community zoom chat for tomorrow, Sunday, May 5th 2024 at 3pm Eastern.

For more information and the proposed agenda, go to http://www.ataribbs.com/zoomchat

This is also the link to the zoom meeting itself (it will automatically forward from 15 minutes before until four hours after the meeting starts).

As you well know, the agenda is always subject to change and the whims of whoever actually attends, but what is planned is...

- Nothing.  I have a lot of ideas, but I'm going to leave it up to those who attend to decide. :)

Looking forward to seeing all of you!

Also, since it's the day after May the 4th be with you, and Cinco De Mayo, and the day before Revenge of the 5th....

Corona or Dos Equis will be the "Beer of the Day" for those who imbibe, and try to play a Star Wars themed game while we chat!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/24/2024 at 4:23 PM, Ripdubski said:

Somehow I missed the whole bingo card.  lol

You will get another shot at it for International Baud Day!! And it will be here before your know it... Its also the same day as The International Day of Neutrality 😃

• 1 month later...

$$$"'Ss, ,sS"'$$$ $$$"'Ss, $$$"'Ss,
  $$$  $$$"$$$  $S' $$$  $$$ $$$  $$$,.
.,$$$  S$$ $$$"'Ss, $$$""""' $$$  $$$
  $$$"'$$$ $$$  $$$ $$$  $$$"$$$"'$$$
  $$$  $$$ $$$  $$$"$$$  $$$ $$$  $$$
  'S$  $S' 'S$  $$$ 'S$gS$S' 'S$  $S'
                $$$
        ,sS$$"$ $S' ,sS$$"$$Ss,
        $$$$$ $  ,s $$$$$ $$$$$
        $$$$$ """"" """"" $$$$$
        """"""$$Ss, ,sS$$""""""
        '""^$ $^""' '""^$ $^""'
        $Ss,   ,sS$ $Ss,   ,sS$
        'S$$$g$$$S' 'S$$$g$$$S' .tk
           P O R T   5 2 0 0
   [_\|/_] We're back, baby! [_\|/_]

On 10/21/2018 at 10:56 AM, _The Doctor__ said:

Dear Thomas Johnson,

We are sorry we did not heed your words and keep all files intact.... we probably used single sided single density disk.... it's likely you had more than one side and/or used 1050 or better density for the tutorial to be on.... Please forgive us. Have mercy and pretty please dig around to find all the parts of Action! and BBS Express PRO! tutorials you made oh so long ago.

Thank you,

The Express Pro Community!

Hi everyone. This is Thomas Johnson who wrote the Action! and BBS Pro tutorial back when I was 16-17 years old.  I know I am 6 years late to this thread, but I just found it.😀

When the tutorial was first released, each lesson was like tutor003 and had an equivalent prog003 that had a more complete program that demonstrated that lesson's concepts.  The final prog file had a full rolodex/phone book application.  I did a search and it is easy to find the tutor program, but the prog files are lost forever. 

And I did finish the BBS Express Pro tutorial too with examples.  I think the final prog file for the Pro! part was a poll manager used to create online polls and store user's answers.  I think it was only 4 files.  Because most of writing for Pro! meant swapping a standard Action! function for a Pro! one.  Like Print() printed only to the sysop screen.  The new Pro! function to print to the sysop screen and the modem was Echo().  But those files look lost forever too.

And you are correct, I used a Trak AT-D2 double density drive for all my disks.  Who needs a 4 terrabyte drive when all I needed fit on 180K.  Well, maybe a cut notch to make it double sided.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Bikerbob said:

IceT800.. is there a manual around? do any of the 80 col. terminals do Atasci? I have syncterm on the PC.. but anyone on the real hardware?

James

I'm trying to remember if one of the ones I used as a kid that handled 80 col also handled ATASCII... but BobTerm worked with the XEP80, and there are some others that might also work with it.

Might be something worth exploring during one of our calls.

Just a reminder for the Atari BBS community zoom chat for tonight, Sunday, August 4th 2024 at 3pm Eastern.

•     Status on VCF Midwest - It's getting much closer now!
  •     Looking at Josh Renaud's amazing IGS article series part one! Find it here -> Here
  •     As usual, we tend to hear from our UK & European friends on the Sunday call!
  •     Disk Archiving - SoulBuster's efforts and the Adventures of the Greasy Weazle
  •     835 Modem Demo with Telelink II (If everything cooperates)
  •     Project(s) Status(es) (If you're working on something, share it with us!)
  •     What do you want to see on the next call?
  •     And whatever else we find ourselves discussing!
  • Like 1

On 12/16/2023 at 7:55 AM, bf2k+ said:

I've been running 2.1a since 1999...

Hey Abdul, Boot Factory is down and ...

I want my Boot Fac t'ry!  

(said like I want my Mtv)

1 hour ago, doctorclu said:

Hey Abdul, Boot Factory is down and ...

I want my Boot Fac t'ry!  

(said like I want my Mtv)

We lost power here a little while ago... all is well now!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just a reminder for the Atari BBS community zoom chat for Sunday, September 1st 2024 at 3pm Eastern.

At the last meeting we introduced a slight change in the format.  Going forward, we will reserve the first few hours for Atari/Tech/non-controversial discussion.  After that, it's game on as we've always done.  This is to accommodate those who are new in joining us who may have no interest in such non-Atari things while still being true to being a "group of friends" enjoying a safe space to discuss things that might be taboo in other venues.  There won't necessarily be a strict "time limit" but we will essentially announce that "the smoking lamp is lit".  Until that time we'll do our best to limit the topics to our shared love of Atari and retro computing.

•     The Pre-VCF Midwest Planning Call!
  •     What we have so far for VCFMW - Table locations and demo plans.
  •     Project(s) Status(es) (If you're working on something, share it with us!)
  •     Beyond that, it might be a shorter call since I have lots to still do before VCF Midwest
  •     We will be scheduling a call from VCFMW... be on the lookout!
  •     And whatever else we find ourselves discussing!

Hope to see you there!

15 hours ago, Tillek said:

Just a reminder for the Atari BBS community zoom chat for Sunday, September 1st 2024 at 3pm Eastern.

At the last meeting we introduced a slight change in the format.  Going forward, we will reserve the first few hours for Atari/Tech/non-controversial discussion.  After that, it's game on as we've always done.  This is to accommodate those who are new in joining us who may have no interest in such non-Atari things while still being true to being a "group of friends" enjoying a safe space to discuss things that might be taboo in other venues.  There won't necessarily be a strict "time limit" but we will essentially announce that "the smoking lamp is lit".  Until that time we'll do our best to limit the topics to our shared love of Atari and retro computing.

•     The Pre-VCF Midwest Planning Call!
  •     What we have so far for VCFMW - Table locations and demo plans.
  •     Project(s) Status(es) (If you're working on something, share it with us!)
  •     Beyond that, it might be a shorter call since I have lots to still do before VCF Midwest
  •     We will be scheduling a call from VCFMW... be on the lookout!
  •     And whatever else we find ourselves discussing!

Hope to see you there!

What I nice 1090XL demo and explanation session we had today!

• Like 1