IGNORED

Atari 8-bit related BBS(s)

svenski

Yep, besides the 850, I also could use the Black Box, MIO or ATR-8000. I was just hoping that the PRC would work for BBS's as the generic BootStrap Loader for the 850 also works on the PRC for terminal programs like 850 Express, even the DTR is raised.

It just might have to do with the 5V Current might not suffice if using a PRC and SIO2SD combined...

• Like 1

Well, I have an announcement to make:

The Resistance! is now The Resistance Cove!

I did this for obvious reasons. I like a cove in a Bay.

Also, it was because Donald Trump secretly told me to do it with his covfefe tweet!!!

Listen up CNN, It was SECRET CODE, You'd better get them to spend millions more taxpayer's money on yet another witch hunt.

:)

Edit: I must not forget to post the address, just in case anyone wants to 'investigate'. :)

Telnet://broadway1.lorexddns.net Port 23.

Static IP: 23.25.83.98

/shameless promotion mode off/

Edited by Kyle22
  • Like 4

After working on the Gateway program a bit, I'm testing the terminal mode by running a test BBS on Altirra, but it's not working yet!

I modified BBS Express! 850 to work at 9600 baud which works on a Atari 800 with the 850 connected to the UDS-10.

BBS EXPRESS! 9600.ATR (BF2k's BBS on a Stick)

In Altirra, I have the 850 emulation set to FULL and have the TCP\IP modem installed, but it doesn't answer the connection, any ideas? I did modify BBS Express! 850's Modem Init string to AT S0=1 to Auto Answer.

• Like 1

After working on the Gateway program a bit, I'm testing the terminal mode by running a test BBS on Altirra, but it's not working yet!

I modified BBS Express! 850 to work at 9600 baud which works on a Atari 800 with the 850 connected to the UDS-10.

attachicon.gifBBS EXPRESS! 9600.ATR (BF2k's BBS on a Stick)

In Altirra, I have the 850 emulation set to FULL and have the TCP\IP modem installed, but it doesn't answer the connection, any ideas? I did modify BBS Express! 850's Modem Init string to AT S0=1 to Auto Answer.

Works fine with 850 set to None - Emulated R: Only

Edited by Triads
  • Like 1

Telnet://broadway1.lorexddns.net Port 23.

Static IP: 23.25.83.98

/shameless promotion mode off/

My message bases are F'd up, and I don't know what to do about it. I have rebuilt message bases and still no good. I think e-mail works.

Any ideas?

Ahhh that must be why the BBS did not answer today. Well, good luck in getting it fixed.

Is the Y2K issue with TDLine or BBS Express! ?

In Altirra I'm using the R-Time8 device and it's showing The Day of Week off by 1 day. Is this the bug you speak of or ???

I use Tom Hunt's TDLINE which is fixed. I can't remember... is TDLINE used with BBS:Express 850 or just Pro?

• Like 1

Is the Y2K issue with TDLine or BBS Express! ?

In Altirra I'm using the R-Time8 device and it's showing The Day of Week off by 1 day. Is this the bug you speak of or ???

TDLine has a Y2k issue and was fixed with....

http://www.mixinc.net/atari/download_a8/sdcom.htm

I don't know if this fix has the same problem displaying the date with ; in the year like the one from the BF2k site... but it's worth a try.

Ahhh that must be why the BBS did not answer today. Well, good luck in getting it fixed.

It's up now. As in just now. I haven't tested messages yet.

It took an hour or so to backup the C: drive over SIO at divisor 0, that's 125KBaud. Still waaaaaay faster than 19.2 :)

Sorry if anyone had a problem. I discovered I left HSIO turned on in the BIOS. I turned it on when doing the backup last night. It's off now. Why is HSIO in the BIOS an issue with a PBI hard disk? I don't get it. It is a real problem, and it happens every time I turn HSIO on. Note/Point error in messaging.

Why won't those guys be human and release the source code so we can fix this, and lots of other things? It would be so nice to be able to run under SDX. :)

I use Tom Hunt's TDLINE which is fixed. I can't remember... is TDLINE used with BBS:Express 850 or just Pro?

Yep. BBS:Express 850 uses it too...

TDLine has a Y2k issue and was fixed with....

http://www.mixinc.net/atari/download_a8/sdcom.htm

I don't know if this fix has the same problem displaying the date with ; in the year like the one from the BF2k site... but it's worth a try.

Those 2 files tdline and tdline50 are an exact byte match with the tdline used in SpartaDos 3.2g.

Tom Hunt's CTH Tdline works fine in Altirra...

attachicon.gifaltirra-cth.JPG

Just copied that over to BBS:Express 850 and it's working fine. Thanks :)