IGNORED

PS3 encryption keys now on the net

HammR25

Not sure why your Motorstorm didn't update.

My son brought over CoD: Black Op's (which I didn't have on the PS3) last night and I updated it fine. I got a message like yours that said something about being on PSN but I just hit the BACK button, a very short black screen appeared, and then it updated. Others report on other sites that they are updating games also.

Maybe Motorstorm is different in some way.

Mendon

And to think this was a console everyone had to wait an extremely long time to get, at a high price initially. The fun never stops!

the irony is that they did the same with the PS2. Fat model had Linux kit support, slim model did not

difference was that since online play was not that popular and there was the modchip, one could distinguish between hacker, pirate, region hacker, freebie gamer, enthusiast etc.

Now with online all have access to the PS3 making things even more confusing.

PS3 initially should have been without OtherOS support at a cheaper price, like the PS2 and one should be charged extra for buying the kit. No harm done this way.

PS3 initially should have been without OtherOS support at a cheaper price, like the PS2 and one should be charged extra for buying the kit. No harm done this way.

They could have left off the Blu-Ray player as well.

That's why we waited an extra year for the PS3, so Sony could try and convince us Blu-Ray was going to replace DVDs and everyone would need a Blu-Ray player to be hip.

Then high def streaming came along. :cool:

The premium PS3 could have easily launched at $299.99 instead of $499.

I completely agree with that.

I thought the OtherOS feature was nice. I remember putting yellow dog on it but after a while I was like why bother? I have my PC for emulation which is a million times better as well as my Xbox, Wii , DC etc....

The Motorstorm site says I have to be connected to PSN to get the update so I'll assume that's the problem. My game save got corrupted anyway so I'm not really looking forward to jumping back into a brand new career anyway.

I copied the corrupt save to a flash drive then deleted it from the PS3 and now the update works fine.

Now that the hackers have also taken down PSN, shouldn't the subtopic read: Hackers 2, Sony -5,000,000 icon_ponder.gif

you'd think they'd at least get a whole point for every individual's personal info that they've compromised.

77,000,001, Sony -5,000,000

I guess the new word is that we're all getting a 30-day psn plus trial that we'll all have to unsubscribe for later. I feel that we all should have had one of those when it was first rolled out, but at least it's better than my predicted PSN @home virtual tee shirt.

I won't be going for it if my legal rights are compromised in doing so, and I'll sure be reading the new ToS agreement that I'm sure they're putting the final touches on. I'd imagine there's a pretty clause in there about allowing "outside entities" to sometimes gain access to my personal information for the purposes of identity theft. (really I think they'll just reword what they have to remove the specifics of it being to "provide content")

Oh and I still hope anonymous hits them again the second they're back online. I'd pay money to see Sony suffer. Sony go home.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

I wish people had something better to do then arguing about consoles and dogging on them all the time. If you do not like said console, why intentionally try to piss off people who do like the console by stating such things in a public forum. Honestly videogames are supposed to be fun, not something that people should fight over.

I wish people had something better to do then arguing about consoles and dogging on them all the time. If you do not like said console, why intentionally try to piss off people who do like the console by stating such things in a public forum. Honestly videogames are supposed to be fun, not something that people should fight over.

You're right. PS3 is no fun anymore, and all it does is drive up my blood pressure.

Fanatec is out of their 360 wheels ATM, but they will have them back at the end of the month, giving me enough time to work this all out. If I go ghetto and use my current wheel stand, and pedals, I can switch to 360 for only $550 + shipping. It's really not all that much in the grand scheme of things, and the game I want is a pack-in.

Then I could be looking forward to forza 4, instead of giving myself brain cancer trying to will AIDS upon a pack of japanese businessmen.

For nostalgia, here's a thread I started when PS3's current price drop happened (to $299). It's titled 'why ps3 rocks.' Link.

Edited by Reaperman

You're right. PS3 is no fun anymore, and all it does is drive up my blood pressure.

Fanatec is out of their 360 wheels ATM, but they will have them back at the end of the month, giving me enough time to work this all out. If I go ghetto and use my current wheel stand, and pedals, I can switch to 360 for only $550 + shipping. It's really not all that much in the grand scheme of things, and the game I want is a pack-in.

I assume you mean buying the 360 and the wheel for $550 combined. Shipping is only $10 for Fanatec stuff. It's a standard price no matter what you order from them. You'd be really ghetto if you only spent $250 on the Fanatec wheel since that doesn't include the H-pattern shifter so you'd be using the paddle shifting for everything.

I assume you mean buying the 360 and the wheel for $550 combined. Shipping is only $10 for Fanatec stuff. It's a standard price no matter what you order from them. You'd be really ghetto if you only spent $250 on the Fanatec wheel since that doesn't include the H-pattern shifter so you'd be using the paddle shifting for everything.

I know, but even $550 is a lot to try and slip past the wife, who will certainly raise some extremely valid counterpoints along the lines of me 'just sucking it up.' The idea was to start with that setup and upgrade bits during the holidays.

Or maybe I should just look for a used Miata instead, and get my midlife crisis over with early. I pretty much only play driving games on modern hardware anyway, and it's not like I need 4 seats.

Edited by Reaperman

• 2 weeks later...