IGNORED

Hotdog Available Now - New Platformer / Mascot Game

Willard

Received my copy today. Sure a fun platformer to play!

So what do you think? Bubsy for the Lynx? :P

When was this game developed anyway?

Thats a curious question; it does look a lot like Bubsy, although I only seen gameplay.

But there are cons yard thing I hate in some games as a platform is that the screen scrol up when you jump, it's like in Viking Child and I think it's horrible, we can not see or we fall and we miss the enemies because of it.

Totally agree. Love the game for its overall fair challenge although a bit short. There's 1 jump so far I really cannot manage though; jumping on this swing placed above a spike pit in the 2nd level; the swing gets out of the screen once you jump resulting in a cheap death. Otherwise a neat game, and the animation of the protagonist is superb.

As noted in the other thread, all orders who have paid have now been shipped. Will be catching up to all outstanding orders by the end of today.

Totally agree. Love the game for its overall fair challenge although a bit short. There's 1 jump so far I really cannot manage though; jumping on this swing placed above a spike pit in the 2nd level; the swing gets out of the screen once you jump resulting in a cheap death. Otherwise a neat game, and the animation of the protagonist is superb.

I had a little trouble with the jump too, but there is a bone that indicates where you should jump and if you look down (down + A) on the ledge you should be able to pull it off with good timing. I agree though, still a little frustrating.

Anyway, glad to see people are pretty happy with this game so far :)

Edited by Willard

• 3 weeks later...

Beta Phase Games is happy to announce the release of Hotdog for the Lynx!

Hotdog was being developed by Lore Design from 1993 to 1995 and was eventually cancelled when Atari began to lose interest in the Lynx. The version being made available is a fully playable 8 level demo that was sent to Purple Hampton for evaluation. Hotdog features:

+5 distinct worlds (cheese, aqua, ice, palm, factory), each with their own unique enemies and hazards.

+8 complete levels, plus a boss encounter

+Many alternate routes, hidden areas and a secret level to explore!

+A variety of collectable items and power-ups

+Impressive graphics with vibrant colors and multiple layers of scrolling

The first batch of 75 copies is being produced on custom blue PLCC boards. More information can be found at betaphasegames.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORDERING INSTRUCTIONS:

Hotdog costs $35 + S&H. S&H is $4 in the USA and $5 worldwide.

For a combined shipping total please visit betaphasegames.com and refer to the "Order Details" grid on the official game page.

You may either paypal segatari@yahoo.com directly,

-or- you may first email TeamJaguarOrders@yahoo.com if you would like order confirmation first

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE CREDITS:

Paul Johnson- Art, design, level scripting and permission to distribute

Steve Mitchell- High level macro code, permission to distribute

Tim Harper- Music and Sound FX

Willard- Released by, packaging and printing

Buddybuddies- Released by

Lynxman- PCB Design and Soldering

Sage- Beta Phase Games Logo Replacement

Special thanks to Thunderbird for coordinating extra soldering in case there is additional demand

*Distributed by Beta Phase Games LLC Under Exclusive Worldwide License

New youtube videos and screenshots can be found below!

"LYNX RULES!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P65q9CndTkc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJD61Egqz0Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs4XeOclmG8

Hello

I have sent several emails to buy all three games but have not received a reply

Do you have stock?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine today (from Lynxman)! Plays fine, I like it. Good and very colourful levels, and the long "press option 1" message that was originally mentioned for the testers in 199x has, among other things, the content that actually, 35 levels and more and greater enemies had been planned...*sigh*. I think it´s a pity it wasn´t finished as planned back then and laid on ice. That one more month missing wasn´t in Atari´s budget any more? :( Could have become a Lynx Sonic.

Nevertheless, thanks to you we can play it now! I spent a good time of this afternoon with it.

Could have become a Lynx Sonic.

Lynx Bubsy.

I think it hold many more similarities to Bubsy than Sonic.

Your love for Bubsy completely baffles me :P

Hotdog was being developed by Lore Design from 1993 to 1995 and was eventually cancelled when Atari began to lose interest in the Lynx. The version being made available is a fully playable 8 level demo that was sent to Purple Hampton for evaluation. Hotdog features:

+5 distinct worlds (cheese, aqua, ice, palm, factory), each with their own unique enemies and hazards.

+8 complete levels, plus a boss encounter

+Many alternate routes, hidden areas and a secret level to explore!

+A variety of collectable items and power-ups

+Impressive graphics with vibrant colors and multiple layers of scrolling

The first batch of 75 copies is being produced on custom blue PLCC boards. More information can be found at betaphasegames.com

So... the this is the test binary sent to some reviewer? No source code? What was changed/fixed from that 'test' binary to this release?

• Like 1

For anyone who has paid for all 3 games recently, we cannot ship your order until we receive additional copies of Relief Pitcher as previously noted. Don't worry, we do keep track of all paid orders and will not forget you :)

There has been a delay on the second batch of RP because we have been very busy and the same person who is producing the RP carts is also working on our next release (and we want everything shipped to us at the same time). Unfort. our next release has caused issues because we have multiple ROMs of it and determining which one is the latest has taken longer than we though.

We also are behind on some of our hotdog orders because we ran out of clamshells, so we will be catching up to them soon as well.

So... the this is the test binary sent to some reviewer? No source code? What was changed/fixed from that 'test' binary to this release?

Purple hampton was a producer at atari; this ROM was a demo that featured 1-2 levels of every world that was going to be present in the final game. This was more or less meant for Purple to make recommendations for changes before the developers proceeded to add new enemies and generate new levels with the existing tilesets. Nothing was really fixed or changed (besides the inclusion of a Beta Phase Games logo). If you watch the youtube videos you can get a better idea of what the game is like.

For anyone who has paid for all 3 games recently, we cannot ship your order until we receive additional copies of Relief Pitcher as previously noted. Don't worry, we do keep track of all paid orders and will not forget you :)

I've been waiting for my copy of Hotdog for over a month now. Is there any delay with these carts and I'm eager to play this game.

There has been a delay on the second batch of RP because we have been very busy and the same person who is producing the RP carts is also working on our next release (and we want everything shipped to us at the same time). Unfort. our next release has caused issues because we have multiple ROMs of it and determining which one is the latest has taken longer than we though.

We also are behind on some of our hotdog orders because we ran out of clamshells, so we will be catching up to them soon as well.

Purple hampton was a producer at atari; this ROM was a demo that featured 1-2 levels of every world that was going to be present in the final game. This was more or less meant for Purple to make recommendations for changes before the developers proceeded to add new enemies and generate new levels with the existing tilesets. Nothing was really fixed or changed (besides the inclusion of a Beta Phase Games logo). If you watch the youtube videos you can get a better idea of what the game is like.

Hi

I send severals emails to TeamJaguarOrders@Yahoo.com but no answer, dou you have stock of Hotdog and Poker?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

as of yesterday we have caught up to all hot-dog only orders.

and reserves/orders for relief pitcher and poker should be caught up to relatively soon (15-30days hopefully), RP is being worked on right now.

Cheers Willard. looking forward to mine.

Could have become a Lynx Sonic.

Lynx Bubsy.

I think it hold many more similarities to Bubsy than Sonic.

Your love for Bubsy completely baffles me :P

Yep, it's moments like this that it pays to be a fan of the Bubster. ;)

Willard, great work and thanks again.