IGNORED

Strange problem when playing Gran Turismo 5

Rikkarr

Hi everyone! Recently, my dad got me an HDTV as a dorm-warming gift. It was totally unexpected, but I'm very grateful for it. I've been immensely enjoying all of my PS3 games in HD, and I have to say, its a different experience! Everything looks great, and it just seems so much more immersive. However, one of my games, Gran Turismo 5, has a problem.

When I play, there is a black bar on the right side of the screen. I can adjust the screen to stretch over to it via the options menu, but then the bottom part of the screen gets cut off.

It is a 32" Toshiba, and I am playing through component. Any help would be great! Thank you!

Edited by Rikkarr

That definitely sounds like a setting on your TV isn't set right.

First of all, I'd rerun the display setup for the PS3 so it can choose its optimal display setting. If your HDTV is a 720p set, I'd manually set it up and uncheck 1080i, as the PS3 tends to default to that for most games that support it. GT5 is one of those.

After that, check your TV settings and make sure you're showing full screen in its options. Sometimes in HD mode, a television might go to a strange setting. What brand and model TV do you have? That might help figure out what's going on too.