IGNORED

Jaguar HSC Revamped FINAL (Round 12): Pitfall the Mayan Adventure

Austin

Still, not sure if it's better than just average. It's missing a certain charm that makes it forgettable.

Agreed.. IMO there's something missing in the cart versions. The soundtrack in the Sega CD version adds quite a lot, IMO, and pushes it above that forgettable line.

Hey get a score in before the old batch of games are gone. Mine is 157,389.

I was secretly hoping you wouldn't see this thread! :D I saw you cracked the 999,999 the last time around. Looks like I'll have to give this one another go!

Yeh you should! :) I will probably not crack 999K this time because I have a lot going on and I would have to look at my Pitfall videos (that I have on Youtube) to remember how I got past one part.

All and all I love this game and think it is one of the most fun, diverse, and action packed platformers on the Jaguar.

Just wanted to try to get a game of each of the HSCs to support them. Not sure about the 2600 though. :P But got a game in for the Atari 8, 5200, 7800, Jaguar, and Lynx today.

I think the problem I have with the 2600 games is more about how they have hundreds of games, and when they are not a side shooter, you have a block, moving a block, to a block as a objective. :P

Yeh the Atari 400/800 was a day in heaven when I upgraded to gaming on that from the 2600.

• Like 1

Played a little tonight and got: 37905.

Didn't take a pic in time during the Continue/Quit screen. Ran out of health quick with bats attacking / on my face in the mines and took a sec too long to get the camera out and ready... I'll be sure to have the camera ready if I get to play again tomorrow.

• Like 1

Well, it looks like I have to sit this one out. Apparently via emulation, vital objects are missing. For instance in the pic below, my ride up!

I was wondering why getting to this point was such a pain (ropes would go missing after running off the screen, and the sandpits in the beginning did the same after I initially passed them).

@DoctorClu--Nice to see you join up fort he last one! I know you can mop the floor with all of this on this game.. :D

post-24675-129579934292_thumb.jpg