IGNORED

The strange, bizarre MMF contest HAS a winner!

MegaManFan

Jan 6th

Does the $20 you'll pay for the prize include postage?

Well I assume whatever prize is won, AA will tack on postage seperately. If somebody chooses the maximum and gets a prize worth $20 in the store I won't default on it just because shipping pushes up over $20.

As a public service, here's the list so far (I think) -- just dates, no names.

16/12

19/12

22/12

23/12

24/12

25/12

27/12

28/12

29/12

31/12

2/1

3/1

11/1

13/1

21/1

27/1

3/2

14/2

12/16 is eliminated since I didn't find any new carts today, and the LVAR Night Driver I got from Candiru doesn't count (but IS appreciated). :D

Even though I got Pac-Man Arcade in the mail today, and it was much appreciated, I said I wouldn't count carts from the AtariAge store because it would be too easy to "boost" the total and have a non-random winner. So the count of carts still stands for contest purposes still stands at 346 with 4 more UNIQUE carts to go, but with 4 label variations and Pac-Man Arcade I'm at 351 otherwise. :D

Keep on guessing. The thrifts have been dry of late so this may take longer than you or I think!

can't you find a nice flea market to go to next Saturday?   ;)

Well I will have a friend visiting for New Year's around that time, so I may take him to my favorite hunting grounds just because he's looking for some GBA games and such. Nice to have stores with a wide variety of stock. :D

I did get one unique new game in the mail today that counts (Berenstain Bears) but that only brings the count up to 347. 3 more to go, and the thrifts are BARREN after Christmas. Even the piteous amounts I saw before the holidays got wiped in the wake of them; probably (or unfortunately) due to the weak economy and everyone looking for bargains. I suspect it may actually be a long time before I get the next three now unless I make a trade with someone on AA.

As stated in my own rules, I'm disclosing that a trade has just been closed between myself and I_Love_Circus_Atari; a one-for-one swap of Frostbite for Flag Capture. The current total is 347 and when this one arrives (shipping from Canada could take 1-2 weeks) the total will go up by 1.

Additional update: I just purchased the following item via Buy It Now on eBay - Piece O'Cake. I already had a bid in on one, but when I attempted to up it to within 50 cents of this BIN I got automatically outbid (i.e. I upped it to 7.50 and it went to 8.00) so I figured this wasn't such a bad price for one of the last two US Games that I still need. This one will also add one unique game to the total; so if I don't find any unique carts other than these two the total will be 349 when they both arrive. :D

Yippee!! I may be in luck!!! Did I win?;)

Congrats, you are indeed the grand prize winner. PM me with your address and the prize $20 or less that you wanted from the AA store. Thanks to everybody who participated, and to those who guessed later dates I'm as shocked I wrapped this up before 2003 as you are!

Incidentally if you don't want a prize from the AA store, I'll offer Pitfall II as an alternate prize since I was going to sell it on eBay anyway and I'd rather see it go to an AAers hands. If you don't want it as an alternate prize I'll sell it anyway to recoup the prize cost. ;)

I guess you guys want to know what I got? Well if you send your checks or money orders to me I will be glad to tell you!! hehehe. Rn't I mean? :D

Congrats again to Shaggy. His prize choice goes in the mail Monday morning. Thanks to everyone for participating! I will now officially "un-stickify" this thread. :)