IGNORED

Dreamcast Collection

Zeptari

I wonder if the 3 games that are on XBLA already, are just going to be the same games... that would be a *real* cop out.

This is a disc release, so hopefully there's The Offspring on Crazy Taxi...

All 4 of these are either on XBLA already or coming to XBLA.

I see no reason to expect any changes for a disc release. They've even stated that the achievements are going to be the same (So just 850 points here, not 1000).

This is an XBLA compilation. If someone was interested in several of these games and hadn't bought any downloads yet, it's a pretty nice value.

Edited by Atariboy

I wonder if the 3 games that are on XBLA already, are just going to be the same games... that would be a *real* cop out.

This is a disc release, so hopefully there's The Offspring on Crazy Taxi...

All 4 of these are either on XBLA already or coming to XBLA.

I see no reason to expect any changes for a disc release. They've even stated that the achievements are going to be the same (So just 850 points here, not 1000).

This is an XBLA compilation. If someone was interested in several of these games and hadn't bought any downloads yet, it's a pretty nice value.

well with purchasing this collection at retail, there will be no worries about loosing the games or whatnot… and the disc will be available to pop in and play many years from now…

people always cry about games bring download only, and then people cry if a download game is offered as a retail disc… guess it's always loose/loose, damned if you do/damned if you don't…

I like it when a game that is downloadable to have a physical version available. I will always buy the physical copy over the downloaded version any day. that is because services are not going to be around forever to offer the game/software or change to the point to where they no longer offer it and or the downloaded version will not be available for some reason.

what will happen when your storage device goes out and now you don't have any way to get it back because that game/software is no longer provided. with a physical version you do not have to worry about if its available from any service, you only have to worry about the disk itself, if taken care of it will remain functional for far longer then any service.

The same can be said about a DRM physical copy or drm downloaded copy that require you to be logged in to a service to play them in single player mode. They better be ready to update it to make it fully playable if the said service gets taken down.

Edited by madmax2069

Was there no Offspring on the XBLA version of Crazy Taxi? Wow.. Now I'm glad I didn't buy that.

PS, on the off note, I just wanted to say that for roughly the price of this collection, I have worked up an excellent collection of *real* Dreamcast games this past week. :D

Yep, no Offspring.

Looks like this version is gonna be the same too. I'm staying away from this then.

Yeah, your options for Offspring versions are limited. There's the gamecube disc that plays on a Wii, and somebody's hacked the PSP version to play the old Offspring songs again (official released nixed them).

Wow, really? I just might go after the PSP version then.

I mean its not THAT big of a deal, because I do still have a Dreamcast. I was just hoping to get some Offspring playing while competing for times on XBL. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

I am quite interested in this one... just now its £30 and that means its £2 more than a download... I am quite interested in Sega Bass fishing... whihc was always a good laugh... I wish they had made it konnect compatable...

I will be waiting for this one to come down in price...

this would be my DC disc

Kiss Psycho Circus ( I love Kiss and this is the best and weirdest FPS on the DC)

Deep Fighter (Criterion did make games before burnout)

Speed devils (make it online this time)

Alien resurrection (this game was announced but was never released)

Speed Devils was online at one time, but they messed with the physics and the graphics weren't quite as good. Would love to see a remix of Speed Devils and Speed Devils Online someday with the best features of both for XBLA.

After reading some reviews, I see the DX version of Sonic Adventure isn't included. I just figured the DX expansion pack for Sonic Adventure would be included, which cost $5 and adds 50 achievement points on XBLA as a download.

So I thought I'd correct myself (I said it would have 850 achievement points in a earlier post). So this disc will have 50 less achievement points and lack the content of the DX additions to Sonic Adventure unless you spend $5 more to download it from the marketplace.

It makes it a slightly less attractive deal now since you're only saving $10 over downloads, rather than the $15 it would've been had that $5 expansion been included. Kind of disappointing that the retail release isn't going to be the complete package, and assuming you want the DX stuff, you only save $5 in the end going with this disc over buying it all as downloads.

Edited by Atariboy

yup.. you guys we're right..... this collection stinks!

no extra achievements, no hidden 5th game, crappy front end to load the games!

As DLC on a disc it's just OK... but as a collection, it stinks!

ohh well live and learn....

-rick

plus my friend never brought me over his DC... darn!

• 2 weeks later...

yup.. you guys we're right..... this collection stinks!

no extra achievements, no hidden 5th game, crappy front end to load the games!

As DLC on a disc it's just OK... but as a collection, it stinks!

ohh well live and learn....

-rick

plus my friend never brought me over his DC... darn!

what did you expect its SEGA... they are now pretty terrible..