IGNORED

Metal Gear Solid Collection

cimerians

I only have the one that saw an Xbox port (2 or 3?). If this includes the MSX versions of the first two games like one of the PS2 games did, I'm interested. They seem like actual games and I've always wanted to play through them, unlike the oddball videos the later "games" are with the occasional bit of gameplay tossed in to break up the cutscenes.

you know... the first time I ever played Metal Gear (well... not counting the NES carts) was on a modded PS (the first one). Someone brought over a demo version of it (although it was a foreign copy) and we played it before setting up a few TVs and playing RED Alert with a crap load of beer.

I really need to play through the second one... I can't remember if I beat that one or not.

I remember playing the GameCube remake of Metal Gear Solid and being completely underwhelmed. It just didn't feel right. The number one mistake the developers made was re-recording the dialogue. The original performances were classic! It totally changed the feel of the game for me. I guess that's why I can't get excited about remakes.

you know... the first time I ever played Metal Gear (well... not counting the NES carts) was on a modded PS (the first one). Someone brought over a demo version of it (although it was a foreign copy) and we played it before setting up a few TVs and playing RED Alert with a crap load of beer.

I really need to play through the second one... I can't remember if I beat that one or not.

LOL.

Oh yeah, beer and PS1. Those were the good old days. Some amazing games for that time period.

I remember watching my friend play the first one on PS1 and I thought it was great. I got that and the VR missions. Later, on the PS2 I was underwhelmed a bit with part 2, mainly because you played that Raiden guy for the most part. I liked the character I just didnt want to play as him the whole time.