IGNORED

2600-9s: who owns NTSC games by Bomb (z-tack, assault...)

CincYnoTi

In a spinoff of the Quadrun downgrade thread, I wanted to use this thread to discuss the possibility of the Bomb games being upgraded to a ten.

I try my best (which nightshift often allows) to comb different venues to purchase 2600 games. I recently picked up Z-Tack and Great Escape from Bomb. I have honestly never seen these games before, nor much heard of them before. Small company with a whopping 4 games to their credit.

Have I just missed these before, or is my observation correct on them not being readily available, making them candidates for the rarity rating of 10? Anyone agree?

Ed,

i would be extremely surprised if those two bomb games are ntsc. the seller is very knowledgable about atari games. my guess is he set the buy-it-now price knowing they were PAL games, since 19.99 is more than you normally see PAL format bomb games sell for on ebay. if they were NTSC, he would have put that in the title description and put $200 as the BIN price. hope you are not too disappointed when you get the games and see it roll on your TV set. unfortunately, since you bought these outside of ebay, you can't even leave him negative feedback. live and learn...if it's too good to be true, then it probably isn't.

In talking with him, they very well be PAL. He has a universal TV and is not aware of the format.

One way or another, it's fine with me. To be totally honest, I couldn't believe it myself that they were NTSC. I guess it was wishful thinking.

I got into a conversation with the seller about these games and other ones as well. You are correct, he is a very knowledgeable seller. He has a ton of good stuff, and he's a nice guy to deal with. ANyone that would deal with him on EBay will definately not be disappointed...

Oh well...thought I found a good one (or two!)...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Finally got done with that deal:

Assault - loose

Z-Tack - loose

and yes Cincy, they are NTSC !  8)

eeekscellent! what kind of deal and how/where did you find them?

have you seen the Great Escape on ebay right now?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5&category=3537

notice that the "QC Passed" sticker on the back has been removed, so any visual evidence it is NTSC has been removed. the seller doesn't know if it is PAL or NTSC, which usually means it is PAL. at almost $250, there is no way i would take a gamble that it would be NTSC.

I have all four. I think they're NTSC but I'm not sure. How can I tell the difference?

odd, i thought it was in this thread that someone mentioned that all NTSC Bomb games have a gold "QC Passed N" on the back, all PAL ones have "QC passed P". must have been another one. anyway that's one way to tell. another is to dump the ROM and count the scan lines...few people can do that.

another way is to take a game you know is PAL and plug it into your atari2600. if you are in north america and the picture rolls, then you probably have an old TV with a vertical hold adjustment. DO NOT adjust the vertical hold. now plug in your bomb game. if the screen rolls just like your PAL game, then it is PAL. if it does not roll, it probably is NTSC. if you have a newer TV which does not roll when you plug a PAL game into your atari, you need to find a different TV to make the test.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I always feel that having all the loose carts is complete, and having all the boxes and manuals is EXTRA complete myself. ;)

That doesn't make any sense :? Why not carry this to the extreme and say that just owning the circuit boards is all you need? Or better yet, all you really need are the ROM dumps for a complete collection. :roll: