Mord - 7

atomickneedrop - 2

roadrunner - 2

Atarian76 - 1

schmedly - 1

good luck everyone!

any corrections please post.

Edited by roadrunner

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Ninja Golf. But I have to say with a tone of some frustration... Why couldn't they have used the 2nd button for throwing stars and "up" to jump??? I waste SO many stars when I don't mean to, and take _so_ may dirt clods to the back of the head when I'm trying to throw a low star at a gopher and wind up footsweeping to the left instead.... grumble grumble.

But yes, I love this game to pieces. What a great idea - it's kind of surprising there was never a sequel (Jaguar maybe, anything, I'd take it!)

You are right about the controls, it's a little weird ;) But on the other hand, when "up" would mean "jump" I know I would do much worse as I sometimes accidently push "up" combined with left or right...

A sequel would have been nice... there's a flash online game. This is pretty cool (and has the controls the way you want):

http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/ninjagolf/ninjagolf-flashgame.php

Although Ninja Golf has "bad" sounds, I really love them... e.g. that "Jaws"- Theme when you face the sharks fits perfect ;)

• Like 1

I thought I did good in completing it. I guess I need to stop dodging and running away so much. I did pretty good on the golf part, but I guess my Ninja skills need work. Forgot to get the final score but I think it was 22 maybe?

post-5952-129661074832_thumb.jpg

post-5952-129661106847_thumb.jpg

Edited by Atarifever

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Ninja Golf. But I have to say with a tone of some frustration... Why couldn't they have used the 2nd button for throwing stars and "up" to jump??? I waste SO many stars when I don't mean to, and take _so_ may dirt clods to the back of the head when I'm trying to throw a low star at a gopher and wind up footsweeping to the left instead.... grumble grumble.

But yes, I love this game to pieces. What a great idea - it's kind of surprising there was never a sequel (Jaguar maybe, anything, I'd take it!)

Are you playing on hardware or emulator? If emulator, what kind of controller are you using?

Using JoyToKey freeware you can reconfigure the functions so that the first button is used for kick/shoot and the up y-axis is used to jump up. But I don't know if such reconfiguration conforms to HSC rules. Perhaps Roadrunner could address this question?

I'm curious as to what types of controllers other HSC members are using emulated games

I'm curious as to what types of controllers other HSC members are using emulated games

With the exception of Robotron, I just use the keyboard. Any control setup is fine as per the HSC rules. :)

I'll see if I can do any better later tonight when I have a bit of spare time, but I was pretty surprised I got as far as I did. Real problem with me is fighting the dragons as my ninja seems magically drawn to dragon fire.