IGNORED

7800 HSC Season 3 Round 10 Ninja Golf

roadrunner

I'm curious as to what types of controllers other HSC members are using emulated games

With the exception of Robotron, I just use the keyboard. Any control setup is fine as per the HSC rules. :)

I'll see if I can do any better later tonight when I have a bit of spare time, but I was pretty surprised I got as far as I did. Real problem with me is fighting the dragons as my ninja seems magically drawn to dragon fire.

Thanks for the input, Mord. I've yet to play Robotron. What controller do you use with it?

Thanks for the input, Mord. I've yet to play Robotron. What controller do you use with it?

To play Robotron I remapped the buttons on my Nyko Airflo EX controller so that the main 4 buttons would serve as a secondary controller. You really can't get far in Robotron with a single controller since it forces you to shoot and walk in the same direction like that. In the later stages the LAST direction you want to be walking in is the direction you're shooting.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Ninja Golf. But I have to say with a tone of some frustration... Why couldn't they have used the 2nd button for throwing stars and "up" to jump??? I waste SO many stars when I don't mean to, and take _so_ may dirt clods to the back of the head when I'm trying to throw a low star at a gopher and wind up footsweeping to the left instead.... grumble grumble.

But yes, I love this game to pieces. What a great idea - it's kind of surprising there was never a sequel (Jaguar maybe, anything, I'd take it!)

Are you playing on hardware or emulator? If emulator, what kind of controller are you using?

Using JoyToKey freeware you can reconfigure the functions so that the first button is used for kick/shoot and the up y-axis is used to jump up. But I don't know if such reconfiguration conforms to HSC rules. Perhaps Roadrunner could address this question?

I'm curious as to what types of controllers other HSC members are using emulated games

Yeah, any control set up is fine, and Robotron is best played with 2 controllers.

For emulation i use a cheap gamepad or the keyboard.

Edited by roadrunner