IGNORED

Snider-Man's DAY 12 WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT! CONTEST OVER!

Snider-man

And the 12 Days of Atari has officially come to an end. The winner of the final prize in the series:

UP431315.jpg

A boxed, complete 2600 Elevator Action – purchased at CGE 2001!

…is none other than OSMEROID!!!!

Congrats to Osmeroid! PM your address to me and I’ll get your prize in the mail.

So now I bet everyone wants to know about the Day 12 contest, how you were to enter, what was it all about, where the hell was it, etc. Well, there’s a Christmas story to be told about that. Sit down here next to the Christmas Tree and I’ll tell you all about the “Wish You A Merry Christmas Contest” that was underway during the entire 12 Days of Atari Series!

You see, I wanted the final day contest to be something special.

1. I wanted it to be accessible evenly to everybody around the world, regardless of time zones and such. So, I decided to run one contest that would be open 24 hours a day for the entire duration of the series of contests. EVERYBODY would have an equal chance at winning.

2. I wanted something simple. The Day 11 contest was in the works since the beginning, so I knew I wasn’t going to be able to top it. So I decided on holding a simple random drawing. If you entered the Day 12 contest, you had a chance at the prize.

3. Most importantly – I wanted to reward folks who did more than just “show up” for a giveaway. If they showed a little bit of initiative and obviously got into the Christmas Spirit, I wanted to reward that kind of “Christmasy” attitude.

With a concept in mind, I pitched the idea for Day 12 to Albert who seemed to think it was a neat idea. So, on Nov. 27, I changed my message signature to this:

Wish me a Merry Christmas at gameagain@netzero.net! It'll make my season...and it might make you just as happy!

Did anyone notice that last bit? “…it might make you just as happy?” Yup, anyone who sent a simple message along the lines of “Merry Christmas!” or “Have a nice holiday!” to gameagain@netzero.net received this message:

Thanks for the Christmas Cheer...and Congratulations! You have found the only way to become eligible for the 12 Days of Atari “Final Day 12” Giveaway!

You see, only those folks who actually paid attention to my signature and sent a Christmas greeting to this address are entered into a random drawing to be held Dec. 12 at noon! You are now entered for the drawing!

You are welcome to tell whoever you wish, but I’d appreciate it if you kept the secret of how you entered to yourself. After all, the more folks who are entered, the lower your odds of winning. (In other words, would you rather have a 1 in 100 chance of winning - or a 1 in 10 chance?) Besides, I want to see how many people find this on their own. I’ve been dropping hints like mad. Only those AA members who take a bit of initiative of their own are going to be rewarded with a chance at The Big Prize!

Thanks, and Good Luck!

Snider-Man

That’s right. The way to enter has appeared in every single message I have posted on AtariAge for the last 2 weeks. In almost every contest I’ve held, I’ve also dropped hints that there was already a contest underway. (I won’t cut and paste those messages here, for you can go back and read through them if you wish.) But, needless to say, this was – indeed – the Big One, for it ran the entire length of the contest series.

It was more than fair. Everyone was eligible. You didn’t need to do anything, look up anything, answer questions, or try to find The Humanoid. All you had to do was say “Merry Christmas” in an e-mail as spelled out in my signature. Even if you never picked up on the Day 12 Contest, you still had 11 other chances to win great prizes.

For the record, only 21 people entered the contest (with only three people figuring it out today). After a random drawing from all who entered, Osmeroid walks away with the big prize for taking the time to spread a little Christmas Cheer. I also appreciate everyone else who took a moment to say “Merry Christmas” as well. (And, for what it’s worth, The Young Game Collector was the first to send a Christmas greeting – on Nov. 27, in fact! No prize, but he was the first entry.)

What’s funny is that ALL of those folks who entered knew during the entire 12 Days what was going on, but no one posted any “Here’s how to enter” info. I fully expected someone to do that, but everyone who entered apparently was in on the secret. Thanks to everyone who kept the Day 12 drawing mysterious. I think it was more fun because of it.

I hope everyone enjoyed The 12 Days of Atari. I want to thank Albert and Alex for giving me the opportunity to monopolize the Contest Forum for a week and also thank them for the AA Berzerk Package Prize from yesterday’s contest. I may do this again next year – or sooner if I can get a few prizes together. (This series completely depleted my own collection!)

I also want to thank all of you who played. I hope – even if you didn’t win – that you had fun playing.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Snider-Man

I'm saddened that I didn't win, but congratulations winner. I had hoped I would win, since I entered some time ago, but I'm sure you deserve it just as much as anyone else :)

Thanks for bringing a little bit of christmas cheer by running this spectacular contest series, sinderman. I look forward to perhaps seeing more in the future :)

I'm saddened that I didn't win, but congratulations winner. I had hoped I would win, since I entered some time ago, but I'm sure you deserve it just as much as anyone else :)

Thanks for bringing a little bit of christmas cheer by running this spectacular contest series, sinderman. I look forward to perhaps seeing more in the future :)

0 for 0 on these contests still!

Almost like the Chicago Bears..

:D

Awesome contest Tim. I admit that I never noticed the message until you revealed it today.

It was kinda like when your town changes the speed limit on a street you drive on everyday. You do not notice until you get pulled over.

- yes this did happen in my town. They change the limit from 35 to 25. Luckily I was not one of the people who got pulled over.

I must agree benjam, it was funny watching ppl ask to be entered when I myself was already entered :D Someone always did give it away with their "Merry Christmas" crap! I was like no!!! don't do it! but congrats to the winner and it sucked cuz i wanted the prize! lol

I figured it out last night. (No, really, I did.)

But after the fun (?) and excitement of yesterday's contest, I really wanted someone else to get a chance.

Excellent contests, Snider-man. Hope they didn't take too much out of you.

You got me that time, Mac. This American Flight 812 requesting...

Yes, I also (rather obvious of me..) figured it out this morning.. About five minutes after reading Tim's post!  :D  I don't know how he does it, but his contest ideas get better EVERY time.  Tim, I think you need to get in touch with some big network guys, and cash in on a new game show!

The show could be called 'What's My Sni(derman)'